Author Topic: Wind Waker Soundtrack  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Tlaloc

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« on: March 26, 2003, 12:50:10 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get the soundtrack for the game Wind Waker?

I have been searching in google but haven't found a site to import the cd.

Thanks.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 10:19:08 AM »
I'd also like to add to this question of where I can import any game soundtrack - from Australia. I have found nothing.
Does Amazon deliver to Australia? They have quite a selection of game soundtracks, so maybe, Tlaloc, you can find it there.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 02:19:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
I'd also like to add to this question of where I can import any game soundtrack - from Australia. I have found nothing.

you're in luck.  i've found this australian anime online store a while ago:
www.tamarket.com.au

they got heaps of stuff, from anime/game soundtracks to manga, poster and DVDs.

but be careful, not all the music CDs they sell are the original japanese version (which can be expensive), which they list.  some of them are from Taiwan (ie: copies), brand names like SonMay and Ever Anime.  there's nothing wrong with them, i ordered a few myself.  i was sort of happy with their service (although the CDs case was a bit damaged)

and yes, amazon do ship international.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 09:04:13 PM »
Son May and Ever Anime are bootleg brands, don't try to convince yourself they are real.  They are just pirated bootlegs sold in Tiawian and by cheap import stores worldwide to make a quick buck, without any of it going back to the origional artist.  

Also, do not go to ebay and try to get CD's.  Just like trying to find a legit Japanese DVD for an anime, finding a legit game or anime soundtrack on EBAY is almost unheard of.

quick, basic and easy well to tell if your CD in a bootleg or not...

Somewhere on the package is the price of the item in Japanese yen.  If there is no price in Yen, it's very likely not a legit CD.

anyways.  here are the same links i posted in the main Gamecube forum.  These are to the amazon japan and cdjapan sites.  Both will give you the real thing, not a bootleg.  CDJapan is all in english.   Shipping is a bit slower, and more expensive (I usually get my stuff in about 3-4 days).  Amazon japan has a full check out in English, but the page I link to is in Japanese, shipping is cheaper and faster (Usually 2 days, but I did get a overnight shipping once).  I have had very good experiences with both these importers.  Both sell the soundtrack for
3200 yen (about $26.50 USD).

Amazon Japan

CD Japan

If importing isn't your thing.  www.animenation.com is a nice place to pick up LEGIT soundtracks in the USA.  It's imported, so the price is higher (37.95), but being domesitc (in the USA) the shipping will be cheaper.  They also list the OST as being out 4-19.  Might want to email them before purchase to see if that's a typo (Since real release date was 3-19).  I've ordered from them, they are very good.

anime nation    
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 10:37:45 PM »
i knew SonMay and Ever Anime were bootleg brands, but the CDs i were looking for where out of stock and not getting any more (i checked cd japan, anime nation, game music etc) and had no other option.  also, i really did not want to pay an insane amount for a legit CD.  and,  you are right about ebay.  

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Wind Waker Soundtrack
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2003, 04:27:37 AM »
In that situation i'd just download the soundtrack.

If you aren't going to give money to the artist, at least don't give money to bootlegers.  
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"