Author Topic: Grown-up GC users?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline whispering_smith

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« on: March 19, 2003, 01:19:42 PM »
Hello all. Just curious, any older gamers?
Once upon a time I was an avid gamer. Now in my early 30's I play the occasional sim/strategy title on pc, but that's it. The last console I owned was Dreamcast (which I bought soley to play Soul Calibur, although other titles followed). As I'm not a "hardcore" console guy anymore I can justify the purchase of a system to play a few choice 'A' titles.
Lately I've been experiencing great nostalgia for some of the classic Nintendo titles. Looking at such games Metroid Prime & Zelda WW I think I'm going to break down & buy a GC. Even if I only to play those classic Nintendo re-makes, I think I'll get my money's worth.
Just looking for feedback from the "older" crowd.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 01:24:41 PM »
Contrary to popular belief, as Microsoft's Ken Lobb said, the GCN average user age is far higher than people think.

Just think about it. People who grew up with Nintendo are just that...grown up know. Either that or they are 14-18 if they are from the SNES era (like me).

Anyway, i'm sure far more 18+ year olds own gamecubes than under 12 year olds. Teens are obviously the winners though...

And um...most people on this board should be fairly old. 8 year olds don't just pop up in forums..

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 01:29:51 PM »
check out this thread

There are a lot of users over the age of 18.

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 01:44:45 PM »
I'm 28 and I'm a gamer til I die. If anything I'll always play games like Mario Kart, Quake Series, Timesplitters Series, but I'll play any game.  And a bunch of friends and I who are at least 28, get together once or twice a week to play the hell out of Timesplitters 2, and we play Quake 3/Serious Sam a lot online.  The Atari/NES generation of players will never stop playing games.  

Offline BlueStorm

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 01:51:43 PM »
I really enjoy playing my Gamecube.  I am an "incredibly aged" 29.   I think the Gamecube is a fine platform for the older gamer.

I've enjoyed the following games so far.  Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, NCAA Football 2003,  Wave Race Blue Storm, Madden 2002,  The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime.  I plan of picking up the new Zelda next week.  I don't have as much time as I used to for games,  but I still get my share of gaming in.  I'm currently still making my way through Metroid Prime and the old Zelda.

BS.
<BR>

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
Grown-up GC users?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 03:06:14 PM »
I'm 21, and I live and die by Nintendo.  Some may call this being a "fanboy."  But, I call it being loyal, and I am a firm believer in the saying "going home with who brought ya to the dance."  I know when Nintendo makes mistakes and will point them out.  I know when another system has a great game, and will point them out as well.  I just cannot get past my very fond memories of watching my big brother play the NES.  That was my hobby, just watching him play all those classic games.  It is those memories that keeps me loyal to Nintendo and will "go down with the ship" (hopefully that time never comes.  and sorry for all the goofy sayings, lol.)