Author Topic: Editing Pix, Clips, and Songs on a Mac  (Read 2801 times)

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Editing Pix, Clips, and Songs on a Mac
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:32:25 PM »
Anyone here good with creating movies on a Mac?  Basically I'm trying to create a video for a song I wrote (in mp3 format now) and I want to use both pictures and MPEG 4's to overlay over the top of the song.  I've tried using iMovie 06 and its not to helpful.  Anyone know of some freeware that gets the job done?  Not looking for anything too fancy, just something simple.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Pix, Clips, and Songs on a Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »
06?

Isn't that HD ?

I thought HD is very strait forward.

1. Where is the song ? If its on iTunes right now you can click the media tab and select that song and click the button "place at playhead".

2. click the tab "clips" and go to File and Import the mp4 movie or pictures you want.

3. I suggest hitting the film button on the bottom left instead of clock.

4. Just drag the clips and pictures from the 'clip menu' to the bottom part of the window.

5. Click back on the clock button and you can adjust where in the time things go and move them around.

6. you can change the audio of the movie clip by clicking on them on the bottom. a little box with % you change it to whatever.

7. It's not that difficult. If Push comes to shove I'll do it for you, and all you have to do is gift me a Wii Virtual Console game of my choice.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »
06?

Isn't that HD ?

1. Where is the song ? If its on iTunes right now you can click the media tab and select that song and click the button "place at playhead".

2. click the tab "clips" and go to File and Import the mp4 movie or pictures you want.

4. Just drag the clips and pictures from the 'clip menu' to the bottom part of the window.

5. Click back on the clock button and you can adjust where in the time things go and move them around.

6. you can change the audio of the movie clip by clicking on them on the bottom. a little box with % you change it to whatever.

7. It's not that difficult. If Push comes to shove I'll do it for you, and all you have to do is gift me a Wii Virtual Console game of my choice.

Awesome, thanks for the tips!  One more question.  One of the clips I need I can only find on Youtube, is it possible to rip it, and place that into iMovie HD?

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
06?

Isn't that HD ?

Awesome, thanks for the tips!  One more question.  One of the clips I need I can only find on Youtube, is it possible to rip it, and place that into iMovie HD?

yeah they are programs for that. If your feeling lazy I'll do the movie and import whatever youtube movie you want.

Cho Aniki would be cool game to be gifted :-D

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »
Yeah god, if you cant use iMovie then simply put, movie editing isn't for you.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
Yeah god, if you cant use iMovie then simply put, movie editing isn't for you.

Well iMovie HD isn't to difficult.

Now the newer iMovie I can't stand it .

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 06:53:49 AM »
Yeah 08 is a bit more complex and you can see they spent most of their time coding cool **** like having it play movies as you roll your mouse across thumbnails but it's still as easy as taking a dump.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:36:14 AM »
Yeah 08 is a bit more complex and you can see they spent most of their time coding cool **** like having it play movies as you roll your mouse across thumbnails but it's still as easy as taking a dump.

Then Garageband would be as easy as someone taking a dump for you?

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
Oh Garangeband is complicated as ****. Seriously just avoid it. If you want to trim mp3 files just use Quicktime Pro (registration is $notmuch)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
Come on guys I thought makes were so great they did all the work for you!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 03:07:10 PM »
Oh Garangeband is complicated as ****. Seriously just avoid it. If you want to trim mp3 files just use Quicktime Pro (registration is $notmuch)

Together, we would be unbeatable!  I've never had an issue with Garageband.  I use it all the time for various purposes.