Author Topic: So...the Dark Knight?  (Read 61258 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
So...the Dark Knight?
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:35:50 PM »
Am I the only one that saw this last night (this morning)? Is everyone asleep because they were at the theater until 2:32 AM?

Anyway, it's fucking great. The Joker is legitimately scary, and Two Face looks fucking awesome. Also, they showed a preview for Terminator 4, and Watchmen, both look pretty great.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: So...the Dark Knight?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
Ya umm the movie fucking ruled.

I gotta say I'm an asshole to movies, but that took the cake. Given the limitations of those characters in those situations, that movie was perfect.

My only gripe was Batman's voice sucked.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
[BATMAN] WHAT IS VALCONI HIDING?
[fat cop] I DON'T KNOW
[BATMAN] GROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!1
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »
I did enjoy it. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
completely agree with the the first two posts in this thread:

you were htere till 2:30? puss! i got out at 4am ;-) it was the 1 o'clock, last, IMAX showing. I got the tickets after work and i got to pick the seats, settled for that one because it wasn't sold out yet at 7pm and i chose seats right in the middle. perfect spots too.

and why must you spoiler two-face? if anyone followed the movie news/media even in the slightest you'd know he'd would show up. And yes, it looked fucking awesome.... i mean wow.. the first reveal when he's in the hospital bed.. and he turns and you can see some charred skin on the pillow.. so gross but i loved the detail. oh and Nurse Joker FTW

The only bad experience i had was that we didnt show up to the theatre until right before the scheduled start time, which i hate doing because even with assigned seats i like to get in there early so i dont have to climb over anyone. Some crazyness happened and i ended up taking a friend to a hospital but everything turned out fine and he let me leave and made it just on time. i wanted to get a soda but it was so late they barely had anyone working and even though the line was short it took forever cuz the people at the counter decided to order every last bit of food they had in the place (fat bastards) so i was on line from 12:50-1:05 and missed the fucking terminator teaser trailer (which i really really wanted to see..) and barely got to see the watchman trailer because i was standing around waiting for an attendant to show me to my seats. Oh and this is after the first employee, some big lazy bitch took my ticket and said to go to the other side of the theatre, then the attendant there takes forever to seat us because she was so busy seating everyone the fat bitch sent her way.. so when she finally gets to us our seats are on the fucking side we came in on! i could of atleast watched one of the previews but now, instead i missed the first minute of the movie (but luckily nothing too important).

Oh and yes, batmans voice sucked. I never saw batman begins (well i did on tv but wasnt paying attention) so i hadn't realized he sounds like  an idiot with a strepthroat when he talks lol.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:22:05 PM »
Fantastic film. Surpasses all others.

"Let me show you a magic trick. I will make this pencil disappear!"

GIVE THIS MAN THE OSCAR

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
lol shyguy that was the most memorable line. I watched Batman 89 right before i watched the movie
just so i could make a comparison.

and you know who the best joker is
Mark Hamill, however Ledger was great, but i guess this will be the last movie with ledger/gyllenhaal..too bad for evil sleeping pills, i want a sequal w/ joker

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
I hate this Joker but, I can't wait to see the movie anyway.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 01:00:55 AM »
mantidor you may wanna watch the movie before you can say you hate this joker, he's not at all like the first impression photos. Those dark shadowed inmate photos don't even begin to represent him. Actually to be honest he's pretty standard joker, not to mention hilarious..if you like morbid black humor

basically he's a cross between the villian on No Country for Old Men, Beetlejuice, and Jack Nicholson's joker, a chaotic anarchistic psychology, with a dark sense of humor. Nicholson's Joker was a mobster who took over for Carl Grisham, and Heath Ledger's more like an outsider thats a force on its own.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 01:35:28 AM by ThePerm »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »
He was more in line with The Animated Series Joker. He was a demented mad man (redundancy necessary) who could brain **** Batman.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 01:49:17 AM »
I hope we at least get the Joker laughing from a cell in Arkham in the sequel. I also don't think Two Face was dead at the end of the movie, but that they hid him away in the asylum to cover up the tragedy

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 02:13:21 AM »
I get how Batman grunts and growls because he's diguising his voice.... I just didn't understand why he'd still use his Batman-voice around people who knows he's Bruce Wayne.

I think Two-Face is dead. That's kind of the point. They beat the Joker by having Dent die a martyr.

Amazing movie with only trivial flaws. Heath Ledger nailed the role. If they make a 3rd movie, my guess is that they bring back Ra's Al Ghul because I'm not sure any other villain would work. Who's left that could pass under Christopher Nolan's "realistic Batman?" The Riddler? Ehhh.... Well, there's Bane, but I think I'd rather see who I mentioned above.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:16:13 AM by Adrock »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 02:17:24 AM »
Actually I was thinking either Hugo Strange or The Ventriloquist. The upcoming Batman as an outlaw would fit well into the "Prey" storyline.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 03:23:48 AM »
basically he's a cross between the villian on No Country for Old Men, Beetlejuice, and Jack Nicholson's joker, a chaotic anarchistic psychology, with a dark sense of humor.

Plus a bit of Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:13 PM »
I just didn't understand why he'd still use his Batman-voice around people who knows he's Bruce Wayne.

When he's in costume, he's no longer Bruce Wayne.

Actually I was thinking [...] The Ventriloquist.

I was saying this exact same thing yesterday.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
They seem to incorporate a lot of politics in this series, so I think The Penguin (sans all the ridiculousness) would be a good fit. If Heath Ledger hadn't died, I would've loved to see a movie about Bane leading the Arkham breakout. But, I think the Joker needs to be there too much.

Mad Hatter might be nice to see.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
A movie like that sounds like it would suffer from "Batman and Robin" or "Spider-Man 3" syndrome.  Too many players.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
As for villians, Nolan pretty much covered the ones that fit into HIS universe

Scarecrow, Two-Face, Joker, Raz Al-Ghul

the ones left are

Penguin, Riddler, Crock, Poison Ivy, Bane, Mad Hatter, Scarface/Ventriliquist, Clayface, Man Bat, and Mr. Freeze. Most of these are far fetched and unrealistic. The penguin I can imagine as an intelligent crime boss, Riddler is more realistic in the cartoon, Crock is realistic in that he only looks like a crocadile but is in fact a man with a skin disorder who happens to be really big, Bane...please, Mad Hatter could be good..i always imagined robin williams as mad hatter..there is a line between nolan and camp here, Scarface..meh, Clayface..meh, Man Bat too far fetched, mr freeze..a great character with a good tone, but unrealistic. Someone should say something to Nolan about Robin Williams though..they worked together on Insomnia where Robin Williams was a villian..who was really similar to bat villians in that he left clues and stuff. fine line as said above, but i've seen Robin play regular people as well as goofballs.

I wish i was a producer, i'd make a live action tv series. Did anyone ever watch Mantis?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:59:15 PM by ThePerm »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
I don't want them to do Mr. Freeze - No one can do him better than TAS did.

Scarface/Ventriloquist would seem to do well, IMHO, simply because the movies seems to focus more on the organized crime aspect of Batman.  Black Mask could be a part of this as well.  They're both realistic, screwed up characters.

Oddly enough, why is everyone avoiding mentioning one of the core characters of the Batman mythos... Catwoman?  Maybe we can get a sequel to that awesome Catwoman movie. [/sarcasm]

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 03:44:49 PM »
Tier two villains FTW?

Deadshot? Hugo Strange?

Personally, Deadshot looks pretty interesting. Hugo Strange could be built off that guy. Did he have a name? I forgot.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
Fantastic film. Surpasses all others.

"Let me show you a magic trick. I will make this pencil disappear!"

GIVE THIS MAN THE OSCAR

seriously my favorite part of the movie. that and the final "i want my phone call" were really fucking good. god i just want to see this movie again!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
Saw this. Movie was great, Heath Ledger was amazing, etc. Favorite scene: malfunctioning detonator.

basically he's a cross between the villian on No Country for Old Men, Beetlejuice, and Jack Nicholson's joker, a chaotic anarchistic psychology, with a dark sense of humor.

Plus a bit of Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal.

Plus Andy Richter's voice.

I don't want them to do Mr. Freeze - No one can do him better than TAS did.

I agree, no one could top The Arnold Schwarzenegger's performance.

[What villains are] left that could pass under Christopher Nolan's "realistic Batman?"

I think any of them could be modified to fit into the films. Also, the movies aren't that realistic (See: microwave generator in first film.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 04:44:14 PM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
TAS is theanimated series

hehe, i actually don't think Schwarzenegger was bad at all as Mr. freeze, he was in a bad movie with a bad script with a ridiculous budget, with a great director who wanted a flamboyant movie that few would like. However, he did really well in some scenes where theres was some pathos in the character. The movie was on the other night on tnt...i couldn't stand to wath the whole thing, but i remember some parts where he was a sympathetic villian.

and catwomen, i just forgot about catwomen in my list, you can only post 100% on so many forums...she's alright, its just that you can't top Michelle pfeifers catwoman villianess..only if Eartha Kitt is Mama Cat with like 10 catwomen accomplices, but thts campy!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:04:45 PM by ThePerm »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
What Perm said (about The Animated Series, not Arnold's performance....)

The only way I want to see a new Mr. Freeze is with a great plot and Patrick Stewart playing him.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
patrick stewart would be good....