Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210325 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #500 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
Clearly the only one that can fight Van Damme is Van Damme himself and Seagal has started to go Shatner.

The one biggest thing I would ask for is a competent editor who doesn't snort coke like a kid eating sugar while editing. That and Sly getting out of that wheelchair that is CG to cover up his lack of experience with real effects.

He tried to make an old school movie but forgot about making it old school or even tried outside casting old school actors.

I much rather see another Machete than another A-team movie. A-team is a retarded movie, but damn it you never go full retard!
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »
I haven't seen Machete yet, bit The A-Team was great. Way better than Expendables.
Expendables was a mess mostly in the editing department, but all over the movie.
The A-Team was a non-serious action movie done mostly right and I would've hoped for a sequel to that before Expendables.

But Expendables has a lot of potential to be something better than it was, so I hope that they learn from all the mistakes made with the first and use that to improve the second.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
i still haven't seen the Expendables, and I was the one who posted the links to it when it was announced. IT sounded great...but then they started showing pictures.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
There is some debate about whether the pic is real or not, but The Hollywood Reporter says it is. A pic of the cast in X-Men: First Class has surfaced:

From left to right: Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Emma Frost,  Azazel,  Hank McCoy/Beast, Alex Summers/Havok, Angel Salvadore, Raven Darkholme/Mystique, Professor Charles Xavier.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »
Looks baaaad

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
The Dark Knight Returns news:

Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
Tom Hardy as Bane

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/19/batman-hathaway-catwoman-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises/
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
The Dark Knight Returns news:

Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
Tom Hardy as Bane

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/19/batman-hathaway-catwoman-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises/

Hathaway might make a sexy Catwoman, but she has a HUGE mouth (like Julia Roberts) and it can be quite off-putting at times.

and according to IMDB, Tom Hardu is only 5'9", isn't that a little short to play a BIG character like Bane?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
Catwoman will be taller than Bane.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #508 on: January 19, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
I agree about Hathaway's mouth, but I think she's a fine actress and seems to fit the character.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 19, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
Going back to Expandables 2, my problem with the first film is that it is everything I HATE about modern action movies.  Just a bunch of shitty looking CG and shaky cam **** where you can't tell what is going on.

GOOD action movies SHOW you what the hell is going on.  That's because good action movies have good fight choreography and impressive stunts.  They WANT you to see it because it is impressive.  CG is not impressive.  You get no rush from seeing CG things explode.  The rush is from the real object exploding.  You want to see cars get wrecked and sets get blown up.  The fact that that really happened is what blows you away.  And shaky cam is just to hide the fact that nothing exciting is actually happening.  You think Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan would have been as successful if the camera was shaking all over the place during their fight scenes?  The whole point is they have all this cool **** that you want the best view of.

My brother and I love action films and we have identified what we consider the five crucial elements that make up a good action movie.

1. fights - it can have swords or knives, basically hand-to-hand combat.
2. shooting - ie: gun fights, anything involving projectile weapons and long-range combat
3. stunts - guys jumping from building to building, bailing from moving vehicles, etc.
4. chases - car chase is most famous, could be on foot though or with any vehicle
5. destruction - explosions, car wrecks, stuff gets destroyed

A great action film should ideally have all five elements.  Any sort of impressive action movie set piece contains at least one of these core elements.  If you kept the same Expendables script and just filmed it differently it would have been fine.

Regarding Batman.  The reason to cast Anne Hathaway is because she is a big star.  She's pretty and she can act fine but the reason they are casting her is star power.  That is a big problem with blockbuster films.  They think about the star-\ power first and the question of whether the person looks or fits the part is secondary.  But then when I heard they were casting Heath Ledger as the Joker I thought that was retarded.  I figured they cast him entirely because at the time he was hot and had star power.  In the end it became an legendary performance that will forever be his most famous role.  So you never know.  Though hopefully Hathaway's Batman experience ends up better for her then it did for Ledger.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »
Ian, have you seen The A-Team?

just don't watch the preview before the title screen because it's a preview for the Theater release of The A-Team 6 or so months ago.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #511 on: January 19, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
Regarding Batman.  The reason to cast Anne Hathaway is because she is a big star.  She's pretty and she can act fine but the reason they are casting her is star power.  That is a big problem with blockbuster films.  They think about the star-\ power first and the question of whether the person looks or fits the part is secondary.  But then when I heard they were casting Heath Ledger as the Joker I thought that was retarded.  I figured they cast him entirely because at the time he was hot and had star power.  In the end it became an legendary performance that will forever be his most famous role.  So you never know.  Though hopefully Hathaway's Batman experience ends up better for her then it did for Ledger.

If it was all about star power someone far more famous would have been cast as Bane as well. Casting isn't a problem for Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight is solid evidence of that. The truth is, Hathaway is an excellent actress (see: Rachel Getting Married), regardless of how famous she is.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
Talking about star power, I've got a new movie everyone should keep an eye out for ;)

It's called Rubber, and everyone is familiar with the main star

*click pic for trailer

Quote from: Summary

Quentin Dupieux directs this inventive twist on low-rent revenge flicks, which follows a car tire named Robert that rolls through the desert Southwest using its strange psychic powers to blow up birds, bunnies, human beings and more. But when Robert spies a gorgeous woman motoring down the highway, he decides to follow her and take a chance on love. This gleefully over-the-top black comedy stars Cecelia Antoinette and Thomas F. Duffy.
cliff notes - a tire that has the psychic ability to explode living things

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
It's good that Anne Hathaway is getting all these roles now. In a few more years she's going to have to take her clothes off to get any decent roles... Wait a minute...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »
Anne Hathaway is hot, especially naked. That's all I'll say.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
There is some debate about whether the pic is real or not, but The Hollywood Reporter says it is. A pic of the cast in X-Men: First Class has surfaced:

From left to right: Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Emma Frost,  Azazel,  Hank McCoy/Beast, Alex Summers/Havok, Angel Salvadore, Raven Darkholme/Mystique, Professor Charles Xavier.

This looks like a made for tv mini series on the SyFy channel.

need better, larger photos and some actual footage to bring my interest level back to mildly interested.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »
Keanu speaks on movies: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

Bill & Ted 3

Matrix 4 & 5 (in 3D)

Wachowski's sold the script to Hood (a modern day Robin Hood) to WB for $5mill.
Will Smith is to star in this picture.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:39 AM »
Wow, unless 'Hood' is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's going to be the movie the critics try to use to derail Will Smith's career. Mark my words. He's been doing too good, now his kids are doing good, and his marriage is successful, they need something to bring him down with and this could be it. They tried a little with Hancock, but that was a good movie that was advertised poorly (in that the movie was completely different than what they advertised, like Observe and Report, and even Kick-Ass to a certain degree) and people still liked it. Maybe I'm just feeling paranoid for some strange reason...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:42 AM »
The Man® has been looking for a way to bring Will Smith back down to EarfTM ever since his career has rocketed out of their controlled plan. It's no secret that The Man® is out to make an example of Will Smith as soon as the opportunity presents itself. That is why he has to choose his projects with extreme caution.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
I would watch Bill and Ted 3.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
Keanu speaks on movies: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

Bill & Ted 3

Matrix 4 & 5 (in 3D)

Wachowski's sold the script to Hood (a modern day Robin Hood) to WB for $5mill.
Will Smith is to star in this picture.

I've yet to see Will Smith in anything that wasn't terrible.

I would totally watch Bill & Ted 3. Somehow though, I don't logically have much hope for it being as good as the previous two entries in the series.

The Matrix 4 and 5?! Seriously? The only way that could possibly be of interest were if they actually made them as The Matrix 2 & 3 and completely retconned the already botched sequels they made. Oh, and didn't make it in 3D.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #521 on: January 24, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »
I've yet to see Will Smith in anything that wasn't terrible.

I really disagree with your taste in movies. Off the top of my head, I love these Will Smith movies: Men in Black, Men in Black II, Hancock, Ali, Hitch.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »
I loved MiB when it came out, and I also liked I Am Legend (sue me). But he'll never top Fresh Prince.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #523 on: January 24, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
I haven't seen I Am Legend, I need to put that in my Netflix que.

But yeah, he will always be the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to me too.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »
I haven't seen Hancock but the presences of Jason Bateman and Charlize Theron really make me want to (for different reasons.)