Author Topic: Halloween Costumes  (Read 70043 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Halloween Costumes
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »
Anyone ever done anything outrageous for a Halloween costume?  The best I've ever done was make my own, of a Pac-Man Ghost.  It was pretty awesome, but I don't even have any pictures.

Basically, I took some shiny blue fabric from a fabric store, about five times the length of my body, maybe a little more, and an old umbrella.  I did everything by way of tape, since I'm a man, BTW.  I cut the fabric in half and draped it over the umbrella, evenly, so that it made a cross when flattened on the ground.  I taped the edges together, did a little cutting at the bottom, and then inverted it, so it would have a smoother connection area thing where the fabric ends met.  On this side, using tape again, I made a W mouth and two L shaped eyes.  Then, for effect, I cut the the bottom with a /\/\/\/\/\/ shape and cut out some eye holes in the side, since the ghosts always walk sideways to where they are looking.

It wasn't too shabby and only took a few hours.  I'd guess this was about three years ago, to boot.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE: Halloween Costumes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »
I got one of those grass skirts, one of my old african spears and shield, then painted my body and face with paint in various patterns and shapes.

My motivation was that creepy little tribal warrior from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.

I was going for laughs, but being half naked at all times has it's advantages . That was last year. I think someone may have a picture somewhere.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 06:57:41 PM »
I wanted to be toad, I am having no luck finding said costume. So I think I am gonna be jafar(Aladdin).  Thats kinda cool  BTW, I am 21.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »
I actually went as a pirate to work one year.  The entire month before, I grew my beard out.  It was odd - I'd never really let it grow out, and when I did, it was huge, bushy and bright, bright red (I've got blond hair)....  I wish I still had the picture of that around...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:30 AM »
I'm from Canada where it's f*cking cold on October 31.  So during my trick-or-treat years myself and every other kid in the country never had a very good costume because a coat and boots were a requirement (even if it was unseasonally warm and dry odds are your Mom still made you wear them).  It didn't matter how cool in theory your costume was you always looked like a doofus once you had to suit up to go outside.

I haven't worn very many costumes as an adult.  Usually I'll throw on a mask or something to spook the kids that come to my door but not much else.

However the best costume I ever wore was in 2002 when I went as a Ringwraith.  Lord of the Rings was all the buzz at the time since Two Towers was coming out soon.  My brother and I both wore the same costume which we made ourselves.  They were actually really hot since we made sure everything was covered in black (but no boots or coat).  The reason I came up with the costume was because I wanted to trick-or-treat one last time.  I was 20 and hadn't trick-or-treated in years but I figured if I completely covered myself, walked in a scary hunched over crouch and disguised my voice to sound scary I could pull it off.  At worst people might think I was a teenager but I don't think anyone knew I was 20.  The best thing is my brother and I got TONS of candy.  With our grown-up legs, speed and endurance we were able to cover much more ground than we ever did as kids (in fact since he's the youngest usually his slow ass limited my candy collection back in the day).

One problem though is that our costumes were scary enough that a dog that had no beef with any other trick-or-treaters was got really scared and upset at our appearance and decided chasing us was a good way to defend his property.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »
Who dresses up for Halloween? I think the last time I did that was, gee, in 2000?  

edit: whoops, not trying to be critical - just lamenting my lost childhood.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
What?!

Blasphemy I say!

Seriously though, costume parties rock.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
KashogiStogi = cosplayer.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »
Some comedian my friend told me about whose name I don't remember said that there are two reason why Halloween rocks:

1. CANDY!!

2. Women use it as an excuse to dress like sluts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
RE:Halloween Costumes
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
KashogiStogi = cosplayer.

Haha...right......

No seriously, Ian hit the nail on the head with his second point.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »
Jim Gaffigan?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 11:21:48 AM »
Women using Halloween as an excuse to dress like sluts is one of the WORST things about it. UGH! You meet more hoochies that night than on any other.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 11:31:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
Women using Halloween as an excuse to dress like sluts is one of the WORST things about it. UGH! You meet more hoochies that night than on any other.

Now now Evan some people do not care about Stds. . . .

One of the worst ideas I had was to go as a killer murderous mime,

Postives:
-People really loved the costume

Negatives:
-Most people made me pantomime for candy making it absolutely slow to go to houses in a timely manner.  Seriously 3 or 4 groups of people would pass me and get candy before I was done pantomiming stupid stuff.
"ACT LIKE YOU ARE IN A BOX LOLOLOL "  Needless to say I used the mime finger to get my rebuttal across.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »
If I get a trick or treater at my door over the age of 14, I club them with a large blunt object then throw their body into the trap door at the bottom of the closet.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 11:37:40 AM »
Wait I thought alot of women now days didn't need a reason to dress as sluts?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
"Wait I thought alot of women now days didn't need a reason to dress as sluts?"

Okay it's more of an excuse to dress as THEMED sluts.  So 364 days of the year Katie dresses like a slut but on Halloween she dresses like a slutty witch or a pirate or a cheerleader or a cowgirl or a nurse or a...

Though since I'm not in college anymore the women I encounter in my day-to-day life are not as often the types I want to see dressed as sluts.  My 50 year old dentist for example would do the universe a whole lot of good to just call in sick every October 31.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
Jim Gaffigan?

correct!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 09:19:52 PM »
i still have my cardboard zelda shield  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

Anyone ever done anything outrageous for a Halloween costume?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 02:57:58 AM »
Those are both hilarious!

At first I thought the priest was the best, but that dude playing the baby.........his face is priceless!

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 04:36:19 AM »
I recently moved out of my parents house to a 3 family house, I currently live on the first floor, but by Halloween, 3 of the 4 ppl (it's a 4bdrm apt) who live on the first floor are moving  to the 2nd and we're having a costume party the friday after Halloween that's going to encompass 2 floors. It's going to get pretty crazy, I'm the bouncer which unfortunately means I can't get too wasted, but all the drunken women(no one under 21) should make up for that.

I'm going to be the Grim Reaper so people know I mean business, because if anyone starts a fight I'm just going to punch them in face no questions asked.

I can't wait!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 05:41:29 AM »
Well being a bouncer or not, nothings stopping you from the occasional smoke break .

Still sucks though....I can't be at a costume party and not get wasted....tooo much fun.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 08:48:44 AM »
I dressed my cousin once, and he dressed as me.  We look almost identical, but we act and dress totally differently.  We fooled about half the people at he party; I got a lot of "Justin, where's your costume?"  As the night wore on, and the BAC went up, I was able to fool a greater percentage of the people.

Almost made out with his ex, but she was very drunk.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
lol bac, i had to think of what that meant, and when i realised it had so much meaning  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline liforrevenge

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 01:14:32 PM »
my sister and i are going to be jesse and james from team rocket this year...
WOOT!
i miss the nsider forums....