Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1205364 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #800 on: July 02, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
If there's going to be sequel of any Pixar movie, it has to be Incredibles.

I've been saying that for far too long. I wish Pixar would also think this and make it happen.

I read that Cars made the most money for Pixar thanks to merchandise.  I don't really see why since Cars toys technically should have tons of competition because they're just, well.. cars.

They are a multi-billion dollar franchise thanks to toys. they will likely get a Cars 3 also at some point (and before an Incredibles 2).

Supposedly Toy Story 4 is also in the works.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 22, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
Thunder. Thunder. Thundercats. HO! According to wiki it starts July 29.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 22, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »
Thunder. Thunder. Thundercats. HO! According to wiki it starts July 29.
Welp, they had me till they got the CGI Mechs muddled into my fairly good animation.  Then the sword didn't grow when he called out that made it lose a lot of its impact.  Also wish they would have just kept locked step like with the other characters with Cheetara.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 23, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
The Amazing Spiderman
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810165200/trailer

Contrary to what we previously thought, it is another origin story... if the trailer is anything to go by.
I just hope they push through that part rather quickly and get to the action.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 23, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »
Origin stories are boring enough the first time around. Instead of rebooting every single franchise the moment it has a slip-up, Hollywood should really take responsibility and move forward. Change the actors, change the directors, disregard the established canon, but don't outright restart!

I'm inclined to believe that if Sam Raimi can't make a good Spider-Man film, then no one can. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #805 on: July 23, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »
Contrary to what we previously thought, it is another origin story... if the trailer is anything to go by.

Um, I am pretty sure that was confirmed awhile ago, and it was what was rumored since almost the beginning as well. So I am disappointed that the rumors were true, there was no reason for it other than Sony having no ideas and just making it so they can keep the Spider-Man film franchise.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
That's what I liked about The Incredible Hulk - it wasn't a reboot but more of a sequel, even though it wasn't exactly one. More people saw that one than Hulk and they just used the opening credits to give the origin story instead of wasting everyone's time. Spider-Man's origin is a little bit more complicated than Hulk, but still, just about everyone and their brother saw the 2002 Spider-Man film.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #807 on: July 23, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
Spider-Man's origin story summed up: High school kid gets bit by radioactive spider while on field trip, develops ability to climb on services (whether he naturally creates the webbing or invents it and puts it in web shooters varies), uses the extra strength to become wrestler until he lets a robber go who then kills his grandfather, he decides to become a superhero after that. Obviously you know that, so it is a little more complicated but they could sum it up in like 5 minutes tops.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
With great profit comes great responsibility...

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #809 on: July 23, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
I'm inclined to believe that if Sam Raimi can't make a good Spider-Man film, then no one can. :P

But he can, he made two of them.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: July 23, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »

Too many cooks in the kitchen for number 3 and most of them didn't even know how to cook

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 23, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
Peter Parker's uncle is killed, not his grandfather.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »

That debatable. Terrible casting and shoddy CGI ruined even the first one for me.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #813 on: July 23, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
Peter Parker's uncle is killed, not his grandfather.

Whoops, my bad. Not sure what I wrote grandfather, I know it's his uncle Ben.

Anyways, I can't comment on Spider-Man 3 but I thought Spider-Man 2 was mediocre at best.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2011, 02:16:45 AM »
i thought Spider-Man 2 was incredible, and Spider-man one and 3 were mediocre, although Spider-man one was much better than 3. I suspect it depends on your take of Spider-man. I was actually a big fan of the franchise growing up, unlike other comic book franchises, so i know it pretty well. On the other hand Im pretty aware as a screen writer movies as a medium have to be adapted a certain way otherwise it won't work. I think Raimi did a pretty good job of the series. It could have been 1000 times worse. People are over critical. It takes a lot of work to bring something like Spider-man to the screen and not make it look like a sloppy piece of ****.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the way this new Spider-man looks. It kinda reminds me of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkDYxEDvFE
Lizard was always a cool character, im also a fan of Cronenberg's The Fly
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2011, 04:02:26 AM »
I guess one of my biggest problems with the second movie was what they did with the Dr. Octopus character, I guess I am influenced by the fact that I grew up on the Fox Spider-Man cartoon rather than the comics.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #816 on: July 24, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »
Yeah I thought Spider-Man 2 was great. But I never read the comics or watched the cartoons.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
Half of that trailer was completely CGI. It looked like a video game.

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra HD trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T38e8XzsuU

So modern...so dope.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:10:24 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »
I guess one of my biggest problems with the second movie was what they did with the Dr. Octopus character, I guess I am influenced by the fact that I grew up on the Fox Spider-Man cartoon rather than the comics.

what was wrong with Dr. Octopus in Spider-man 2?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »
For one, he had no accent. To me, his voice from the Fox show is the voice of him (the same way Mark Hamil will always be THE voice of Joker and Kevin Conroy will always be Batman, any other voice for those two just sound wrong for some reason). I also think they should have adapted him more closely to how he had been on that show.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
Oh, well thats frickin ridiculous. Is this a cartoon? Is this the 1960s? No, it was a movie. Its not even established that Doc. Ock is German other than his name is Otto. In the comics he's from Schenectady, New York. The only instance that I know where Doc Ock has a German accent is the 90s Spiderman tv show. To be honest thats sort of a stupid cartoon thing to do, give everyone thick foreign accents just to help foster the long established Xenophobia. Thats the thing about adaptations, they are just that. The cartoon is in no way cannon. Hank Azaria voiced Eddie Brock in the Tv show, and he would have made a 100 times better Venom than Topher Grace, but wasn't going to happen.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-toyYvTLKlN0/TgjovwDyFtI/AAAAAAAAAvk/bdOdeqsROv8/s1600/img-mg---speedo---hank-azaria_172856251787.jpg

Hank Azaria also voice Apu and Moe on the Simpsons. Am i going to expect Sony to keep a character really cheesey? If they had had your way
Dr. Octopus would be played by Elton John....dubbed by the voice actor, and wear and orange and green plastic power rangers suit. Instead they made him a realistic character. Apparently Spider-man has the opposite problem as the Schumacher batman movies to the cartoon ratio

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #821 on: July 24, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Ice to meet you.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 24, 2011, 09:33:36 PM »
I hope this Spiderman bombs hard.  If this is successful we are never going to see an end to rebooted comic movies.  At least Batman had something like 20 years before they gave it a reboot.

Ice to meet you.
Icy what you did there.

Despite how early the Spiderman reboot is it cannot surpass the horror I felt when I saw a Smurfs movie poster in the theater the other day.  It looks like the most horrible thing this world has ever seen.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:40:42 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 25, 2011, 02:13:33 AM »
That is a pretty sweet poster. After seeing the teaser in the post-credits sequence in Captain America: The First Avenger, I find myself surprising excited for The Avengers.