Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1213104 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2010, 12:59:20 AM »
hehe,

my favorite Spider-Man movie is part 2, actually about 20 minutes before TJ's  5:11 post I had actually got done watching it for like the 5th time. The Dark Knight was on again on tv, but I was like you know what, i feel like watching Spider-Man 2.

As far as characters go, i think its the best character exploration of the series. I can relate to Peter Parker a lot, he's intelligent, but that doesn't mean everything goes well for him. His social skills are a wreck and this keeps him from opportunity. I can relate to how Peter feels when he hangs out with Harry, I get a similar feeling when I hang out with my friend Rick, because I banged his sister. Alfred Molina is great as Doctor Octopus. I have to be honest, I was always a Venom fan, and in any other incarnation I had never really cared much for Doc Ock as a character. However, this one brings him to life. He is a tragic, and lost person with nothing to live for, he just sort of wanders around in a fugue state attempting to maintain his dead dreams. Mary Jane is looking for a hero in her personal life, she knows she can't be with Spider-Man so she goes for the astronaut. She is suspicious of Peter's activity, and in the back of her mind she thinks Peter could be Spider-Man, but it is a hard thing to swallow, because Peter is a fucking doofus, he's Spider-man..seriously? Peter also deals with the duality of his personality, on one hand he's the man as Spider-Man, but his life sucks otherwise. Aunt May's house is being foreclosed and it's too bad she doesn't put a gypsy curse on the bank manager for not giving her a loan. There is a great  Evil Dead scene in the movie. It helps to be familiar with both Darkman and the Evil Dead series for this movies, because otherwise you might miss some magical bits. A lot of people hate Maguire as Peter/Spiderman, but I think he's perfect. He fits the awkward nerdy side of Peter, and at the same time pulls out some of the stronger bits. Another thing people hate is that the mask gets taken off a few times, I really don't mind this. Your aware who Spider-Man is, sure some people may see who he looks like, but know one who actually knows Peter besides Mary Jane sees his face, so good luck on the police sketches that their not telling anyone about anyways.  Doc Ock dies too, so he's no consequence. Although, in real life a train camera would catch his face, although in real life there are no above ground trains in New York. I could go on forever, there is so much depth.

Spiderman 3, is my least favorite of the movies, and many blame Raimi, but apparently Raimi just wanted to make it about Sandman, which were some of the best bits of the movie, apparently Sony forced venom in due to his popularity. Too much **** happened at once and it hurt the movie. The movie was nowhere near as bad as Batman and Robin or Batman Forever though. The series could have been salvaged, although in the long run they would have to reboot Venom because they screwed him up so badly. If I were to do a new one, Lizard would definitely be the next villain, I'd rather do several movies with one villain than one movie with several villains.

ah Venom, if only you were set up with a two movie arch you could have been better

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2010, 01:21:04 AM »
It wouldn't really matter where they started in the existing time-line since there is still too much history connected to the current time-line for anyone not already invested to bother trying. It's got nerd, geek, trekkie and all other sorts of unattractive labels attached and it needed a new start for a new audience and even included nods to the old audience.

I think it was the best they could do to bring in the new without throwing out the old.
Something for everyone.

Spiderman 3 had Venom because Sony forced it on him, but it was originally supposed to be Sandman & The Vulture(Ben Kingsley I think).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2010, 01:31:33 AM »
I had heard Raimi wanted Vulture for the next movie, but it would make more sense to have Vulture and Sandman together than Sandman and Venom. Neither enemy are really enemies that I care much for, but as a double threat they would be that much more interesting. As I said I didn't care much for Doc Ock besides in Spider-Man 2. If the A plotline was replaced with Vultures it could have been really good. I could see how the movie could have meshed together, and it would be visually pleasing too. From what I heard John Malkovich was a pic too, and because he not only looks the part, but is a screen captivator it would balance out any inconsistencies. Actually, the structure sounds similar to Iron Man 2, whereas vulture is Hammer, and Sandman is Vanko. One of these days computer effects will be so good they will be able to seriously cut budgets, and we'll see more movies more often than every 2 years, and plotlines will be much more maliable, without a reduction in quality.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2010, 01:45:07 AM »
I am actually looking forward to Resident Evil: Afterlife. Yes, I know that Paul Anderson has screwed the series up in movie form, but the chance to see Mila Jovovich partially naked is just too appealing for me to miss out on ;) . This iteration of the franchis is in 3-D and it is going to borrow from Resident Evil 4 and 5. In fact, in the trailer there is a zombie with a tentacle protruding from its mouth like the ones from RE 5.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2010, 01:54:07 AM »
I didn't even know there was a new RE movie in the works.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »

This movie is going to be so bad ass. ;)

The movie due out September 10th, 2010.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2010, 02:14:41 AM »
despite the RE movies having very little to do with the continuity of the video games I tend to enjoy them a lot. If you want a recreation of the games plot-line you're out of luck, if you want B movie entertainment these movies are for you!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Supposed trailer for a new Mortal Kombat movie

It looks so deliciously horrible!  I love how they try to rationalize the story.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »
I'm sold.

Where do I sign?

& Black Dynamite is Jax too!
sounds good.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
I am also looking forward to the remakes of Robocop and Red Dawn.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
I am worried they will screw up RoboCop the way they did The Karate Kid. I just re-watched the original a few weeks ago and it still holds up just fine, the only thing the re-make could possibly offer is a better looking ED-209.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2010, 04:51:20 PM »
What do you mean they screwed up the remake of The Karate Kid?
Have you seen it? Is it out yet?

I heard it has Oscar worthy performances in it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »
Based on the trailers and everything i've read about it (including people who've seen previews). It has nothing to do with the original really. If they wanted to call it something else, fine. Don't call it The Karate Kid and then have it have little in common with the original.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
But it's not really a remake, but a new story for a new generation.
An unconnected sequel using the same name for familiarity.
I see nothing wrong with that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »
this new Mortal Kombat is kinda cool, it seems fake though, but these actors are recognizable, where is Caterkiller? :P Despite all shortcomings it sounds interesting.

For a while they had been considering calling the new Karate Kid "Kung Fu Kid", but name brand recognition sells seats better. Think of how Goldeneye sold like 9 million copies and Perfect Dark barely sold 250,000. The Karate Kid story isn't even original, iv seen about 10 kung fu movies with the same plot, and Rocky by the same director also has a similar plot. Its a training montage movie!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:57 PM »

That is my point. It has nothing to do with the past movies, it is just using the names get try and sucker people into seeing the movie thinking they will be getting a Karate Kid movie. If they called it something else (like "The Kung Fu Kid", which would be more truthful since it is kung fu being taught instead of karate), fewer people would go to see it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »

That is my point. It has nothing to do with the past movies, it is just using the names get try and sucker people into seeing the movie thinking they will be getting a Karate Kid movie. If they called it something else (like "The Kung Fu Kid", which would be more truthful since it is kung fu being taught instead of karate), fewer people would go to see it.

ok, so what's your point again?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:33 PM »
I have made my point twice already. The new movie has nothing to do with Karate Kid franchise, they are merely using the name to trick stupid people into buying tickets.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »
Our point is, from a marketing stand point its a great idea. Also, I don't think its even a company treating people like they are stupid either, because it has the same plot line. Boy meets old man, old man teaches kid how to fight, kid benefits. It IS Karate Kid. The title is really, really unimportant from my standpoint.

Case and point I watched this movie called Detour in 2003, it is essentially an unofficial remake of The Hills Have Eyes from 1977. In 2006 the remake for The Hills Have Eyes comes out. All 3 movies are essentially the same thing, but it doesn't matter what they are called, we know what we're getting into....its a modern version of Hansel and Gretel. There is no originality, why should we even pretend anymore? 

Also, Detour is an obscure movie, while the remake did pretty well. It is better to be an official movie in a brand than an unofficial knockoff. The Kung Fu Kid sounds like a knockoff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:48:31 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »
MORTAL KOMBAT!!! *insert music*

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2010, 04:42:28 AM »
There's a Robo Cop remake in the works? What isn't getting remade now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 08, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
The old cartoon was good when was a kid, it aged like milk left sitting in the sun though.

I don't agree with this. I checked it out with Netflix a few months ago (I loved it as a kid) and the majority of the episodes were still enjoyable, and even better than most cartoons currently airing on TV.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2010, 03:57:40 AM »
http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1104280p1.html

if he's not in high school than [✓] Check
if there is no Spidey origin story [ ] still needs a ✓
if sony gives the ok for a future avengers movie [ ]  still needs a ✓

if 2 of these conditions are met than we will be alright.