Author Topic: SimCity DS help: Transportation?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
SimCity DS help: Transportation?
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
Can I get some tips for transportation?  I am spending tons on transportation, but my traffic is still get worse, trains help temporarily but this isn't solving the problem.  How large should my residential areas be when they have road connected to them?  Could you be fairly exact on your tips?  Thank you guys!  I know it is n00b-ish to ask for help on a forum, but there isn't much out there for this game. Plus, the last SimCity I played was, SNES.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: SimCity DS help: Transportation?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
I'd want to help but... the truth is I've NEVER figured out how to build a good city in simcity. The game pwns me... /sad
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »
18 Days, the available faqs totally suck.

Kairon other than stuff the docs don't tell you about.  A couple of cities should give you enough experience to get through it.  I would just make sure to follow the rules with out breaking basically the mold the status bars suggest(I.E. build more residential areas), until you have a steady revenue.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
If your residential and industrial zones are separated, as they should be, you need to make sure there are multiple roads between them. All the transportation funding in the world isn't going to help if all the cars going between Industrial and Residential are bottlenecking on the 1 or 2 (or even with more, depending on the size of the city) roads between them. Make sure there are enough roads connecting the places in your city, make sure it never depends on just 1 road at any point, because that is what causes traffic. As for zones, you don't want them to be huge, but as long as any individual tile in a zone is more than 3 out from a road (meaning no more than 6 between roads) you should be fine.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent