Author Topic: Action Replay DS "non game" review  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Action Replay DS "non game" review
« on: November 23, 2006, 01:15:07 AM »
Action Replay is a name thats been around for years, and dantel have done it again releasing a great device preloaded with cheats and ability to download more? or is it
Sadly not

As soon as you install the driver, you will need to download up to 1.2, you then update your AR card's firmware
After this is all completed, you will then get a display of games... well sometimes, often it decides to show no codes
So after you have dumped the codes from there servers using there utility, you get to try it out
So you pop in your fav game, be it mario kart ds or castlevania
wait a sec why does it say unknown game? even if you choose the right region as displayed on the box and game cart
After testing just 3 games, i found it doesnt pick up "mario Kart DS PAL" or"new super mario brothers PAL"

So I dumped the Jpn and USA version over the PAL version, still doesnt work

Interface:
has a bunch of cute looking circles on screen, which can be choosen by your stylus or just dpading around them
you can choose to search for pc or go back to normal screen. If you are lucky enough to find a game it SUPPORTS
it will then bring up a greenbox that allows you to pick alot of cool codes.

Not supporting games released 6 plus months, is proberly the biggest dissapointment i could ever have
support for games is clearly not there even when listed

3/10

pro:
cheap
few "supported" games which it really does "support"

con:
Not picking up games
bulky
updating DS can take 5mins for 20games  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Action Replay DS "non game" review
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 09:21:20 AM »
Interesting.  I'm not that interested in these devices for cheating purposes, but sometimes they can allow some fun bugs in games.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX