Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210603 times)

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #750 on: May 01, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »
I saw a few promos for the new Winnie the Pooh that's coming out in July. Looks to be a very nice throwback to the old films. If that's the case, this one could be worth keeping an eye on.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:34 AM »
The Adventures of Tin Tin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiKjC_4BOo
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/theadventuresoftintin/

Director: Steven Spielberg
Producer: Peter Jackson

edit: I didn't realize it was all CG at first. It wasn't until the fight scene that the people didn't look real anymore.
and it's in 3D. I think it looks amazing, but I don't know anything about Tin Tin or his adventures.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:26:18 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:01 AM »
That looks unreal. I don't like the visual style, but it looks promising otherwise. If Captain Haddock doesn't swear up a proper storm and if they remove the casual racism found in that era, I am going to be disappointed. It's part of that era and it's a reminder of where we came from. Besides, some of that **** was funny.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »
Meh.

The visuals look good, but the people's movements are still a little inhuman event the guy's fingers holding the newspaper looked weird to me. The first shots of nonhuman items looked pretty real, but other than that; meh. Maybe I just need to see a long trailer, but it didn't really reach out to me.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »
Concept wise I think the movie looks interesting.  Now look why's its pretty obvious its CG but, from what I've seen in the trailer I don't know if I would want to see it in Live Action.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #755 on: May 17, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
I fucking love Tintin. I even have a framed poster of the cover of L'Etoile Mysterieuse over my bed at home. I'm pretty excited, to say the least.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2011, 06:33:32 AM »
New green lantern trailer. At first I was pretty skeptical of this movie, but every new trailer they bring out makes it look that much more awesome.  I will definitely be going to see this one:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167353-new-green-lantern-trailer

Also some Batman 3 news.  Looks like the viral marketing has started.  Also, a picture of Bane:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167341-activity-on-the-official-the-dark-knight-rises-site

And last but not least, a new transformers 3 trailer:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167347-the-new-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-3d-trailer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 21, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »
Green Lantern looks awesome except with how good everything is... I think the Green Lantern suits themselves look too small for the head they are put on.  Its a little weird.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »
I didn't think that the first Transformers "babe" was that hot, but this new one is even worse.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »

You no like? She does look a little weird sometimes, but that's typical of a model.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »
Green with Envy
Watch the trailer here: Trailer

*click image for spoiler*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:39:15 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
At first I was like "meh, corny movie", and then they showed up and I was like "I hope they take over the movie".

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
I would have closed the window before it had gotten to that part if I didn't already know what was coming.

I it would make for a good laugh as people might initially do the same as me and then see the surprise near the end.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »
Anything with muppets is instant WIN for me. Muppet Treasure Island is a stoner's classic.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318514/

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I hate the title, but I'm interested in the premise, seeing how the monkey came to create nuclear war and then take over in place of humans.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »
I don't recall there being any monkeys in the series...

"Rise of the" only looks marginally better than that terrible Tim Burton "Planet of the".

And c'mon, CGI?! No thanks, I'll take the superior makeup from the original film adaptation any day.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 03, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »
I don't recall there being any monkeys in the series...

"Rise of the" only looks marginally better than that terrible Tim Burton "Planet of the".

And c'mon, CGI?! No thanks, I'll take the superior makeup from the original film adaptation any day.
I thought Monkeys where part of the backstory but Apes won out.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 03, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
In the preview they're chimpanzees but I just said monkeys as a generalization.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »
I understand. I sometimes call humans monkeys as a generalization.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #769 on: June 05, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
Sometimes it's accurate.

How 'bout that Terra Nova show? Also could be called "Avatar 66MYA" because it's the same guy playing the general. I've only seen two dinosaurs in the trailers: Brachiosaurus and Carnotaurus. Now, the latter is my FAVORITE dinosaur of all time. However, I'm disappointed that they're just pulling dinosaurs from every continent and era. If you're going to land in a specific time, you're going to deal with a very specific faunal makeup, sorry.

The Late Jurassic Morrison formation (where Brachiosaurus lives) would've been great. Where Carnotaurus is from? Not so much. There aren't as many dinosaurs there.

And as my friend Matt Wedel said on his blog, he bets money that there will be "others" encroching on the human settlement, some unknown dino-like humanoid creature, or maybe Sleestacks. The thing that REALLY makes me cringe is that they're actually going to make some of their dinosaurs up: some kind of super-raptor called an "Acceleraptor." God, just use Deinonychus!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:16 PM »
im not going to get up on a fence about Ape CG, considering they pretty much perfected it on King Kong. Imagine if Planet of the Apes was Stop Motion.....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
I'd definitely prefer stop-motion over CGI. At least it's real and it's there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 05, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
It's the same difference to the actors as they are fighting against nothing for the initial take and then the animators make it all fit together in the end.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
CG is basically modern stop motion.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 05, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
Sometimes it's accurate.

How 'bout that Terra Nova show? Also could be called "Avatar 66MYA" because it's the same guy playing the general. I've only seen two dinosaurs in the trailers: Brachiosaurus and Carnotaurus. Now, the latter is my FAVORITE dinosaur of all time. However, I'm disappointed that they're just pulling dinosaurs from every continent and era. If you're going to land in a specific time, you're going to deal with a very specific faunal makeup, sorry.

The Late Jurassic Morrison formation (where Brachiosaurus lives) would've been great. Where Carnotaurus is from? Not so much. There aren't as many dinosaurs there.

And as my friend Matt Wedel said on his blog, he bets money that there will be "others" encroching on the human settlement, some unknown dino-like humanoid creature, or maybe Sleestacks. The thing that REALLY makes me cringe is that they're actually going to make some of their dinosaurs up: some kind of super-raptor called an "Acceleraptor." God, just use Deinonychus!

Why is making up new species that bad? Aren't there almost certainly tons of species from back then that we don't know about because we haven't found their remains?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent