Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210502 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
Yeah, I hate paying the "shrimp premium." I don't think I got it as much at home than I do here at school.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
Burger joints: Some variant of a double burger (Double Quarter at McDonald's, the Double with cheese at Wendy's - my local BK still has the Double Stacker so I'll go with that). If I'm feeling brave, hungry, or both I'll order the Grand Slam at Wendy's, but this has only happened twice in my life. Triple, extra patty, no tomatoes or pickles.

Dairy Queen: Peanut Buster Parfait.

KFC: Big Crunch sandwich

Subway: Either the Steak and Cheese or Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, footlong

Chinese takeout: Egg rolls heavy on the meat, chicken fried rice, chicken balls (sauce on the side if not held entirely).

Pizza: Pepperoni, ground beef, extra cheese.

Other: Donairs from the mom&pop pizza place at the end of my street, or hamburger/chicken poutine.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
Flower paradise is in Canada.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
Shrimp are the cockroaches of the sea. They're bottom feeders, but for some reason they're relatively expensive.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2010, 12:59:20 AM »
Because they're delicious, maybe?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »
Fast food has its place in this world. It can make you feel like your not hungry, when you are hungry. But you'll absorb no vitamins, potassium, iron, and other essential nutrients from any of the major fast food chains. Maybe protein and carbs....actually I guaruntee it, but amino acids? No, probably not.

I'm not a health nut or anything, but I do like to eat real food...because real food, is well, real food. Anything that isn't actually cook (aka takes time), probably isn't the best thing to eat.

That said

MccaD's - Doublecheese burger (single slice of cheese) or a McChicken (no mayo)
BK - Whooper
Taco Bell - Crunchwrap Supreme with volcano sauce
Hardee's - Mafuckin' Thickburger on sour dough
KFC - Extra crispy
Pizza - Every vegetable plus chicken and jalapeƱos DEEP DISH cut in squares
Rally's - Just the fries
Wendy's - Jr. Deluxe no mayo (use to be the spicy chicken but it's extremely small now) and a frosty
Steak n Shake - Frisco Melt
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2010, 02:34:57 AM »
I just went to Popeyes and I think I'm through with that place, at least that specific one.

I ordered the Catfish dinner hoping that the portions were atleast of similar size to the ones shown in the picture, especially since it's the most expensive dinner meal/combo they had @ ~$7.50.

I had to turn the car around and go back because when I opened my catfish meal, it looked like i had 2 fish nuggets that wouldn't even fill the container than my beans & rice came in. There was more biscuit than there was meat. The guy offered me another Catfish "nugget" and told me that that is the way it is and that he always tells his friends not to order that meal because of it. I had them trade me out for the 3 piece chicken meal instead.  That's the second or 3rd time that that Popeyes has made me feel ripped off with what they have served me, and 3 of the people inside weren't even surprised that I come in to return it as if it happens all the time. The manager was a bitch about it though, but a bitch in the nicest way possible. I still think I'm avoiding that place from now on.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
I just went to Popeyes and I think I'm through with that place, at least that specific one.

I've never had a good eating experience at my Popeye's, so I've just not bothered trying other locations. Then again, I tend to hate the "fast" version of southern food.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
I've only been to Popeye's once and it was great. My brother and I managed to instantly make friends with the cashier, so he hooked it up with a box of fries and discounted our chicken meals. We took it outside to eat and he joined us; choppin it up with us for a couple minutes before heading back inside. Food was decent for fried chicken (which you really can't **** up) and the fries were good. All in all, a pretty good experience. That was like 4 years ago.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
fried chicken (which you really can't **** up)

Have you ever tried Albertsons fried chicken?
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
haha, cha-ching. Albertson's chicken is equally bad where i live.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:19 AM »
I just seen a commercial for KFC where they advertised a meal deal of 7 pieces of chicken and a large mash&gravy and a large coleslaw with 4 buscuits or something like that.

Problem is that the bucket they used had 7 pieces of chicken visible at the surface of the bucket. What else is in that bucket?
If 7 pieces fit at the top of the bucket, then they could have easily fit about 25 pieces in there.
Doesn't that constitute as some sort of false advertising through blatantly misleading imagery?

They made sure that they had 7 pieces up on the screen for most of the commercial, but still, tha tis very misleading to use a big bucket full of chicken to only sell me 7 pieces out of it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »
all i know is im hungry

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2011, 03:56:08 AM »
I just seen a commercial for KFC where they advertised a meal deal of 7 pieces of chicken and a large mash&gravy and a large coleslaw with 4 buscuits or something like that.

Problem is that the bucket they used had 7 pieces of chicken visible at the surface of the bucket. What else is in that bucket?
If 7 pieces fit at the top of the bucket, then they could have easily fit about 25 pieces in there.
Doesn't that constitute as some sort of false advertising through blatantly misleading imagery?

They made sure that they had 7 pieces up on the screen for most of the commercial, but still, tha tis very misleading to use a big bucket full of chicken to only sell me 7 pieces out of it.

Even for a black man, this post is ridiculous.

And I agree with everything he said

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread, but it looks like McDonalds is no longer the #1 Fast Food Chain around the world.

It' looks like Subway is now the king of fastfood and that is just disappointing.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/857499-subway-overtakes-mcdonalds-as-worlds-largest-restaurant-chain

I would tell you why, but I'm gonna skim through this thread to see if I already complained about Subway or not so that I can just quote myself instead.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
I believe it.  Subway is absolutely everywhere.  I have found in my travels here in BC that McDonalds is a wee bit picky.  There are lots of middle-of-nowhere small towns that don't have one.  It seems that A&W and Dairy Queen are the fast food burger joints of choice for small BC towns.  But Subway is in every town.  You just cannot be somewhere in the entire province where there is no Subway.  If there is no Subway then that probably means there are practically no businesses whatsoever.  Everyone has a Subway.

Of course Subway and McDonalds are apples and oranges.  I would never go to Subway if I craved burgers or McDonalds if I craved subs.  Same with KFC.  It doesn't really compete with these places in my mind because sometimes I want fried chicken so burger or sub or taco places aren't even in the picture.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »
Yeah A&W and DQ are old school fast food franchises.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
My neck of the woods has 4 Subways within 10 miles of each other, including one in Walmart with another less than a mile down the road. There was a quiznos across from Walmart, but they went buh-bye and Gamestop moved in. We do not have a DQ nor A&W, though we used to have an A&W a long time ago, like 30 years.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2011, 10:09:20 PM »
I wish there were Penn Stations all over the world...

So much better.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
The worst thing about this part of the country are the restaurant deficiencies.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
But that just made you a better cook right?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
I've gone off on falsee advertising from Fast Food before and I think it was in this thread, so I'm gonna post this here

This

this

this

this

& this

should all be illegal. Is it possible to sue over this? I want to make it stop?

The JnB Tacos are the worst offender by far, and I'm not sure how they get away with advertising their tacos that have never and will never look like that no matter how much time they take to prepare it, but it's grossly misleading and very obviously false advertising.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
This is a drop in the bucket, I'm afraid.

If you want to "get them back" then don't eat there. If you want a burger like the angus, go into a mom and pop's restaurant and get it done right.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
i've had Big Macs that looked like their picture counterpart, and your almost never fucked over at Wendy's.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »
[...] your almost never fucked over at Wendy's.

Best save that opinion for your cardiologist.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality