Author Topic: Spin's GHWT DLC impressions/reviews. (Aussie Track Pack!)  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Spin's GHWT DLC impressions/reviews. (Aussie Track Pack!)
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »
I figured since I download WT DLC pretty regularly I'd update on how some of the songs are. 

*as a note, I will not be downloading all of the DLC (for money and time reasons), but I will purchase enough as possible

I'll try to get around to doing this every single DLC I own.
------------------------------------------------------------------

This week I only downloaded a single, mainly because I really don't enjoy Travis Barker's music. 

"Low (Travis Barker Remix)"- Flo Rida featuring T-Pain
If you have just the guitar itself do NOT purchase this song.  It is far and away the most boring guitar track in WT's DLC catalog and on disc setlist.  On my strait read of the song I got 99% and FC'd the song within the next turn.  The bass is nothing to write home about either.   Where the song shines is the drum and vocal track.  The vocal track is akin to "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn" or "B.Y.O.B." in terms of speed.  Due to the speed and the rap beat, this not only makes it fun but challenging as well.  The drum track is the polar opposite of the guitar, it is easily one of the funnest in the entire game.  Not entirely challenging, but fun none-the-less.  It's fast and chock full of notes.
Final:  Unless you have the drums, Recommended for Fans only.

Next week I'll be downloading the Aussie Track Pack, Bruce Springsteen Track Pack and the album "Dig Out Your Soul" by Oasis. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:57:32 PM by Spinnzilla »
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
Re: Spin's GHWT DLC impressions/reviews.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
This week it was the Australian Rock Track Pack.  The songs include Wolfmother's "Dimension", The Vines's "Outtathaway!" and Silverchair's "Tomorrow"

"Dimension"- Wolfmother
This chart truly reveals the simplicity of this song's guitar part.  Not trying to bash the song (i'm a huge fan of Wolfmother), but I was a little disappointed by the chart.  It does have a few thrills here and there throughout the song, after Andrew Stockdale sings "...in another dimension!" the guitar part that follows is pretty fun.  Its just too far and between during the remainder of the song.  The bass is a bit of an improvement, as it's chart is similar to the guitar's, just with more notes for the rhythm fill at parts.  There are quite a few parts on bass with 4/5 button descends.  Now the drums are challenging but fun.  Playing on medium I came to several sections in which I dipped into the red, but I never failed.  The vocals were surprisingly not bad.  I thought I was going to have scream like girl to get the wolfmother vocals down, but nope.  The are some cool higher to lower pitch parts that are fun to sing (I forget the correct term here).
Recommend For Fans.

"Outtathaway!"- The Vines
This is the highlight of the entire pack.  The guitar cart is primarily cords, but the cords are all wild-like and all over the place.  Also the "solo" section is very fun, and there are notes that break up the cords lines. The bass line surprised me it was more complicated than I thought.  The bass lines tend to be pretty bouncy through and through, although there are a few parts with repeated notes over and over.  The drums are simple, still fun though.  The vocals are pretty crazy but can be hard to get the rhythm  down because the music is so layered on top of it at times. 
Recommended For Everyone.

"Tomorrow"- Silver Chair
One way to describe this song is very 90's sounding, with, what sounds like to me at least, a hint of Lynyrd Skynyrd.  The most challenging guitar part on  out of the pack.  Very fun to play and it sounds cool as well.  The solo towards the end has a few little parts that are a bit difficult.   The rhythm of the bass can be hard to get the groove of because of the open note-to-green-to-red/yellow thing. Unfortunately the guitar is the only place the song really shines, as everything else just feels pretty standard.  The drums are pretty forgettable.
Recommended For Fans (unless you want a song that's pretty cool on guitar).

Overall I'd give the Track Pack a 7.5 out of 10.

Next Bruce Springsteen!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Spin's GHWT DLC impressions/reviews. (Aussie Track Pack!)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:14:39 PM »
Have you checked out the Within Temptation song, 'What Have You Done Now'?

I love that band and this is a good song for the game I think. I'm a little surprised that they didn't do the 'Rock Version' that released on the American version of the album as it is a bit shorter and doesn't have the very drawn out intro. That is one of the negative things in this song because the first part starts very quietly without any playing. I never thought abnormally large gaps or points where only one instrument played were conducive to the band experience. I found the same issue is found in 'Human' as well. Fun to play on guitar though. I can't wait to try it on drums once I get my DLC to work again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
Re: Spin's GHWT DLC impressions/reviews. (Aussie Track Pack!)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
I might have to check it out.  My biggest factor in buying songs is if I actually like the song.  Even if the chart is super simple but I like the song I still have fun playing it (ala Dimension).  But I'm not really a fan of within temptation. 

Hmm...I should really get back to doing these DLC things.