Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (Read 11082 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
So I saw this last night. It was really funny (unintentionally of course). The copy I watched was PRE-post-production.

What I mean is, there were plenty of scenes that blatantly showed wire cables and also the CGI wasn't finish. For instance, a plane would fly over a vast field of polygons. I could also tell when there was a green screen because the character looked brighter than usual. Also, there were parts that had numbers on the bottom and there were place holder sound bytes.

Honestly, it was the coolest **** ever. Why? Well I felt like a Hollywood insider when I watched it. I've never seen a major movie in all it's unpolished glory. It was a new experience seeing what the directors themselves saw before computers take over.

Now there were problems. CG is probably the coolest parts of action movies now a days and Origins is no different. Scotts laser beam looked atrocious at some points, as well as any destruction it would cause. Also seeing someone getting thrown into a truck then seeing a gray CGI model flop over the top and off the back ruins the immersiveness (but adds to the hilarity). Also there is one part where a man is shooting everyone and tosses his guns in the air and reloads them when he catches them. ALL FAKE! hehe

All in all, the movie is quite average. The action scenes are decent (even without the wires and CG), though the last fight is awesome! The story is mundane. It revolves around betrayal but never gets you emotionally involved. I must say that the actor that played SaberTooth though is the fucking man. Hugh Jackman also gives his best performance as Wolverine. Everyone else (except Van Wilder) sucked ass. They were horrible at acting. This includes Gambit (my 2nd favorite character out of the series). He was played by some gay dude. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but the dude was gay. Just watch him run! Now sure a gay dude can play Gambit....in theory. But Gambit was the pimp of the X-Men. He schemed on girls even while in danger! Ughh, I don't know, that kinda pissed me off. At least the card effect was cool, though they took his bow over the top by giving it some strange power. I was like "Why did they make Gambit a pansy?"

Anyway, I recommend the movie to fans ONLY. There is not enough in there to satisfy others who don't know **** about X-Men (and even those that do). It's not Iron Man. It's not funny. It's just a movie about betrayal against the one man you do not want to betray.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »
I had to look up who was playing Gambit cuz i had no idea who the hell he was, and i still don't. All i know is he's some sort of Australian underwear model and that's not good enough to play Gambit dammit! Someone tried to bullshit me after X3 came out that there were teaser trailers showing Gambit played by like Clive Owen, and even though he wouldn't really fit the part in my eyes (too old) i woulda rather seen that then the dude who plays him.. and this was before reading your impressions!

I found out on wikipedia that Will.i.am is in this movie too, is he any good? I don't like musicians turned actors having their first roles in a movie I'm looking forward to seeing. I'm always wary that they might ruin it for me cuz they're just not good enough. When i watch these movies i don't see Hugh jackman as wolverine, i see freaking wolverine. I don't think i could do that with will.i.am, it'd be more like "oh ****, will.i.am can teleport like nightcrawler"

Oh and also according to wiki, Ryan Reynolds was interested in the role when he heard that deadpool (the character he portrays) referenced him (Ryan Reynolds) in a recent comic, likening himself to the actor lol A bit narcissistic dint ya think?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »
From what I understand, Deadpool's most distinguishing feature is that he knows he's a comic book character.  He can actually see the yellow narration boxes, for example.  How did they handle that in the movie?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »
I saw this too and I enjoyed it for what it was: a run-of-the-mill X-Men movie. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't amazed.

Supposedly the leaked film is actually not the final product as there were some reshoots that added more Deadpool or something (I'm not 100% positive that is what the reshoots were), which is extremely welcome because Ryan Reynolds nailed the part for the brief time he was even in the movie.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
I love Ryan Reynolds(style of humor) & from what I know of Deadpool(a few comic clips & the Hulk Vs movie) Ryan was meant to play Deadpool just as much as Patrick Stewart was meant to play Xavier.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »
I see. More Van Wilder is welcome! In the movie he had literally 3 lines and one main scene.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
Rumor has it that depending on how this movie does, Deadpool gets his own movie. They've been wanting to make it for a very long time, but wanted to get more mainstream exposure for the character first. Xmen Origins was supposed to be the introduction & Ryan Reynolds has agreed to play the part ever since years ago.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
I'm seeing this movie for Ryan Reynolds!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »
Just a warning, Ryan Reynolds has the smallest part of anyone in the movie. Nron, I hope your right about them adding more scenes.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
Hasn't anyone else downloaded it?

Isn't it hilarious?!?!

I watched a few parts of it again cuz I couldn't stop laughing.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »
My bandwidth's for pr0n and webmastering, not mainstream hollywood stuff.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
Ryan Reynolds is double dipping...two super hero movies?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »
Every Marvel superhero hero movie has to have appearances by characters who will later have their own movies.

This is business.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
no i mean he played a character on Blade

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
ThePerm, Donal Logue already broke continuity by appearing in both Blade1 and Ghost Rider. The entire Blade series has been erased from Marvel reality.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »
Blah, other than Blade trinity the Blade series was good. Unfortunately they wiped the slate clean for Punisher Warzone when the previous Punisher movie was a way better movie.  What the Hell! Firefox is trying to correct my spelling of movie. What am i supposed to say film or motion picture, talkie? I'm just saying as an actor..thats a way to get typecast. Thats the problem with comic book movies, not everyone of them is good. I just watched this one, and it was good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:58:40 PM by ThePerm »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
I'm seeing this movie for Ryan Reynolds!

Not enough scenes from Buying The Cow

"hi my name is mike (???)... and i'm a raging homosexual."

"uh yeah kid i am spiderman, and i'm gonna need to borrow that shirt. here let me help you take it off, there we go!"
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »
"Buying The Cow" just added t to my Netflix list.
the review on there made it  seem really funny

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
"Buying The Cow" just added t to my Netflix list.
the review on there made it  seem really funny

its a pretty funny movie, romantic comedy though and it has more ? Oconnell (the fat kid from stand by me) than Ryan Reynolds, but his scenes MAKE the movie. trust me on this one.

oh and he gets an honerable mention for his AWESOME scene in Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle:

"you're glistening..." lol

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »
A bit off topic, but Reynolds is good in Adventureland even though he doesn't have a huge part.

I really hope there is more Deadpool in the final movie, but the more I read about it, I doubt it. Supposedly there's something like 10 more minutes that's not in, which unfortunately might just be bits and pieces.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
A bit off topic, but Reynolds is good in Adventureland even though he doesn't have a huge part.

I really hope there is more Deadpool in the final movie, but the more I read about it, I doubt it. Supposedly there's something like 10 more minutes that's not in, which unfortunately might just be bits and pieces.

more off topic still, but yes he was good in Adventureland and i'm glad i'm not the only one that saw it. I think the majority of the cast did a good job, felt like these were real people working a shitty summer job, etc. the girl playing Em did a scary good job with the character, because i've known a ton of girls like that and it was disturbing seeing it acted out so well. I thought i'd end up running into an ex or something.

back on topic:

woo, wolverine!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »
one day i was messing around with my storm action figure, its head falls off all the time, i then thought i could make a catwomen action figure out of it by alternating the head. Then i remembered, Halle Berry played both storm and catwomen...double dipper!

speaking of comics...Toys!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:13:08 PM by ThePerm »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Then i remembered, Halle Berry played both storm and catwomen...double dipper!

Please don't remind me, I hate Marvel Comics and their new affirmative action stance. Catwoman, Kingpin and Nick Fury are NOT black and should not be made that way. If they want black versions, they should do something like "The New Kingpin". It works for someone like the Green Lanturn since there are many Green Lanturns (and since I am not a comic book fan, but do love the cartoons and movies based on comic book heroes, I have no problems with John Stewart and actually prefer him as Green Lanturn).

Image all the complaints they would have gotten if they had made Storm a white woman in the X-Men movies.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »
hold up TJ, Eartha Kitt was by far the best person to play catwomen thus far. I didn't mind the new take on Kingpin at all, because there are no white guys of the right proportion to play him. From what i understand Nick Fury is going to actually be Nick Fury Jr. No reason why they both have missing eyes though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eartha_Kitt

damn she died, didn't hear about that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:10:50 PM by ThePerm »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »
Then i remembered, Halle Berry played both storm and catwomen...double dipper!

Please don't remind me, I hate Marvel Comics and their new affirmative action stance. Catwoman, Kingpin and Nick Fury are NOT black and should not be made that way.

Ultimate Nick Fury is black
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.