Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 415445 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Endgame Thread.
« Reply #1025 on: August 28, 2016, 07:31:29 PM »
Prepare your buttholes for WA!
Mafia 70: the WAfather EDIT: haven't decided on a name yet so open to suggestions
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:59:35 PM by Lucario »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #1026 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:39 PM »
I'm thinking of making a rule that you have to change your avatar to a Waluigi one. Let's flood NWR with Walove!
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:06 PM »
I was already making other plans for my roleplaying game. The fact that I can continue to do so and spite you in the process is quite nice.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 30, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
Mine shall be a space opera theme.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1029 on: August 30, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »
I'll take 74!
it's going to be a NWR theme!
Made you look ****.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 01, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »
Hey all,

Based of the Hall of Fame threads and the info Khushrenada sent me I put together a little app make a searchable database to get some info on the game, such a roles then the list of players in that game.  I'm still kinda new at this so, I know it looks like ass right now but want to get it up to see if there is any feedback or anyone that wants to help out on the project. 

Some of the additional features would be to highlight the players differently if they were the host, or mafia, etc...  and maybe say who won, but that takes a lot of scrubbing through this chat room, also missing a lot of avatars and such. Eventually I'd like to add forms to add new games to the database instead of having to manually do it myself. Anyhow  you can find it here. 

https://nwr-mafia.herokuapp.com/

*I think they will shut it down if it gets too many hits (being a free service) but anyway if your interested in contributing PM me and I'll send you the repo and add you as a contributor.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:02:38 PM by apdude »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 01, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
That's a cool little thing you've got there.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:58 AM »
Mine shall be a space opera theme.
I'll take 74!
it's going to be a NWR theme!

OP updated accordingly. That just leaves Mafia 73 without a host right now. Awwwww. Poor Mafia 73.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 02, 2016, 02:47:57 AM »
Hey all,

Based of the Hall of Fame threads and the info Khushrenada sent me I put together a little app make a searchable database to get some info on the game, such a roles then the list of players in that game.  I'm still kinda new at this so, I know it looks like ass right now but want to get it up to see if there is any feedback or anyone that wants to help out on the project. 

Some of the additional features would be to highlight the players differently if they were the host, or mafia, etc...  and maybe say who won, but that takes a lot of scrubbing through this chat room, also missing a lot of avatars and such. Eventually I'd like to add forms to add new games to the database instead of having to manually do it myself. Anyhow  you can find it here. 

*I think they will shut it down if it gets too many hits (being a free service) but anyway if your interested in contributing PM me and I'll send you the repo and add you as a contributor.

Does it work with a PC or is it a mobile app? When I enter stuff into the text box, nothing happens and when I select browse all, the page flashes but then it just stays on the main title page. I do like the look of the entry page. Makes me think I should do a Dick Tracy themed Mafia of tommy guns and hard times.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 02, 2016, 03:00:01 AM »
Works better in Edge, although I still can't see what I'm clicking on other than very slim horizontal bars.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1035 on: September 02, 2016, 06:06:28 AM »
I love all the sexy waluigis you guys must really want that runner-up prize! XD
Made you look ****.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 02, 2016, 10:48:24 AM »
Hey all,

Does it work with a PC or is it a mobile app? When I enter stuff into the text box, nothing happens and when I select browse all, the page flashes but then it just stays on the main title page. I do like the look of the entry page. Makes me think I should do a Dick Tracy themed Mafia of tommy guns and hard times.

Yeah not quite mobile responsive.  Need to work on that.  Apply the Twitter bootstrap grid to it or something.  The search on the opening page requires pressing return to submit the form.  Browse all should open the search page with all the options and as you type in the search field it should filter them down.  Did not try it on mobile but probably should.  Thanks for the feedback

Edit: So since I'm not paying for the server, after a half hour of inactivity it goes to sleep and so does the database that's feeding it, so that may be why there was a long delay in getting the search results.  Once it is called it has to wake up then the database server has to wake up to send the data then it needs to render it so yeah not production ready...  but it seemed to open ok eventually on my phone but could be better.  I may work on improving it this weekend (or at least the awful color scheme.. what was I thinking) . 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:03:41 PM by apdude »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 02, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
Hey all,

Except by Day 3 it'll just be reduced to Story Posts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 05, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »
Someone should do a UMVC mafia game.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1039 on: September 05, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »
And you should get a Waluigi avatar if you want to change my personal title.
Made you look ****.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 05, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »
See, your current title is pretty acceptable for me.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1041 on: September 05, 2016, 11:49:40 PM »
eh, think about it, u can say ANYTHING
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2016, 11:00:14 PM »
fine I'll take mafia 73 too, seeming how I've nearly gotten the hang of this hosting thing....
It will be set in the outback!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »
I agree. There's only been 83 errors or so this game. You've kept it out of the triple digits so far unlike many other previous hosts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 05, 2016, 11:47:55 PM »
Mafia is broken after this game.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 05, 2016, 11:50:51 PM »
The best worst game in history.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1046 on: October 06, 2016, 06:04:17 AM »
That's the idea thats why the theme is waluigi its my first game hosting so i can blame it on cheating!
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 06, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
vote everyone

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1048 on: October 06, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »
In all seriousness this has been a fantastic learning experience so far so thanks guys!
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 06, 2016, 11:12:09 PM »
That's what the Mafia Forums are all about. Teaching the younger generations of gamers with powerful life lessons so that they can reach their limited potential to become the wage slaves of the future.

Actually, that sounds depressing.  :o :(

It's also about fun! Sometimes. But it's there if you look hard enough.  ;)