Author Topic: Anyone have the "updated" NES and/or SNES?  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Coolj

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone have the "updated" NES and/or SNES?
« on: March 08, 2003, 03:30:29 PM »
If so, is anyone willing to sell it? I'm willing to pay around $200 for NES "2" and $300 for "SNES 2".

(First post in this forum, Woo, Yay me!)
Jose Liz
Editor-In-Chief
PGNx Media
myurl

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 06:12:35 PM »
Wait, there was an updated version of the SNES? I knew about the newer model NES (Top-loader) but a newer SNES? ME WANT!

But wow, you must really want them, judging by what you're willing to pay! Tried Ebay?

Offline Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 06:37:05 PM »
I do believe he is talking about the SNES jr. it rules, but Its not worth 300$, I would pay 50$ at best for a SNES jr, and it had better have 2 controlers. as to the NES even toploading NES not worth 200$, 60$, with 2 of the new style NES controlers. But if you have 500$ to blow, give it to me, I will have both the SNES and NES you request in 2 days. I'll keep the change as my finder's fee. I'll even throw in a copy of FF3(SNES, US.) and my famicom just cause you seem like a nice guy.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 01:47:36 PM »
When did a new NES/SNES be released? Is there an info on where I can pick one up?
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline AtomPowerd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 04:57:22 PM »
You know what? We have an SNES 2 at our local "It's About Games" store(or at least we did Saturday). I think it's $17.99.  If they still have it I could get it and send it to you. You'd have to pay for the system and the shipping, but I see no reason for you to have to pay any more than that.  I'm going out tomorrow (3/09), maybe I'll pick it up and hold it till you decide.  If you decide no, I'll just keep it. I broke my  SNES awhile back. Get back to me in this thread or e-mail me at shane@studioseraphim.com, maybe we can figure something out.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2003, 05:21:19 PM »
If you want to take a look at some pics of the top loading NES just click here. Also to take a gander at the second SNES model click here as well. The shot of the newer SNES model isn't as good as the top loading NES shot but it should do.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 05:32:27 PM »
My sister has one of the new SNES consoles, but I don't think it's for sale.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 12:50:43 PM »
I have the SNES 2, and it is definatly not for sale.  Especially not for such an outrageous offer, I would never trust that number.

Offline AtomPowerd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 01:28:49 PM »
Sorry man. Checked IAG and they've sold it already. Twas a nice dream.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 01:35:18 PM »
"I'm willing to pay around $200 for NES '2' and $300 for 'SNES 2'."

Until recently my local Toys 'R' Us had a couple brand new SNES 2's for sale for about $50.  They seem to have disappeared from the shelf though I imagine they're now in storage unless some nut bought all of them.  As far as I know the SNES 2 has no advantages over the original design and aside from appearence is indentical.  It would be a waste of time and money to seek one out and pay a ridiculous amount of money for it.

The NES 2 is a different matter though.  Most traditional front loading NES's don't work very well these days and that's due mainly to the front loading design.  I'm not sure what the exact problem it causes but I think it's because the game is inserted into the slot by a flap thingy instead of the user.  Naturally over time this flap thingy doesn't insert the games perfect everytime.  The top loading NES 2 however loads games in the same manner of the SNES and works quite consistently which is why they are in such high demand.  The controllers are also ergonomic which is a nice bonus.

If you really want an NES 2 check out Ebay.  I wouldn't waste any time looking for a SNES 2.  It's not really worth it unless you're a compulsive collector freak.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 03:40:50 PM »

As far as I know the SNES 2 has no advantages over the original design and aside from appearence is indentical.

It's missing the expansion ports on the bottom, which could be a minus if you ever get a chance to wander into Nintendo's vaults and borrow one of their CD-i compatible SNES CD prototypes for a few days to play those infamous Zelda games.

And it supposedly has a redesigned, more expensive, non-Sony sound chip that has some compatibility problems with some games.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi