Author Topic: Sam & Max Hit the Road  (Read 2519 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Sam & Max Hit the Road
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
So look at what I scored on Ebay:

It's pretty good. Sam & max, I mean.

It's a 10-year-old Lucas Arts adventure game, which means you'll spend your time solving fiendish puzzles, while being entertained by witty jokes, and bizzare characters and locales.

You play as Sam, a dog. Your partner is Max, a "hyperkenitic rabbity thing". You're freelance police, on a mission to track down a sasquatch that's escaped from the carnival.

It took me a little while to get used to the pixelated graphics, and voices (I played Sam & Max: Season One before playing this. Hearing Sam & Max for the first time in this was like meeting an old friend who had stopped taking Prozac since the last time you saw him, if that makes sense. (I realize it probably doesn't make sense, because it's, like, four in the morning. I really need to go to bed.)) But once I did (get used to the graphics and voices), I found I was really enjoying myself. The dialog, animation, voice acting, and artwork are all superb. Oh, and the game is funny as hell.

I also enjoyed the puzzles, for the most part, once I got used to the game's twisted, cartoon logic. There were some puzzles that I could only solve by randomly trying objects on other objects....but, I didn't mind too much.

I enjoyed also how the game rewarded you for solving puzzles. You know how, in Zelda, after you solve a puzzle, you hear a chime, and a new area opens up? Well, in Sam & Max, you're generally rewarded with an elaborate, funny, animation.

I also liked how the game mainly satirizes real-life things. Season One went mostly went after things you see while you're sitting on your butt at home: talk show hosts, creepy spiritial leaders, video games, former child stars. Hit the Road goes after things you see while you're on vacation: kitschy tourist traps, chain stores.

So in conclusion, this game is great, and you should probably buy it. And then buy Sam & Max: Season one, because it's also fantastic. And then buy Season One again, when it comes out on Wii.

Score:

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Sam & Max Hit the Road
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 04:18:26 AM »
I'll buy Season One when it comes out but for now I'm considering getting Full Throttle because I don't have that yet.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE: Sam & Max Hit the Road
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:43:07 AM »
I play this game every month...

...yes, it's my favorite game EVAH....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN