Poll

Are you thinking about possibly trading in your Wii because of this horrible E3?

>..< I wish I could say no, but now I'm giving it thought and this will be the end for my relationship with Nintendo
1 (2.6%)
:-(  I'm going to think about it but I am very angry about E3 and the contempt they have for Hardcore gamers
7 (17.9%)
 :-/  E3 wasn't that bad, It could of been better but overall decent show
14 (35.9%)
:-) I am 100% happy with my Wii and E3 wasn't bad at all but actually pretty cool I am very hyped for everything
9 (23.1%)
Emo threads make me a sad panda.
8 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 24, 2008, 04:36:22 PM

Author Topic: E3 2008: Has it caused you to seriously consider ditching Nintendo all together?  (Read 13448 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
You're a smart man pap64.

Oh, but being the cheeky bugger I am I couldn't resist one minor addition though.

So to everyone who feels any sort of anger towards any of the three companies; chill. Its not the end of the world. There are far more important things to worry about. In the meantime, just pick up a controller and play third party games. Chances are you'll feel better and forget this damn debate ever existed.

There. Much better. ^_^
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
*claps*

What a turn around, Pap. I remember you in the good old days; the pre-brawl, pre-wiimote, pre-wii days.

Good ****, my friend.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
What I don't get is why E3 can't simply be 2 days private for the press and retailers, and then three days for the public.  Turn it into a festival for crying out loud, and have a cap on how large each vendor's booth can be, and have restrictions on what kind of stuff they can have in it.

How hard would that be?  I just don't understand.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
jon- don't we already have one of those? i forgot what it's called though.
i'm still disappointed that we haven't had more original games along the lines of say, Okami and RE4 from IceCold's list. I just found about "The Conduit", though, which sounds promising.

As for what Retro's doing...they still don't have a permanent Creative Director or Senior Engineer, so I'd suspect that would hold things up there guys.

-e

oh, and pap64 just spelled out why it is i don't pop in here very often anymore ';_)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:58:58 PM by BiLdItUp1 »
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
*claps*

What a turn around, Pap. I remember you in the good old days; the pre-brawl, pre-wiimote, pre-wii days.

Good ****, my friend.

Don't get me wrong, though. I will still drop my two cents, criticize games and their makers and do some speculation if its required. I'm just not going to focus on it and waste my time arguing with other members because we all know it never ends and everyone ends up looking stupid.

I came to this realization when I bought a lot of Wii games at Gamestop and played them nonstop. I was having so much fun it reminded me of my younger days where things like gaming forums, fanboyism and industry news were non-existent in my life.

From them on I decided to view gaming like in my younger days, stop worrying so much about every little detail, and most importantly, value my own opinion first.

Again, that doesn't mean I will offer thoughts on occasion. Its just not going to be the main focus on my gaming habits.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:53:22 PM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
You are right Pap64. During the whole E3 conference uproar I just got sick of it and I just played Mario Kart and RE4 and it just faded from my mind.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.