Author Topic: The Core  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Core
« on: March 27, 2003, 05:09:31 PM »
Is anyone else so incredibly sick of this movie that they will not go to see it just on general principles?  The flash ad is driving me insane.  It's one thing to have a popup window with music on it that you can just shut off, but putting that content into a banner is just crazy.

If I ever find out who designed that ad, I will personally spam them to death by forwarding them every chain letter/spam mail I get in my inbox.

I say we boycott the movie on general principles.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 06:42:08 PM »
  Die, Core, Die!  Another 'end of the world' movie where a bunch of unlikely heroes save the day....yay!!!

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 06:48:58 PM »
Yes, it's that's not the best 'creative advertising'. It's real fun having that banner load on dial-up, and having it play again on every new page.. WEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 12:18:50 AM »
increadable electric storms...
etc
bahhhhh im so sick of that guy O_o ill give him an incredable electric storem

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 05:07:34 PM »
PGC needs to remove this ad NOW! This is soooo annoying, I have to click stop everytime I load a new page, it almost keeps me from posting since it is sooo annoying.

About the movie...its seems rehashed, I've seen this before and I know the ending.  I think I'll pass this movie up and buy WWE:Crush Hour instead.
~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~
  ~\_-Kids who made it-_/~

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 05:58:39 PM »
Well, unlike some of you guys, I actually listen to music while i'm on the computer. So I can't hear the movie trailer! Haha! You have not broken my mind yet!

By the way, when does the movie come out in Australia? I might seem rehashed, and it has been meny times before, but i just want a movie with lots of destruction, and Terminator 3 and The Hulk don't come out for a while.  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 10:07:57 PM »
  Well sadly, it's playing everywhere....
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
The Core
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 10:26:31 PM »
We can't do ANYTHING about ads that are served to us, guys.  We've told you all this HUNDREDS of times.  Please stop complaining about it ...
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153