Author Topic: Campus newspaper covers Wii  (Read 2152 times)

Offline 31 Flavas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Campus newspaper covers Wii
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
Heh, I looked at today's university newspaper and saw a little eyecatcher promo spot (for Wii / PS3) in the upper coner on the front page. I figured it was just going to be a tiny little blurb or something, buried deep in the paper, but it turns out it was pretty much the enitre top half of page 3. Also can't complain that the article was entirely about Wii. The PS3 only got a short 3 sentance blurb on the side.

Check it out: (Sorry I don't have a scanner...)

Photo of the article
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Campus newspaper covers Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:41:40 PM »
nice, if u can u should find a scanner at ur school.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
Sure, i'll see if I can't find a scanner some where. (By the way, this is Northern Illinois University. If anyone is wondering.)
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline raptorspike

• View Profile
RE:Campus newspaper covers Wii
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 03:15:42 PM »
HOLY CRAP! NIU is covering the Wii in their paper? I knew I should have gone there. the only way I could forsee my school paper having an article about the Wii is if I get off my lazy a$$ and write it myself!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:41:37 PM »
You read the campus paper... Wow... Here it is used only for packing material.  Its not very and inconsistent.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
RE:Campus newspaper covers Wii
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »
Eh... it's give or take here at NIU. The Northern Star interviewed me twice for the news articles, once just shortly after I got the Video Gamers Association, "Gaming Night", a console/handheld video game group, full recognition, and a second time for a 'Top 10' on video games.

But, NIU (more so the residence hall staff) pretty much killed off the group by making us jump through hoops and cut through red tape for room reservations after 11pm. Yet, over homecoming weekend, when security should be at its tightest, they let an unrecognized group of students/non-students to have a computer LAN party all weekend with no red tape.

So they like video games and they don't like video games, wtf?

Here is a link to the online version of today's article (Link) Edit: And a link to the PDF version of the article. (PDF Link)

Originally posted by: Ceric
You read the campus paper... Wow... Here it is used only for packing material.  Its not very and inconsistent.
On move in day, we used entire newspaper bundles (still tied up) as door stops. I only read today's newspaper because I saw a Wii and PS3 in a corner on the cover page.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »
31 - You go to NIU?  I grew up in De Kalb (where NIU is located, for anyone else who might care).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!