Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1209568 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »
I don't understand why the villains portrayal matters to the movie? Wasn't he the 'classic' Deadpool until they started altering him, or am I remebering that wrong? (Honest question)

And (another honest question) do you know for certain that it was a Fox exec and not an overzealous writer who wanted to bring his own personal touch to the X-Men universe who decided on Deadpool's portrayal?

Also, usually when an actor isn't pleased with how a movie turned out it's because 1. The movie didn't go over well, and the actor wants to distance himself from it so the Hollywood elites won't associate them with bad movies or 2. Because it wasn't edited to their liking, meaning the scenes and/or cuts of those scenes that the director chose weren't to the actors taste, but again that criticism is usually reserved for movies that did not go over with audiences. If you know for certain that their objections were because of executive pressure, then I stand to be corrected.

When Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds got their scripts, they should have known exactly what the producers and writers wanted to do with each character. Scripts are more than just lines; they are detailed worded descriptions of the character. Everything from what the character says, where they are facing, and where they are moving.

It might not have been so easy for RR, but HJ threatening to walk off because of drastic changes to the script would have to make any exec think twice. So either the artists submitted themselves to the changes, or knew well in advance.

As for the actors signing contracts that allow them a more creative say in the movie, I don't know if it went through, but a girl I went to high school with and is now trying to become an actress, told me a while back, that the Actor's union (is it called the Actor's Guild, or is that just the awards show?) was pushing all studios to give such rights to actors.

Either way, the final product is the art. Once you start asking how it was made, you start to lose objectivity. Not saying not to question.

Edit: For clarity
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:20:52 PM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »
I don't have links and I don't have time to look for them right now, as the stories are old now, but they weren't pleased because it was a last minute script change after filming had started or something like that. Niether of them were happy with the changes made but obviously not enough to walk (RR still wanted to do the Deadpool movie). And in this case the villian mattered because Wolverine Origins was also a Deadpool origin aimed to launch the next spin-off movie.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
Wolverine's origin was Deadpool's death in this iteration, which again, unless I'm remembering wrong he started off 'normal' in the movie, and only as he neared his death did he change into things he wasn't; the things forced upon, just like another popular Marvel character who wasn't born with an animantium skeleton. Personally, that's why I liked Deadpool, he was kind of a, 'this could've happened to you Wolverine' worst case scenario potrayal, and I was o.k with that.

And the script changes; they submitted to them. If they really had a problem they would have walked away it happens often enough, and if the star is big enough, the whole movie goes in the trash which is why such conflicts tried to get resolved quickly.

Also, I saw the trailer for Faster, it looks like a lot like Death Proof, but with a 'good guy' bent on revenge driving the muscle car and one bad guy driving a ferrari.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2010, 01:00:30 AM »
forget about deadpool, Green Lantern is going to be huge and Ryan Reynolds should just focus on that, with which they could just reboot deadpool in not sucky form.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2010, 01:24:49 AM »
I'm not an expert on Deadpool or anything, but as far as I know he was a "normal" person who was given a mutant healing factor from Wolverine, but never got any other enhancements. This movie was his origin. They screwed it up by giving him adamantium katanas that retract into his arm and Cyclops's Eye Beams. And Deadpools signature wisecrakin was taken away when they sowed up his mouth. (I'm feeling like a broken record here re-explaining the same thing over and over again.)

as far as walking off the set... not if you want to get paid. RR wasn't really established as "Deadpool" so he doesn't have the fanbase to make such demand for that role like HJ would for Wolverine. Also there are such things as contracts, so I doubt one can just walk away once past a certain point of pre-production without some sort of penalty. But like I said before, they weren't happy with the changes, but RR still really wanted to do the Deadpool movie (and after reading a piece of the script, the movie could be the best comicbook movie yet) and walking out on Fox would pretty much make sure that didn't happen.... if the movie ever gets the green light(the script so far was Hitgirl & Bid Daddy in their spectacular action scenes from KickAss meets the wise crackin Van Wilder).

*I should also add that W:Origins wasn't really a full Origins for DP, but more of an Introduction that touches on his origin story to set you up for the spin off.

forget about deadpool, Green Lantern is going to be huge and Ryan Reynolds should just focus on that, with which they could just reboot deadpool in not sucky form.

This Deadpool script sort of dismisses the aborted version of himself from Origins with a reference to himself in that movie. Seriously, from what I've read of this script so far has me hyped for this version of the movie to become a reality. I have no doubts that RR will do a good GL, but I'm not too familiar with the character and not super hyped for the movie even though I will watch it with much enthusiasm.

edit:*
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:47:29 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 01, 2010, 04:28:17 AM »
yeah, I wasn't too enthuesed about Green Lantern because its green lantern, but Green LAntern could be ridiculously epic. Kinda how Iron man was 2nd tier popular till the movie came out. I can imagine that what happened with Iron Man could happen to Green Lantern several fold.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »
BnM, we've nearly exhausted this argument, but this was Wolverine Origins; screw Deadpool. The only thing Deadpool, Colossus, Sabertooth, Gambit, and the others matter to Wolverine's movie, is were they relevant to his story, did they add anything? Not were they faithful representations of this perceived perfect timeline/scenario.

ALL of those character I listed and others, are for whom this movie was to be a test run for their own Origins movie, because they felt the X-Men series was over.

Personally, I think it's a clever executive ploy to make the next one about the character everyone got upset about; it provides that much more incentive for people to see it, and since he was a 'bad guy' in WO that offers even more intrigue for others. Either way, these movies are all instant cash cows; despite the Deadpool hate WO brought in a ton of money. I think the first Hulk movie has been the only superhero movie to not make a profit.

The thing about Green Lantern is that I think they're either going underuse or overuse the ring. Iron Man was good/better than expected because they made it at the right time technology wise, had a great actor, and a storyline relevant to our times. I'm hoping Green Lantern will be good, but for now I am rather skeptical.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Once again not a movie, but Black Dynamite the Animated Series on Adult Swim
http://www.northhollyhood.com/2010/09/29/check-out-these-stills-from-the-black-dynamite-cartoon-on-adult-swim/

Why has no one informed me of this!? Yo Stogi!! it has the producer from The Boondocks too!
The Black Dynamite Animated Series further chronicles the exploits of Black Dynamite and his crew. Executive produced by Carl Jones (The Boondocks, Freaknik: The Musical), the series features the voice talents of Michael Jai White, Tommy Davidson, Kym Whitley, Byron Minns, Clifton Powell and JB Smoove.
and Bullhorn is back!

p.s. I still need to watch the 3rd season of The Boondocks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 06, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
Oh ****!!! more good Black Dynamite news.... and this time it is New Movie Related.

Michael Jai White Starts Work on the Sequel to 'Black Dynamite'
The Mirror (via Film School Rejects) spoke to actor/writer Michael Jai White who revealed that he's working on a sequel to the blaxploitation action parody Black Dynamite. White said, "I've had the idea for Black Dynamite 2 for quite a while now, and it's gonna start where Black Dynamite left off . There's lots of things we didn't get a chance to do in the first one." After pimp-slapping the First Lady, what else is there?

White wasn't exactly forthcoming with details, but did say: "You know how Black Dynamite just grows in ridiculousness? Well, this will be a fitting sequel."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
holy crap, they read my mind. I was at best buy yesterday and Black Dynamite was right next to the Batman cartoon movies that just came out and I was like thinking "hey they should make a black dynamite comic, or maybe cartoon, that would be cool"

fucking next day I hear about it.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
A cartoon, and a movie? Oh hell yeah!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
A cartoon, and a movie? Oh hell yeah!
and a comic book

did I forget to mention that? :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
holy ****! its like a 1970s comic!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:42:13 AM by ThePerm »

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Just read on CNN that the next Wolverine won't be a sequel to Origins but a stand-alone movie that has Wolverine going to Japan where he falls for a woman who is already betrothed and then he fights her brothers and father to win her hand.

It's mentioned in CNN's comments section that the storyline is lifted from a miniseries done by Frank Miller in the '80s.

Hugh Jackman says to expect a dark drama, because this is Wolverine, not Popeye...

The movie is being directed by Darren Aronofsky who also directed Requiem for a Dream, and The Wrestler. He was also supposed to do a new Robocop movie but refused to do it in 3D like the studio (I think Miramax) was pushing him to do.

This director, and the fact that the storyline is a Frank Miller creation gives me a lot of hope for this movie, I just hope they don't decide to give Silver Samurai red swords, or Lady Deathstrike (Mariko) a scar on her face, otherwise the whole movie will suck because a secondary character isn't portrayed in a manner pleasing to fans ;) .

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 15, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
I suppose that it won't be in continunity with the other X-men movies...either.  Wasn't Lady Deathstrike already in X-men 2, or am I misremembering?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 15, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
The movie is being directed by Darren Aronofsky

Now I'm interested. I absolutely hated Origins, but if Aronofsky is on board, then so am I. Pi is a personal favorite of mine, and The Fountain is easily among the best films ever made. I have faith in Aronofsky.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:00:00 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 15, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »
I suppose that it won't be in continunity with the other X-men movies...either.  Wasn't Lady Deathstrike already in X-men 2, or am I misremembering?

Hasn't stopped them in the past.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
Aronofsky directed RfaD and The Fountain?

I am definitely interested.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »
Looks great

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »
I hope they improve the effects.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:51:06 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
That looked horrible. If it came out in the 80s and looked like that, it would be acceptable, but that was a horrible trailer if you ask me.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:07 AM »
You guys are complaining about the effects when the video is low-grade and choppy? How can you even tell they suck?

here's the 1080p version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEcYg3lNR4&feature=player_embedded

I'm gonna watch it and form an opinion. I think you should do the same.

Ehh...not especially great, but not bad either.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:06:55 AM by The Unagi »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2010, 01:18:30 AM »
Even 1080p, the mask looks painted on in Photoshop.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2010, 03:08:11 AM »
i'm sure the movie will look better than the trailer, i dont think it looks bad really, maybe cartooney. It might be much much better when your watching the scenes with context.

Also note the mask looks different in different clips. The different fx firms handling the special effects are probably not all using the same color green. Another note..the color green is a problematic color. Computer monitors cannot display certain types of green, it might look different on film. Though i'd imagine as an fx artist it would be difficult to adjust between the mediums. They should throw a flair of cyan in.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:14:37 AM by ThePerm »