Author Topic: "Too sensitive"  (Read 1106 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
"Too sensitive"
« on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »
From the very moment I started using the Wii, I've been impressed by the buttery smooth pointer functionality. I'd say it's the one aspect of the Wii controller that has proved itself completely. So...did Nintendo and other developers adjust pointer sensitivity after E3? Was the problem that reporters were forced to stand too close to the sensor bar? Or did everyone who played the Wii at E3 just suck?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: "Too sensitive"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 02:52:50 AM »
Might have been interference with all those controllers, lights, and Wiis close together.

Also, I think certain people are more demanding than others.  I've noticed issues with the motion control here and there, but my brain smooths the issues over pretty quick.  Like sword fighting in Zelda is pretty innaccurate: It reads horizontal swipes as vertical ones and vice-versa, and the horizontal swipes don't match the direction you swing in...but in the end, it still feels more like I'm really sword fighting than when I'm pressing the A button, you know what I mean?

I've heard a lot of complaints about Super Monkey Ball.  Have yet to play it though...actually I have yet to play much of anything.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX