Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1214644 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #825 on: July 25, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »
I see Hawkeye but is that the Wasp on the far left?

Anyways, on Spider-man I wish they just do it like a Cartoon series or comic does different time.  Which they just jump right into the middle of it like you know all the backstory and origin already.  Especially with Spider-man... My 3 year old could probably tell you the origin story of Spider-man.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:45 AM »

I assumed it was Black Widow on the far left. I don't know what line-up they're going for, but I think we can do without an Ant-Man and Wasp film. I'd rather have Vision, personally.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »

I assumed it was Black Widow on the far left. I don't know what line-up they're going for, but I think we can do without an Ant-Man and Wasp film. I'd rather have Vision, personally.
You right it is probably Black Widow.  I honestly in the position that you can't really be the Avengers without Wasp.   Though I guess I'm a traditionalist then.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #828 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
It's Black Widow, and I don't think she's getting her own film, she was in Iron-Man 2.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
It's Black Widow, and I don't think she's getting her own film, she was in Iron-Man 2.
I doubt she would being attached to Shield.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 25, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »
Whose face is that behind Hulk?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 25, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Whose face is that behind Hulk?
I assume Bruce Banner aka The Hulk :P  Simply because Tony Stark is behind Iron Man and another version of Cap is behind Captain America.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 25, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
That's what I think...but it doesn't look like Mark Ruffalo.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 25, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
from all indications the Ant-man film is still happening, but unnattached to the avengers. I trust it will be good because Edgar Wright has been developing it. Hopefully he stays attached to it to completion.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
from all indications the Ant-man film is still happening, but unnattached to the avengers. I trust it will be good because Edgar Wright has been developing it. Hopefully he stays attached to it to completion.
That seems like a huge loss.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #835 on: July 25, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Really, Ant-Man? He is like a D-list superhero at best. Well, I suppose if it's a good movie people will watch it anyways.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 25, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »
Really, Ant-Man? He is like a D-list superhero at best. Well, I suppose if it's a good movie people will watch it anyways.
I agree that on his own he's down there but, if they're making the movie anyways he should have been with the Avengers.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #837 on: July 25, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »
I agree there, it's the same way you wouldn't make a movie just based on someone like Mr. Terrific but would be fine with him in a Justice League movie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 25, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »
I agree there, it's the same way you wouldn't make a movie just based on someone like Mr. Terrific but would be fine with him in a Justice League movie.
Yeah,  Though the DC Universe in general seems to have more Stand Alone heroes.  Though where is my Booster Gold or Formerly Known as the Justice League movie :P

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #839 on: July 25, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »
After seeing the awesome episode of Justice League Unlimited that focused on him, I am a fan of Booster Gold.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 25, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
Wow, I can't believe how NONE of you are talking about the Legend of Korra trailer. I know we have some Last Airbender fans here, despite the atrocious movie..

Here it is again if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXriwMQBNSQ

Several things I noticed from watching the trailer:

1. Really modern. They have electricity, huge cities and street lights. It's supposedly been 70 years after the previous events and 16 years after Aang died (that's an awesome statue of him by the way). I can't believe how fast the Avatar world evolved. It's as if the first series took place in late 19th century and this is starting in the middle of the 20th.

2. The show easily has a higher budget than the last series, in animation alone. It's fluid and fast, far more saturated and more detailed than before. It looks like a top quality anime movie, something akin to the Cowboy Bebop Movie. That's amazing considering this is at least a 12 episode mini-series.

3. Other than bending water in the opening scene, Korra only bends fire during the entire trailer. Does she know air or earth?

4. There are people who attack Korra who can bend metal. At first I thought those guys who chase her through the streets and attack her from the roof were using some sort of rope gun or something, but if you look closely, they are metal. So are they cops or enemies? Either way it's great that Toph taught a few people her tricks.

5. The choreography is amazing. True to Airbender fame, the fighting looks awesome. Best of all though, Korra seems to have her own style of fighting. It's far more aggressive than Aang's. She breaks wrists, has little disregard of near-by property, and tries to kick people's heads off.

6. We finally get to see her Animal Companion. Just like Aang had Appa, she has a Polar Bear/ Wolf Mix. I was hoping it would be a giant penguin/ polar bear hybrid, so she could traverse underwater, but whatever, it looks great. I just hope it has as much personality as Appa, who cracked me up on more than one occasion.

7. And lastly, we get to see the main enemy. He looks bad ass. The mask is a great touch. Supposedly, he is the leader of an Anti-Bender revolution. I don't know what that means exactly, but I hope they use the power of Spirit-Bending to rip peoples ability to bend away from them; just as Aang did to Ozai at the climax of the first series. That could be a great plot and also entice a great amount of fear in the Avatar world.

Your thoughts?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
1. I wonder if the four nations are still separate.  I was trying to figure out which one that city belongs to, and I think it must be in the Fire Nation.  It's the most likely to have electricity and airships, not to mention coastal cities with big mountains.

2. It looks about on par with the important fight scenes of the original series to me.  It's hard to say what non-action scenes will look like since a trailer is obviously going to focus on action.  That ship near the start was just moving in a nice, cheap, straight line, though.

3. If she's following the proper procedures, she'd have to know earth before fire, right?  Isn't it water, earth, fire, then air?  I'm guessing the story is set during her fire training.  It would explain all the firebending action, and storywise, it would be her most trying time as Avatar, fire being water's opposite and all.  More potential for her to be an underdog that way.

4. I'm not seeing the metal.  If it is, that could be a real world weapon called an urumi.

5. Ayup.  Though I think Aang would have busted up property, too, if he'd had the animation budget for it.

6. I'm surprised it isn't something that can fly.  Two of the Avatars we knew of had flying animals.  A swimmer could have made sense, too.  Maybe an albatross-orca.  ;D  This is a glorified horse, not that there was ever a shortage of such things in Avatar land.

7. Might be cool if under that mask, he's someone we'd recognize.  Or their son, rather, given the time that's passed.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 25, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
After seeing the awesome episode of Justice League Unlimited that focused on him, I am a fan of Booster Gold.
That is an awesome episode in an awesome series but, My Personal Favorite is the one with the Flash when he's getting a statue.

I should watch Avatar but the voice acting and something else of it that I saw turned me off.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:37:23 PM by Ceric »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
Ceric: I think the voice acting is superb; especially for Uncle Iroh and Sokka.

UPB: I just read the Wiki and I suggest you read it too - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

It tells us a lot like that the city is called United Republic and is a conglomeration of each tribe that Zoku and Aang built. Also, I was right about the metal bending ;).

Btw, I suggest you watch the trailer again at 1/4 speed at 720p (you need to opt for the HTML5 trial by going to youtube.com/html5). It's amazing. But I"d skip to 42 seconds.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:07:24 PM by The Unagi »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 25, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »
Korra will consist of two seasons. Season 1 is 12 episodes, Season 2 is 14.

Korra mastered water, earth, and fire prior to the show. She'll be learning airbending from Tenzin, Aang and Katara kid. Tenzin has three kids of his own. He's getting up there in years, probbaly around 50.

Aang had three kids, Tenzin being the youngest.

And that thing she's riding is a POLAR BEAR dog. I'm going to assume it can swim. Her name is Naga.

Any more questions? I just back from the Korra panel and I'm back in Washington.
 There's a five part video on Youtube of the complete panel if you want to watch it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:16:51 PM by Oblivion »

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »
As a big fan of Avatar I am hyped for this.

I heard them describe the city as something like 1920s Shanghai (think Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).  I wasn't expecting the more modern world at all and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  The pictures are really helping me warm up to the idea though.  I wonder exactly what they mean by it though because Shanghai at the time was a lot different for a regular Chinese person than some white foreigner who was living there.  I assume its some kind of an idealistic version but its hard for me to think of when they say Shanghai at that time.

I'm disappointed that they gave up the name Avatar and the awesome Chinese shield characters that said the name.  I guess they are following the terrible, terrible movie's lead in order not to be confused with James Cameron's Avatar but I still wish they could have kept the original name.  It makes far more sense since the main character is the Avatar and there are apparently multiple airbenders now (Ang's son and his kids).

I really love that they made a new series and had the balls to get rid of the original cast after their story was over.  It always seems like the creators of a show have a great idea like this and then the suits step in and tell them to keep the original characters or screw off.

Did they say anything about Korra's personality Oblivion?  Judging by the element she uses and how she fights it seems like she'll be a lot different from Aang. (I can't watch youtube)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:51:24 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
Actually, I'm fairly certain Tenzin is the only airbender now. Aang's two other kids aren't airbenders. They weren't clear what nationality they are, however. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say one is a waterbender and the other is a non-bender.

And the creators were interviewed last year saying that her personality is in a sense the opposite of Aang's. She's fiery and headstrong. She has a good sense of humor, apparently.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 25, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »
I didn't mean Aang's other kids.  I read that Tenzin's kids were airbenders.

Good to hear about Korra being different.  I didn't want an Aang 2 and it will be interesting to see how she deals with what appears to be very different problems.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 25, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Sixth: I'm pretty sure they were talking about the music. Track team, the sound track producers, said to expect the music to be as if 1920's jazz was found in Shanghai.

Oblivion: Appartently Tenzin's children are all airbenders.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »
Did you get this from the Avatar wiki? Because you do realize that's the worst place for Avatar info, right?

But in any case, where did you get that info about his kids? I didn't see that at the panel.