Author Topic: Zorro Coming to Wii  (Read 2491 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Zorro Coming to Wii
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »
The Spanish Fox is headed to a Wii console near you this Christmas.

In a rather low-key announcement, Zorro Productions revealed on their web site that there is a new Zorro video game in the works, and it's coming to Wii.    

Titled The Destiny of Zorro, the only thing that's known about the game is the pitch from the game's developer, Pronto Games:    

Pronto's game development strategy holds a core belief that video games should be small, fast and fun (SmaFF).  These elements almost match the character of Zorro himself, though to his adversaries, Zorro often appears larger than life.    

As a fight strategy or a game development strategy from Pronto, "instantly engaging" is key.  The Destiny of Zorro  embodies the Pronto strategy - gameplay is showcased first.  The visuals are high quality, as are the audio and storyline.  The game is easy to understand, with challenges for casual gamers but with an interest level that will attract hard core gamers, too.

Pronto's previous experience includes a few Game Boy Advance games and most recently, a Spongebob Squarepants game for the PC.  The Destiny of Zorro would be the first console game for the developer.    

The game is listed for a Christmas 2007 release.  We'll bring you more information on Destiny of Zorro as soon as we have it.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE:Zorro Coming to Wii
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:01:02 AM »
I like Zorro, but this is not an auspicious start.  Here's hoping.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Zorro Coming to Wii
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:04:33 AM »
Zorro! Yays!

...Spongebob? um...give it a chance?
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »
I want to be the first one to say it...

Pronto Games is the new n-Space.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »
I dunno those guys at Kotaku are weary of Pronto Games.  They said something about how they used to make Value Soft games.  Good luck to those guys though, maybe they can pull some good stuff like Kuju did with their first console game (Battallion Wars) after only making cell phone games.

Offline Saturn2888

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
Btw, there appears to be a spacing error between Zorro and Productions when I was viewing the article.
Only insanity brings perfection.