Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210635 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
Old hat, but it's a very funny story.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »
"Kick-Ass"
Studio:
Director: Matthew Vaughan
Starring: Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Nicolas Cage and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Release:
The story centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons.

2 New Posters & A Red-band Trailer

^click posters to go to trailer

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
The last trailer I saw for kick ass, well, kicked ass. I'm hoping its good.

Not sure if anythings been posted about spiderman 4 in this thread yet but.. I learned today that its one less movie to keep an eye out for. Its been cancelled, and sony pictures is looking to reboot the series and focus on Peters highschool days. Lame?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
I read all about the Spiderm4n situation, and if you heard what Sony was trying to force into the movie, you would be happy that Raimi quit. Sony was trying to even worse than they did with Spid3rman when they forced Raimi to shoe horn Venom into the movie. In this version, they weren't gonna let Raimi do as he wanted (even though there was an article about letting him have the creative freedom he wanted) as far as villains and something about a baby. Peter Having a baby? I'm not sure, but the movie was definitely headed in the wrong direction.
Raimi saves his reputation by walking away, and McGuire gets a lucky break(said doing spiderman was killing his back) in being fired from the move.

Why this might be a good thing though is that supposedly Marvel has a little more involvement this time around with the new movie. Some are thinking that Sony might try to get Spiderman an Avengers appearance even though the 2 movies should be releasing around the same time frame. Others are thinking that Sony is trying to capture that whole Twilight and Disney Teen crowd since the script is rumored to be pretty "gritty".

I say if they can draw from some of the best sources of Spiderman in HS, make sure that who ever plays if is witty and very sarcastic yet fits the Spiderman physique and Peter Parker look, and the guy who played J. Jonah Jameson on board, then it could be a good thing to re-boot it.
McGuire wasn't the perfect Spiderman and Mary Jane was hard to look at period. Not to mention SM3 was pretty bad, but Sony was pretty smart to have planned for this and not let the property revert back to Marvel.

Sony only has Spiderman for 3 more movies, but Disney/Marvel need to figure out how to get Xmen back from Fox asap.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »
there is no need to remake the spiderman movies...the first 2 are made of WIN
and spiderman 2 is like the cream of the crop as far as super hero movies..its on equal footing with the Dark Knight
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »
They aren't remaking the Spiderman movies, they are rebooting them.

New Actors, Different Spiderman, New Direction.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
Thank God.

Spider Man 3 almost made me pull a "SouthPark" and confront the bastard director for my money back....but I watched it for free.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
It wasn't the directors fault.
Blame Sony Studio Execs for changing the script at the last minute and forcing Venom into the story that wasn't designed with him in mind.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
They should at least reboot it like they did with the Incredible Hulk, so we don't have to go through and see how he becomes Spider-Man again. The first movie was almost spot-on with the comic books (at least through the early 90s), they should basically be starting with "Spider-Man 2" - which is also essentially what New Line did with Friday the 13th.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2010, 01:21:11 AM »
Am I the only non-comicbooker that liked 3?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2010, 01:35:46 AM »
only non-comic bookers liked 3 from what I've seen, but most people still disliked it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
Raimi has made up for it with Drag Me to Hell,

but its remaking the series if he goes to high school, if they want to reboot the series with different actors and a different director than they had better not go backwards in the time line. Its a waste of money and too regressive. There is a good spiderman origin movie its called Spiderman and its directed by Sam Raimi. They shouldn't backtrack. Rebooting Incredible Hulk was a great idea, but the reboot could easily take place after the first one. Rebooting Batman was way different because the series was gone for a long while and after the previous incarnations it really really needed it.

The best way to do it now is to start where the story left off. Spiderman and Mary jane are together now, and maybe close to being married, but obviously his crime fighting gets in the way. There could be a love triangle with Black Cat, but that would ultimately be a side story. The next opponent that would fit would be either Morbius, Vulture, Lizard, or maybe Kraven. If Raimi was still directing, Kraven would be awesome if played by Bruce Campbell...i think even tubby he could still pull it off.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:04:12 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:45 AM »
His next project is World of Warcraft then he should hopefully be onto Evil Dead 4

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2010, 12:04:08 AM »
lol no Evil Dead re-make. How about Evil Dead...Ash is an old man living alone in a Cabin..idk lol

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/874418/last_airbender/videos/tla_1_020510.html

Holy ****! I didn't realize this aired during the superbowl, but I'm glad I caught it. It looks AMAZING! Avatar (the last airbender), tell me you agree!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »
Looks good. still looking forward to it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2010, 04:41:08 AM »
This movie looks funny.

The Losers
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »
I want to watch The Losers... a black Macgyver hahahahahahahahaha.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
This movie looks funny.

The Losers
added to my netflix.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
Yeah that movie looks pretty good. That one black chick is banging as ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2010, 02:42:06 PM »
looks like she might have a nude scene too :drool:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2010, 02:55:07 AM »
More Avatar: Theater Trailer in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcjVRBTm6Po

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2010, 03:22:16 AM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:12:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2010, 04:13:59 AM »

Moving onto the radar: The MAN OF STEEL

1.Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary, got tired of all the discussion and decided chingate, let's do it.  So he went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation.  Modern.  Believable.  FUN!  So Tull got Goyer hired.
2.The film will not be called Superman and will be called THE MAN OF STEEL.
3.Brandon Routh will not star in the film.
4.Nic Cage will NOT star in the fllm.
5.Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.
Conoces como Mark Millar walks around acting like he was going to write it?  El Taco discovered that this was always BULLSHIT.  Paul Levitz hated the guy and he was never even discussed to write it.  He made all that "almost" stuff up.

I can tell you that Goyer's story involves Luthor and Brainiac.  It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry.  I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet.  And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology.

I don't really like Superman, but I like Smallville. Goyer not only co-wrote Smallville but also helped write Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, so I have some hope for this Superman movie. Im just so glad that it doesn't continue off the last one and isn't another origin story. Smallville has been a 9+year origin story and if people don't know where Superman started..... then this movie isn't for them.

edit:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1071879p1.html
XCLUSIVE UPDATE: IGN has heard from reliable sources that Tull is downplaying this report. Goyer is in fact on the project, but not only that -- his The Dark Knight co-writer Jonah Nolan will also be scripting Superman: The Man of Steel along with him. Nolan's brother Christopher is expected to only executive-produce, and not direct, the film. That said, he will be "hands-on" as a producer. Since the Superman film is under the gun because of the ongoing legal entanglements involving the property, Warner Bros. wants the pair to get started on their script on the double.

Our sources add that Warners is confident in the early work that Goyer and Jonah Nolan have done so far on Batman 3, and that as a result Superman has now taken on a higher priority status at the studio than it had since Superman Returns was released.