Author Topic: old school PGC... were you part of it?  (Read 5388 times)

Offline pimple

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
old school PGC... were you part of it?
« on: March 08, 2003, 06:04:32 AM »
hello.
i remember coming to planet gamecube when it was first released.
i even remember that the layout was mostly green! so one day, I
came to the forums and pointed out that the GCN was purple (indigo)
and the xbox was the green console... most people said the page
was cool anyway (and it was), but my thread was deleted within a
day! of course, much to my surprise the page was upgraded about
a month or so later, and this time the green was all gone.
that was actually pretty funny....

anyhoo, how long have you been coming to planet gamecube?
what's something they had back in the day, that they no longer
have? anything you miss?

thanks!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 08:18:57 AM »
I've been coming here since PlanetN2000. I visited the site multiple times every day, just like a do now. I remember when they redesigned the site and made it PlanetGamecube. I think it was on their first anniversary that Billy said they were closing PlanetN2000. I was so sad. Then, of course, it became PGC. You sly one, Billy.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 08:54:45 AM »
well these forums were once an opn2000 thing.,..they keep moving though. I was at pgc pretty much day 2. I ended up here because i followed the n64hq.com reuinion link.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 05:24:24 PM »
I started coming to PGC around Feb. 2001. Anyone want to see the old green PGC? If you do (who could resist) click here. The link will take you to the Feb. 2001 news archive but you can search around the place all you want. I also joined the forums around that time. For proof click here and look down to the third topic from the top. See who started it? GibdoMaster did. In other words me. Unfortunately you won't be able to check out the topic but oh well. If you want to check out the rest of the forums click here but the only topics you will be able to check out seem to be the General Chat topics. Weird.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 04:43:11 PM »
I was thinking about this very topic about a week ago and couldn't remeber what the site was called before it was Planetgamecube, even though I visited nearly everyday until it switched over.  I was visiting for about a month and a half when it was PlanetN2000.  That is really when I started getting into video games.  I can't believe I've been visiting this site for over 2 years.  I had signed up for the old forums, I think my name was "Zeldamstr" or "Zelda Master".  I never posted because it would never let me.  
it was time for a change.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 10:50:30 PM »
I think I started visiting here shortly before the change from PlanetN2000. It quickly became my homepage. Damn, it been 3 years already, my how PGC has grown.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 01:55:45 AM »
I wasn't a part of old school PGC. I wish I would have been, but didn't know about the site back then.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 06:43:50 PM »
"Rick says: With Sony making colossal missteps in the market, Sega out of the race, this war is going to come down to Microsoft v. Nintendo. Nintendo is an old-line company concentrating more on the games than the image. Microsoft is clearly attacking the former domain of Sony, the hip teen and young adult crowd. Plus, Microsoft has developers crawling over each other for a chance to develop for the machine.
Nintendo needs to get a clue, and quick. While they will always be a hit with the under 14 set, they NEED mainstream support if they want to erase the aura of failure surrounding the last project. X-Box will achieve a certain amount of success. Whether or not that success will be TOTAL is yet to be seen. Nintendo needs to execute on Gamecube."

He was absolutely right!! thats pretty crazy...

Anyways, I thought that I wasn't a part of the "oldschool" PGC but after going to the link with the green PGC sign I remembered that I used to visit the site when the website looked like that! It's pretty scary to think that i've been coming here for about 2-3 years.

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2003, 07:22:22 PM »
I used to be an AVID reader of Operation N2000. I've got myself in their mailbag a few times. I was never on their forums becuase I hated that whole "one giant thread" idea. I was also enjoying Planet N2000 (thanks to the link on OPN2K). After the OPN2K fnale, I read PN2K much more often. I got involved in the forum (despite the giant thread) and got involved heavily into the chat. I can also claim victory (and forever will gloat about it) for winning the very first ever Planet Trivia. Eventually I got noticed and joined the Planet N2000 staff sometime around September of 2000. So I've now been on staff for 2 and a half years. So yeah, I was part of the old school, and I'm a major part of the new school.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 02:43:33 AM »
I visited OPN2000 before the switch over, forgot the site for about a month, and then found PGC. I followed the forums from about December of 2001 and then in February joined.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 06:07:43 AM »
wow my first time visiting was about....8 months ago....well i had visited before, but never on a regular basis until july. i just wanted to be an informed consumer so i found a site that could do that. 1 year ago i didnt even know what a forum was! not nearly as impressive as u old timers.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Ðr. Worm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 05:08:09 PM »

Originally posted by: StrikerObi
I used to be an AVID reader of Operation N2000. I've got myself in their mailbag a few times. I was never on their forums becuase I hated that whole "one giant thread" idea. I was also enjoying Planet N2000 (thanks to the link on OPN2K). After the OPN2K fnale, I read PN2K much more often.

That forum was good fun to read every so often, but when it got to like 2mb worth of plain text it was a bit much
I never signed up because of that, and the completely wierd way of doing so. Something like, email a particular guy and then wait for a magic cucumber in the mail which would have inside it the first clue to finding the hidden location of your login details.

Edit: I spell teh badliest
How's my posting?
call 555-0524