Author Topic: Gamer Law>Man Law  (Read 7449 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Gamer Law>Man Law
« on: December 19, 2006, 03:10:58 PM »
(Warning - Health and Safety:  Before playing, read the Gamer Law precautions booklet for important information about your health and safety.  Do not take laws into you own hands, please contact someone who cares.)

Gamer Law

I.  Continue Crooks - NO stealing continues unless given the okay, its not are fault u suck.  (WuTangTurtle)

II. TV J Walkers - Sufficient warning is always required before walking in between a gamer and the TV. NO EXCEPTIONS, that burning building can wait five seconds.  (Zach)

III.  Game Posers – Cheating to beat a game and then bragging that you beat it all by yourself is illegal and punished by the removal of one (1) finger, other than the thumb.  (Mr. Jack)

IV.  The O.C. – Online Cheaters (Counter-Strike) are punishable by death.  (Mr. Jack)

V.  Mario Bros. before Ho’s – Never let a girl come between you and video games; bitches come and go, but Mario is for life.  (vudu/matt oz)

VI.  Spoiler Alert! – Never assume a fellow gamer has reached the same point in the game you’re playing, EVER.  If you talk about a game avoid spoilers at all cost, especially for Zelda dammit).  (EasyCure)

VII.  Buzz Kill – Don’t pause a game without warning.  I don’t care if you don’t know the moves in a fighting game, DEAL.  It ruins the GOOD gamers flow when you have to pause and look at a skill/move list.  (EasyCure)
Clause - You must confirm that all players are ready to resume playing.  (18 Days)

VIII.  Controller Etiquette – Wash your hands between snack breaks if you’re using someone else’s controllers.  (EasyCure)

IX.  File Imposing – Never play someone else’s file and save your progress.  (EasyCure)

X.  Walkthrough Wussies – Don’t use a Walkthrough, power level in a RPG, or play on anything but hard mode and call a game easy—it makes people want to smack you.  (vudu)

XI.  Co-op not Counter-op – Example:  When playing Contra with two players co-ordinate your jumps during vertical platforming segments.  Continue Crooks get a waiver if they have been Counter-opted.  (Ian Sane)

XII.  Follow Through – If a friend talks you into buying a co-op game, they have to play it with you until it is beaten or you are sick of it.  Example: FF: Crystal Chronicles.  (ShyGuy)

XIII.  New Challenger - No whining that you don't want a challenger in Soul Calibur in the arcade when you're doing TEH CONQUEST mode! Go home and play Final Fantasy instead. :\  (S-U-P-E-R)

XIV.  No Means No! - When told u are not allowed to play without the Wii Strap on, u better obey or you will learn the hard way.  (WuTangTurtle)

XV.  Gamer Prejudice -  Don't bitch about a game you have never played, or seen outside of screenshots.  (nitsu niflheim)

XVI.  No Babysitting - (movies & books too)  If you ask to borrow it I expect you to use/watch/read/play it, If I wanted it to sit somewhere and collect dust, it could've stayed on/in the shelf/box that I had it on/in. Oh and don't let someone else borrow my stuff, I loaned it to you, not to them.  (BlackNMild2k1)

XVII.  You Break, You Buy - You shouldn't mishandle people's stuff, I mean how would you like it if your girlfriend mishandeld your B@lls?  You Break, You Buy. Period.  (BlackNMild2k1)
Clause - Payment should be original MSRP, or decided on in a peaceful manner.  (TVman)

XVIII.  Accept Inferiority -  No bitching or blaming glitches in a game when you lose to someone else. Accept your inferiority.  (Mr. Jack)

XIX.  Have Fun - Don't take things too seriously, MMORPG mass suicides are not cool.  Same thing applies to literally punching someone in Wii Boxing, although it may be fun...(WuTangTurtle)

XX.  Pack it in - When telling a friend you are bringing a console/handheld be sure to bring everything you need such as a AV cable or power supply.  Remember its not as fun imagining playing a video game....(WuTangTurtle)

XXI.  The Giver - Do not let anyone borrow a game unless, A) They are a friend, B) You get something to borrow of equal value, or C) They are in Nut Kicking distance on a daily or weekly basis.  If none apply you just gave somebody a free game, don't b!tch you were warned.  (Vudu)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Gamer Law>Man Law
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »
Man laws eh?  Never heard of 'em.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »
This sounds like Funhouse material. carry on.

edit: for Uncle Bob

Man Laws

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Gamer Law>Man Law
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »

Originally posted by: WuTangTurtle
I.  Continue Crook - NO stealing continues unless given the okay.  (Contra)
(above rule Also applies for team stock in SSBM)

II. Sufficient warning is always required before walking in between a gamer and the TV.  NO EXCEPTIONS, that burning building can wait five seconds.

GAMER LAW  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
lol, i didn't realize till now that the Funhouse is now called Grll gamers.  I'll post it in there instead.

Edit:  Disregard my message if the mods have moved this...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:11:01 PM »
Don't re-post it, it will get moved sometime tomorrow, I'm sure some mod will be right on it...

*checks watch*

*checks watch again*

yep, definately sometime tomorrow

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 01:39:24 AM »
Cheating to beat a game and then bragging that you beat it all by yourself is illegal and punished by the removal of one (1) finger other than the thumb.

Cheating in Counter-Strike is punishable by death. (That'll teach those a$$holes)
Check out PixlBit!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 06:50:41 AM »
Never let a girl come between you and video games; bitches come and go, but Mario is for life.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Never let a girl come between you and video games; bitches come and go, but Mario is for life.

mario bros before hos!
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 08:54:22 AM »
- never assume a fellow gamer has reached the same point in the game you're playing, EVER. if you talk about a game avoid spoilers at all cost (especially for zelda dammit)

- don't pause a game without warning. i dont care if you dont know the moves in a fighting game, DEAL. it ruins the GOOD gamers flow when you have to pause and look at a skill/move list.

- wash your hands between snack breaks if you're using someone elses controllers.

- NEVER play someone elses file and save your progress.  
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:18:12 AM »
Don't use a walkthrough and then complain that the game is too easy--it makes people want to smack you.

On a similar note, don't power level in an RPG and then complain that the game is too easy--it also makes people want to smack you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:44:21 AM »
When playing any Contra game with two players co-ordinate your jumps during vertical platforming segments.

When someone is playing a game don't just barge into the room they're in to ask or tell them something for they may be watching an unpauseable cut scene with information crucial to figuring out a later puzzle.  Though this is more of a rule for non-gamers living with a gamer, such as moms, girlfriends, moms, annoying little brothers, and moms.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:08:48 AM »
Ian has three mothers.

Gamer Law: If a friend talks you into buying a co-op game, they have to play it with you until it is beaten or you are sick of it.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 10:39:18 AM »
Damn u guys are quick.  Personally i like the "Mario Bros before hos!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Ian has three mothers.

Gamer Law: If a friend talks you into buying a co-op game, they have to play it with you until it is beaten or you are sick of it.
This is definately a good one, I second this one getting into the 'Gamer Law' books, especially if they hype the games multi-player aspects.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 04:17:03 PM »
- No whining that you don't want a challenger in Soul Calibur in the arcade when you're doing TEH CONQUEST mode! Go home and play Final Fantasy instead. :\

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 11:18:53 PM »
Suprised no mod has moved this yet.

No Means No! - When told u are not allowed to play without the Wii Strap on, u better obey or you will learn the hard way.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 03:41:15 AM »
Don't bitch about a game you have never played, or seen outside of screenshots.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 05:24:36 AM »

Originally posted by: WuTangTurtle
Suprised no mod has moved this yet.

No Means No! - When told u are not allowed to play without the Wii Strap on, u better obey or you will learn the hard way.

*looks at watch again*

Yeah, they are gonna move it.... any......minute..... now......

....or not.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 05:36:46 AM »
1) No Babysitting (this goes for movies & books too) - If you ask to borrow it I expect you to use/watch/read/play it, If I wanted it to sit somewhere and collect dust, it could've stayed on/in the shelf/box that I had it on/in. Oh and don't let someone else borrow my stuff, I loaned it to you, not to them.

2) You Break, You Buy - This should be known w/o having been said, but if I let you borrow something of mine that was working fine when I gave it to you, I expect it back in the same condition in which it left. If you come over and use something of mine, I expect you to respect my stuff and care for it as I would & only use it for its intended purposes. If you damage then you should fix or replace it, If I am not satisfied, then you should definately buy a NEW one. -Don't throw my controllers or games -Don't set my game disc on the carpet or table -Don't pretend you're a helicopter and swing my Wiimote around by the strap above your head. Thats how accidents happen.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 11:35:37 AM »
Let's try to keep these to a few sentences, otherwise I'll just edit them when i put them up on the list.  And if u want to put a nice little title for your law, it would be nice.  Plus I'm sure u guys can come up with better names than i could.  Thank u BlackNMild2k1 fo adding names, it saves me time

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 11:42:02 AM »
I saved you time on the names, but you spent it minimizing my speech/rant. Thanks! I just needed to get the whole point out, but I'm glad you put it in 30 words or less

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 02:53:13 PM »
This list makes me depressed to be a gamer....just like how everyone hates those man-law commercial.

Since when has gaming become anything more than entertainment? Where did all this seriousness come from?

That said, some of that sh#t really bothers.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »
A sub clause for VII Buzz Kill
You must confirm that all players are ready to resume playing.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 01:59:50 AM »
Here's a new one:

No bitching or blaming glitches in a game when you lose to someone else. Accept your inferiority.
Check out PixlBit!