Author Topic: Hockey Discussion: The Leafs Would Like To Borrow Taylor Hall's Horseshoe  (Read 185741 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hockey Discussion
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2013, 04:32:50 AM »
The season's still almost a month away, but I'm really pumped for hockey to start. NHL 14 came out last week and is awesome as ever, and I just got out of my fantasy draft for this year. Despite my picking third, consensus number one Steven Stamkos fell to me, and then I managed to get Claude Giroux late in the second round. I like my skaters, but I'm a little thin at goaltender, although two of them have pretty great upside.

Is everybody else ready for some hockey?

Hell yes I'm ready. My friends and I do a fantasy league with 20 teams, and 20 players each, with a customised points system. It's insanely deep (and also has a huge pot) so we get very competitive about it. Need to do my research!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2014, 03:31:14 AM »
 Tonight just proves that if you let up, even for a second, Claude Giroux will make you pay for it. He's an unstoppable scoring machine.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
So how's everyone doing a couple games into the first round? I know a few of regulars from this thread saw their teams miss the playoffs.

My Flyers got a huge win today, their first at Madison Square Garden in over three years, to even their series with the Rangers at 1-1 going back to Philly. Of all people, Ray Emery has been the standout performer in the series so far, despite only playing because of Steve Mason's injury.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
Ducks and Penguins are both in so I'm happy enough. I don't expect much from the Penguins as they have what I think is their weakest team since Crosby's first year in the league. At least as far as forwards go. I actually think their D is pretty strong aside from Letang which I didn't think I'd be saying 3 years ago. As much as the media wants to keep hyping up Fluery as being close to another collapse, his play through the first two games and all year has been very good so I have no complaints there. I still think the team can make it to the Conference finals but I just don't see any team in the East stopping Boston. That said, I do think Detroit was the best first round match-up against them as they could make it tough for the Bruins considering the skill and record they have against them. Montreal is looking like they might be Boston's second round opponent which could also make things interesting as the history with those two teams does not favor Boston and Rask has a terrible record against them. Thus, the potential is there to possibly wear down the Bruin by the time they face Pittsburgh if that were to happen but I don't have much expectations for the team to be competing for a cup this year.

On the other hand, I'm more optimistic and really rooting for Anaheim. They have got a solid team at least as far as forwards go. Defense could be tweaked a bit but they've got some solid goaltenders to make up for it. With this being Selanne's last year, I'm hoping they go deep and maybe get that second championship. Good to see they are up 2-0 already. Hoping they can close the series with the Stars fast while SJ and LA go the distance. Plus, there is just something about the Ducks style and their games that are more interesting to watch. Despite Pittsburgh potentially having the 2 best players in the game with Malkin and Crosby, their games are just not as exciting to watch as they used to be 3 years ago. Maybe its the other players but their games are just not that dynamic anymore. With Anaheim, games just seem to have more energy and action. So, go Ducks!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
Hoping for meteors in every series but Pittsburgh/Columbus in the East, hoping for Chicago (for friends) or Colorado (massive fluke though it might be, I just want a cup parade here again) out West.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Well, it's do or die for the two teams I root for tonight. Penguins in their Game 7 versus Washington and Ducks versus Oilers in their Game 7.

If Ducks and Penguins are out then that means I'm pretty much done watching hockey for the year which isn't a bad thing because then my evenings are freed up again.

I wasn't sure how the Penguins would do with some of the injuries they've had to endure near the end of the season but after the first couple games of round 1 versus Columbus and with how Washington struggled in their first few games against Toronto, I've been thinking that Pittsburgh might end up repeating this year for the cup. However, Washington has actually got their act together that they may finally be able to move to the third round in the Ovechkin era for once. Curious to see how Penguins do tonight but Game 7's have not been the Capitals friend and Penguins has been mixed in their success. They've beat Washington in Game 7 in 2009, they beat the Wings for the cup in Game 7 in 2009 (with Fleury in net then) and beat Tampa Bay last year in Game 7 to get to the Stanley Cup. However, they also lost to Tampa Bay and the Rangers after being up 3-1 in a series in 2011 and 2014 respectively. They also lost to Montreal in Game 7 in 2010. So, who knows but I still think Pittsburgh has the edge despite this series suddenly becoming closer than it seemed over the first 4 games. I'm still disappointed they didn't win Game 3 after forcing overtime. It would have put Washington in 3-0 hole and I think they would have been done mentally after that.

As for the Ducks, please don't lose another Game 7 at home. They've put out some good teams for half a decade now and the best success they've seen was in 2015 when they lost to Chicago in 7 games in the Western Conference Final. That series was sort of seen as the true Stanley Cup Final since the Ducks and Blackhawks were the two best teams in the West and nobody expected the East winner to be as good as the winner of that series. Would love to see the Ducks get back to the Stanley Cup and they've got the talent to do it especially with the Kings suddenly winning 2 cups in the past few years. Would like the Ducks to get another cup and tie them so that the Kings don't have that bragging right anymore.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »
Couldn't have said it any better. Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, and Cogs are getting old and they're not getting any better or faster. Getz said it best: Ducks like to do things the hard way. They made it to #1 in the Pacific Div. this year and last, on the very last game of the year. They clawed back from an 0-2 round 2 series deficit this last week, only to blow the 3-2 series lead in Game 6. I can't take the ulcers anymore. WIN TONIGHT DUCKS!

And if anyone disagrees I'll fight you!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »
That's why last year's disappointment with the Predators was further upsetting. The Ducks had to come from behind to win the division on the last or second last game of the year but they won their games to take it from the Kings. Unlike past years when they won the division in a blowout, they had to battle all year especially with the horrible start to the year they had. Yet, the dropped the first 2 games in stupid plays and multiple penalties and couldn't recover in time.

If they beat the Oilers tonight then it is a rematch against the Preds who have beat the Ducks the 2 times they've played each other in the playoffs. So, if Ducks want to do things the hard way, they're going to get their wish.

Watching the Pens game right now and I want to say the best thing about their playoffs this year has been Fleury. I've always been a fan of his even when people started to dump on him during the 2012-14 era when he got lit up through a few playoff series. Even Brodeur and Roy had bad playoff years so its realistic to expect that some years things won't align or he might be off his game. Despite the playoff troubles, he was putting up solid numbers through the regular season year after year so at some point that would translate back to success in the playoffs. It was disappointing last year when Murray got to take over the net because of a late season injury but things have reversed this year and Fleury's gotten his chance to redeem himself finally and it's great to watch. I love when they cut to Fleury after some saves and he's smiling and laughing. It's hilarious. When you see Holtby, the dude just looks miserable throughout the game. I guess playing for the Capitals would do that to a person but I prefer Fleury's bemusement as if he can't believe he made a save.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »
Penguins Win!!!! On to the Conference Finals!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2017, 12:03:59 AM »
Well, I think this means a return trip to the Finals for Pittsburgh. I mean, there's the chance that Ottawa can beat them but that would be a huge upset. Penguins have the second best regular season record this year and they just took out the number 1 team in the league as well as the 4th best in their opening round despite injuries and a constantly changing line-up with some inexperienced players who weren't even part of last years run. At this point, I don't see how the Senators are going to beat them. I'm surprised they've managed to make it to this point but it just shows how good Karlsson is of a defensemen. If the Senators could actually acquire some better talent to support him than they could have a chance to dominate their division for possibly a decade. Oh well, a chance for their owner to whine about the Penguins some more as they go down, I suppose.

But who will they play in the finals and will they be healthy enough by then or will the wear and tear of the past season and last year be too much?

Had a couple conversations about the game at work today with Justin Williams Mr. Game 7 reputation being a focal point in the media leading up to the game and asking if I was worried. People know I'm a Penguins fan because I often wear a Pens jersey during game days in the playoffs so hockey talk is brought up sometimes to try and give me a hard time a bit. I was saying that I had a feeling Justin Williams probably wouldn't be a factor in this game. When Rust scored that first goal, I was instantly reminded of his 2 goal performance in Game 7 last year and was laughing to myself that the Penguins have their own Mr. Game 7 on their side. Best of all, Fleury got the shut-out. I kept hoping he'd get one this series particularly for Game 5 or 6 to close out the series and "steal" a game to further bolster his Conn Smythe potential. Fortunately, he saved it for Game 7. Phew. What a performance. A couple lucky breaks and quite a handful of highlight saves.

Personally, I don't really have anything against the Capitals. There are other teams I dislike way more. (Like the Flyers. Sucks they got lucky in the draft.) Last year, Pittsburgh seemed to be a team in the middle of a rebuild and while I hoped they might still get past Washington last year, I was prepared to accept that the Capitals would most likely finally see some postseason success and eliminate them to move on to the third round. But then the series began and despite looking pretty evenly matched, Penguins began to get the upper hand and that's when I was fully on board with believing they could actually win the cup that year. It was a bit of the same this year. Before the playoffs began, Pittsburgh wasn't exactly brimming with good news as different players were injured and on the mend while Washington was pretty much healthy and even a bit more stacked than last year. However, I wasn't about to concede defeat. Seeing how Pittsburgh would perform against Columbus in the opening round would be the best indication of whether this team could make another run. As I said earlier, once I saw Pittsburgh handling the Blue Jackets pretty easily in their opening games while Washington was having trouble beating Toronto, I've been thinking a repeat just might be in the cards for this team. Admittedly, Washington finally got themselves on track near the end of the series but they dug themselves into too much of an early hole with this series.

It's crazy that Ovechkin hasn't made it to the finals or won the cup with some of the talent and teams the Capitals have put out. I honestly would be fine with Ovechkin winning a cup. The guy has proven that he is one of the all-time great goal scorers in the league and is very talented even though his defensive abilities may not be as well developed as his offensive. For a few years now, he has been one of the few players doing all he can to try and get his team over the hump. This year was the first regression I've seen in his playoff performances in awhile but, as I also mentioned earlier, sometimes a player can just have a bad year. Unfortunately for the Caps, a lot of times the team they have lost to in the second round ended up going to the Finals. Maybe they'd have still lost to that team if they faced them in the third round but the way the playoffs worked out they've ended up facing a bunch of those teams in the second round and losing to them there making their playoff record dismal at second round success. It's really crazy that they can't get past it despite year after year of making it to the second round and having a lot of those series go to a Game 7 as well. And now, they're going to have to make some changes and probably lose a good chunk of their team. If the Capitals get weaker, Pittsburgh benefits because their team is pretty well built to last for a few more years. Rangers are on the decline, Flyers are in a bit of rebuild, Devils are restructuring, Islanders looked to be on the rise but seemed to have suddenly stalled, Carolina is going nowhere. Columbus is the only team right now that may be trending in the right direction to compete in the division and the playoffs but its hard to say with just one good season and no real record of sustainable success yet.

From where this team was 2 years ago to now, I'm still amazed at the sudden transformation but I'm really happy to see this franchise really living up to the potential everyone thought it had after back to back Finals in 08 and 09. If Crosby and company can win another Stanley Cup, quite a few players will tie the Blackhawks and their recent 3 cup wins. It's the Blackhawks that suddenly become the team that Pittsburgh was expected to be this decade but they've got a chance to fulfill those expectations with another good chance to win a cup again this year. Doing so will but them into a 3 way tie with the Oilers and Blackhawks at 5 cup wins in franchise history which is also the number 5 spot for teams with the most cup wins.

Of course, if some kind of madness occurs and the Ducks and Penguins actually do meet up in the Stanley Cup Final for the first ever such match-up, I'm going to be highly conflicted on that one. But for now, it's best to treat each team separately with the assumption the other one isn't around in the Final.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2017, 01:38:23 AM »
Huzzah!!!

Got a lot of friends in Edmonton since I used to live there and I learned that the Oiler Nation has been going by the term Orange Crush of late for their home games with all the orange jerseys. So, after getting a bit of razzing from them after the first two games, I look forward to sending them one or two of these pictures as a response. Perhaps Optimism Prime has a suggestion on how I could enhance them further.  ;D

So glad the Ducks finally won a 7th game and end that conversation. Last week, on Wednesday, the Ducks and Penguins both played games and they both won. This Wednesday, they both had games again and both won. Can all Penguin and Duck games be scheduled on Wednesdays from now on?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2017, 01:40:45 AM »
I just realized this means I'm going to be watching a lot more hockey yet still. So long Breath of the Wild. I may need to buy 100 tacos for $100 yet to get the adequate sustenance I need for the next few rounds to come.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2017, 02:18:48 AM »
WOOOOO

Well the Ducks are from Orange County so... maybe the Oilers can come up with a new nickname while they're on vacation. You can send your friends my lovely twitter MS paint masterpiece: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/848993200668688384/AAg5PICu_400x400.jpg
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2017, 03:10:29 AM »
I wonder if this changes the narrative on Randy Carlyle. Close to the time he first left Anaheim, there were a lot of former players that just didn't like him. When Boudreau took over the team, I was uneasy about the move. From the early part of the Crosby/Ovechkin Pens/Caps rivalry, Boudreau never struck me as a great coach but someone who just was lucky to be coaching a really talented team and the playoff failures seemed to reinforce that.

Yet, I changed my opinion on Boudreau after his first two seasons. In fact, it was his last year that really impressed me because of how the Ducks rebounded from the 1-10 start (or close to it) to still come back and win the division. Most teams are done for the year with a start like that yet his system seemed to allow them to recover. Best of all, the Ducks played an entertaining type of game to watch. Lots of energy, hits and action. Plus, as Washington continued to fail at making it out of the second round of the playoffs, people couldn't really blame Boudreau for Washington's lack of success anymore. Plus, he did get the Ducks to the WCS showing he could get past the second round also.

Meanwhile, Carlyle's reputation took a further hit in Toronto as advanced stats took on a larger focus of game analysis and his system of play seemed to fail in that analysis with the narrative growing that he was an old-style coach who had failed to adapt with the changing game of the current NHL and stuck to outdated methods of coaching.

Thus, even though last year's playoff loss for the Ducks was a real downer, I really was hoping Boudreau wouldn't be fired as a I felt this Game 7 early playoff exit streak couldn't continue and his method seems to have such success in the regular season that it should translate to post season success at some point. Plus, if he was fired, what coach was available to replace him? At that point, there were only a couple coaches I considered better and they weren't going anywhere. So, when Boudreau was fired and Carlyle was brought back as coach, a lot of the media analysis seemed to be that this was a regression for the franchise, that Carlyle would drag the team down from the past few seasons of success and that the players would hate playing for him again.

And yet, the Ducks won the division for the 5th straight year, they just won a Game 7 at home and they have made it to the Western Conference Finals again. The players seem to be pretty accepting of him. When you look back at his time with Toronto, he was the only coach to get the Leafs to the playoffs in the past decade (until this year) and was a period away from them advancing to the second round as well. Even Babcock with a team probably more skilled than what Carlyle had to work with was only able to get a couple wins with the Leafs. When you compare the 2 series, Carlyle's team was much closer to advancing than Babcock's was this year but there's a lot of differences between those two series for a whole lot of serious analysis.

Meanwhile, Boudreau and the Wild had a great first 75% of the season and then crashed near the end and fell into an 0-3 hole eventually losing in the first round this year. Poor guy's reputation is certainly going to take a further hit with the Ducks results so far this year. Feel bad for him since I did like a lot of his tenure with the Ducks. However, I'm interested to see how Carlyle handles Nashville. A year after losing to them in the first round, they meet each other again in the WCS with Nashville getting the Laviolette Bump.

Lavy coached the Hurricanes to their Stanley Cup win in 2006, got the Flyers to the Finals in 2010 (and helped orchestrate a real doozy on the Penguins in the opening round of the 2012 playoffs) and now he's got Nashville to the WCS as they try to get to the Finals. Dude's been responsible for defeating my favorite teams a few times so here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
Once again I find myself diametrically opposed to Khushrenada. I'm pulling for Ottawa in the East both because of my general hatred of everything Pittsburgh and because a friend of mine who I introduced to hockey about 15 years ago picked the Senators as his team for whatever reason and has stuck by them, so I'm also rooting for them for him. I'm also rooting for Nashville in the West, just because they're a fun team with a great fan base and also to rub it in Montreal's face for trading PK Subban.

J.P. Corbran

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »
The 2017 difference was a combination of magic and coaching.

1) Getzlaf checks Mcdavid just before the first puck is dropped in G7, to throw off his concentration. Maybe it worked? Other than one lucky goal, it would've been 2-0. Oilers simply didn't have the drive, even though they just had a blowout game
2) Kesler shadowed Mcdavid for most of the series, shutting him out the last 2 games. The Kesler-Silfverberg-Cogs line has been good all year
3) Moving Nick Ritchie to Getzlaf's line got the goal
4) Rakell and Silvferberg
5) Ducks finally decided to attack the puck whenever the Oilers tried entering the zone, something the Preds consistently did in last year's playoff meeting
6) Game 5 was pure magic that came from within

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #266 on: May 11, 2017, 07:53:49 PM »
Friggin' Blues. Been to the playoffs more than any team in the States in any sport and have still not won a championship. They're the Cubs of the NHL, except the Cubs actually win championships.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »
My local major junior team, the Erie Otters, won the OHL championship tonight for the first time in 15 years. They've been great the last few years, producing the #1 and #3 picks in the 2015 draft in Connor McDavid and Dylan Strome, but they couldn't quite get it over the top until now.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2017, 12:44:13 AM »
What brain-dead moron decided to give PK Subban to Nashville again? I forgot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
Once again I find myself diametrically opposed to Khushrenada. I'm pulling for Ottawa in the East both because of my general hatred of everything Pittsburgh and because a friend of mine who I introduced to hockey about 15 years ago picked the Senators as his team for whatever reason and has stuck by them, so I'm also rooting for them for him. I'm also rooting for Nashville in the West, just because they're a fun team with a great fan base and also to rub it in Montreal's face for trading PK Subban.

Not surprised your rooting against Pittsburgh. That was expected. But you can just say you want Pittsburgh to lose instead of pretending to invent the idea of a friend rooting for Ottawa. Having finally watched Ottawa play in these first two games of the series, there's no way anyone could start watching hockey and decide that's the team they want to root for. At least Game 2 had a bit more action than Game 1 but man is this series a drag to watch right now. Worst playoff hockey I've seen this year. The only entertaining thing so far has been watching Kessel and Malkin's reactions the past two games.

Now, with the Ducks and Preds, this series has delivered and has probably been the best series yet of the few I've watched with the potential to be the best series of this year's playoffs. Nashville is one of those teams that I may root for or root against depending on who they play but I'm not always wishing would lose like Flyers or Senators. (I've disliked the Senators for a long time before this current Pens series.) Unlike Columbus, Phoenix, or RIP Thrashers, they've been one of the better recent expansion teams and have slowly and steadily kept building themselves into a better and better team getting more and more successful. After the Pens wrapped up their series with Columbus, I was checking what else was on and saw that the Chicago/Preds series was on in the third period with Nashville looking to finish the sweep. I'm glad I tuned in for that period because the fans were really into that game and celebrating the Preds about to clinch the series. It was a great experience to take in just from watching the game. I'm sure it would have been really electric in person. In that case, I was glad to see Nashville and its fans get a great win like that. Making it to the Finals for the first time is another great step but if going further means beating the Ducks then Nashville must lose.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2017, 08:39:06 PM »
As for rubbing the Subban trade in Montreal's face, it is kind of pointless. Pretty much all of Montreal's fans were upset with the trade. Even now, people in Montreal are still cheering Subban on because they liked him and knew the trade was bad. As for rubbing it in the GM's face, as this article pretty much explains, even Bergevin has to be well aware he lost this trade based on his moves in the season and that article was written after the first round and that makes it hard to mock him.

Subban winning doesn't give you much to mock Montreal with. It's not like Toronto and Kessel where they scapegoated and scorned the guy at the end and then he won a cup immediately after being traded to Pittsburgh. (Although with the Leafs getting Austin Matthews, they're probably still going to be pretty happy about losing Kessel to acquire him.) Still, at least Kessel proving his worth on a good team made it easy to rub Toronto's fans dismissal of him in their face.

With Montreal and Subban, all you're going to get is agreement. The fans didn't turn on him. They liked him. They didn't want him traded. Heck, I'm sure most of his teammates probably didn't want him traded. Montreal fans are still pulling a bit for Subban to win anyways. The only person to criticize is Bergevin and I'm sure he's getting that on an almost daily basis since he made the trade. So, if that's your main motivation for cheering on the Preds, you can let it go and cheer for the Ducks. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:40:44 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
I know everybody feels that way about the Subban deal, but it doesn't make it any less desirable. Beyond that, I'm rooting for Subban himself irrespective of the trade. He's an excellent player who's fun to watch and by all accounts a great guy off the ice as well, and I'd like to see him succeed.

Also, I really do have a friend who's a Senators fan. He's got odd taste in teams (he's also an LA Rams fan) but he's been a fan of theirs for a long time now, stuck by them through some really lean years, and it'd be nice to see that rewarded. Believe me, though, I'd be rooting against the Penguins no matter who their opponent was in this series, I don't need excuses.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:35 PM »
SERIOUSLY, ANAHEIM!!! STOP MAKING YOUR WINS SO BLOODY DIFFICULT!!!

Ugh.

At least the series is even and best of 3 now.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »
WOOOO! Just 6 wins away from the cup.

Someone on Twitter said the promo giveaway for the next game is a rally towel and a pacemaker  ;D

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:03 AM »
What a waste by the Predators to manage to claw their way back but not finish the job. Oh well, it was a hell of a game. Even though I'm rooting for Nashville, I don't honestly care that much who wins this series (as opposed to the other one) and I hope it goes the full 7 with more close, entertaining games.

J.P. Corbran