Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49490 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
Best episode yet. I'm pretty hot for anything black and white. It was kinda like an episode of Lost with the focusing on select characters and the flashbacks and what not. But then it was kinda not at all like Lost because the story was progressed and things were revealed.  

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2007, 01:47:31 AM »
I wonder if Ando was sent by Hiro's father he was very reluctant to go at first, and he was always telling Hiro they should go back right until he wanted some tail. I can't wait to Hiro's progress with the sword.

They showed the back of Lindermans head in the preview and TiVo's info on the episode says Nathan and Linderman have a face to face meeting.  so he is an actual person.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2007, 06:38:15 AM »
Stupid TiVo...  Actually it be funnier if it was a title.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »
*smirk*, you guys are going to love the latest episode. I will refrain myself from posting spoilers until more of you watch it.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2007, 06:38:14 PM »
Yes, linderman is an actual person; he's going to be played by Malcolm McDowell a.k.a. Alex DeLarge in 'A Clockwork Orange'....I really hope he's the evil bastard I'm expecting him to be; the man seems to have a hand in everything, godfather style
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »
I'm about to watch Heroes now. All of you downloaders out there is is up on torrent right now. I suggest you get to it

OMG @ the ending of this episode. Now I can't wait to see what happens next episode....
too bad that won't be for another 5 weeks

*SPOILER ALERT*
There is some serious ownage going on in this episode
listed in order:
Sylar = owned by Mohinder
The Haitian = owned by Claire
Artifact Inspector = owned by Ando
FBI = owned by Jessica
Mohinder = owned by Sylar
Heroine = owned by The Painter
Bennett(HRG) = owned by The Company
The Sword = owned by Hiro
NYC = owned by Nuclear Bomb
Claire = owned by The Haitian
*Grandma's calling the shots!!??*
Jessica = owned by Nikki
Nathan = owned by Linderman
Peter = owned by Sylar

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2007, 03:05:24 AM »
Like BNM said, their is some serious ownage.
I really liked seeing Sylar being pawned by a cup of tea, that was histerical.
I really don't think that Peter got seriously owned, he has the healing power and he also has powers that Sylar can be easily defeated right now, however I think that the invisibility won't work on Sylar's hearing power, but I do think that if Peter can use his Space/Time powers then he is safe.
I wonder if we will see Linderman showing his power or if we will see him as someone that wants to get his own power even though he is a normal human.
Ando's entrance was awesome, I never saw it coming, kudos to Ando and also for Hiro now that he has the kensei katana, and he looked like he meant buisness this time that he saw the desolated New York city.
That woman that I think is hot, she's got some nasty wicked power, and to boot her personality works perfectly with it, she's a freak of a bitch.
I wonder if Mrs.Pettreli has any power of her own.
I didn't like the fact that Sony got their mitts in this episode...Nintendo get your Wii in this show.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2007, 03:30:53 AM »

I didn't like the fact that Sony got their mitts in this episode...Nintendo get your Wii in this show.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Heavenly Sword(PS3) was shown off in this episode and and it looked like one of those fake games you see in movies and T.V. shows. Really good almost fake looking graphics, no real or believeable gameplay.

Oh and Peter did get owned, even if it ends up being only temporary. He did lose a lock of hair and this is most-likely where he gets the scar that "Future Hiro" was refering to.
And about Isaac (The Painter) Do you think he just painted his own death. Remember Hiro already saw him dead, and Sylar already has his Ph # and address

Too bad for the 5 week break till the last 5 episodes though. Atleast the final episode of Chapter 1 is two hours long.    

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2007, 04:08:54 AM »
Hmm...well Peter can't be that owned. It may well be possible that Sylar won't be able to figure out how Peter ticks because he's so different., and we also know that he's obviously not going to die here... I'm lovin' the grandma and Missy Peregrym's character - really hot and really bitchy. I'm also disappointed by Lindermann's appearance a tad. Otherwise though, I'm looking forward to finding out how the season wraps up...
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:29 AM »
The next episode is in 5 weeks? Darn...well I guess I will only be watching Rome and Stargate SG-1.

I think that even though Isaac painted his own death and so now he knows, I'm guessing he is going to let himself die because he killed Simone.

How can Peter have a scar if he can heal himself?  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »
Maybe Sylar steals his healing ability.

Also, can anyone make a complete list of Peter and Sylar's abilities?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2007, 05:31:05 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy

Also, can anyone make a complete list of Peter and Sylar's abilities?
We can try, I'll start;

Peter: Power Absorbtion
Time Manipulation - Future Hiro
Healing Factor - Claire
Invisibility - Invisible man
Telekenisis - Sylar
Flight - Nathan Petrelli
Precognitive Painting
*might also have: Cryokinesis & Photographic Memory*

Sylar: Visual Dissection (knowing how things work by looking at them)
Telekenisis(when focused is a laser finger)
Arctic Freeze(Cryokinesis)
Super Hearing
Liquification
Photographic Memory

Sylar eventually has the power to paint the future and Peter eventually meets Nuclear man.
Peter will also eventually have everything on Sylar's list too, since he is in close proximity with Sylar.
And if Sylar manages to get into Peter's brain, Sylar will also have everything on Peter's list too.  

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2007, 06:57:19 AM »
Caliban:  The same way you can have a scar even though you can heal yourself.  Some damage even with semi-immediate healing is going to leave a mark of some sort. I'm sure the catorization(sp?) did help any in that regards.

Sylar also has laser finger.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:26 AM »
Ceric: Then why doesn't Claire have scars all over her body?

Peter can paint the future.
Sylar, in the early episodes, did he not have super-speed and an ice ability too?

Edit

Wiki to the rescue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar . How could I have forgotten about memory-woman, sheesh.

Also, Peter can read minds too.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2007, 08:17:55 AM »
True.  I guess in the end it will probably be explained as Peter doesn't get a perfect copy.  Much like copying anything else.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2007, 08:54:05 AM »
I thought Heavenly Sword was some fake rip off of God of War. Same art style, same timed button presses, etc.

And why is there a SECOND stupidly long break for this show? Does NBC hate me?  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd

That's how long it takes for that lock to grow back on Peter. /sarcasm

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2007, 09:19:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Caliban

Originally posted by: TrueNerd

That's how long it takes for that lock to grow back on Peter. /sarcasm

Yeah I really hate these mid-mid season breaks, which is why I wish more shows would do what Lost or 24 does, where they either play all the episodes consecutively or at the very least have only 1 mid season break!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
They keep referring to the "final episodes" even though it's been picked up for a second season.  Is the second "season" consisting of the "final episodes" after this five-week break, or will each season deal with a different set of people and/or different scenarios?

As I said before, I love the show, but I don't want it to drag too long.

Also, how necessary are the webisode comics?  I only read one.  Supposedly the wi-fi woman does a whole lot there; in the show, she only had two very brief appearances.  I was wondering why she wasn't with Matt and Ted when they stormed the Bennet home, and where she is now.

Shapeshifter lady reminds me of Hilary Swank... EDIT: Supposedly she's more of an illusion-creator than a shapeshifter, my bad.  I didn't notice that she supposedly hid Simone's body briefly.  Also, I missed the "helix symbol" arranged in rocks on a table when Ando and Hiro were blocking the door.  Guess I shouldn't be building up EXP in Final Fantasy VI Advance while watching TV.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »
I'm guessing the overarching plot of the second season is going to be something besides New York blowing up.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »

I'm also disappointed by Lindermann's appearance a tad.

I dunno. Malcolm McDowell is no Sir Ian McKellen, but he's still pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Heavenly Sword(PS3) was shown off in this episode

Man, I wasn't really interested in Heavenly Sword before, but, now that I know it's the game of choice for multiple personality disorder afflicted psycho killers...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »
Each season will deal with a different set of people and different scenarios. Some of our favorite characters might not survive this season and others may have cameo or guest star appearances in the next season. Mohinder said that there are people all over the world. So I expect someone to still be hunting them down (The Company, Mohinder, Sylar or even Peter).

As for the second season break, I hear its because this show is taking really long to film episodes(2 weeks*) and they are trying to not make the special effect look too cheesy(like the melting stuff fx).

*2 weeks filming an episode must mean really high production values. Most shows that only last an hour wrap up for post-production after about 4-7 days from what I hear.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Each season will deal with a different set of people and different scenarios. Some of our favorite characters might not survive this season and others may have cameo or guest star appearances in the next season. Mohinder said that there are people all over the world. So I expect someone to still be hunting them down (The Company, Mohinder, Sylar or even Peter).

As for the second season break, I hear its because this show is taking really long to film episodes(2 weeks*) and they are trying to not make the special effect look too cheesy(like the melting stuff fx).

*2 weeks filming an episode must mean really high production values. Most shows that only last an hour wrap up for post-production after about 4-7 days from what I hear.

Doesn't Lost take quite awhile to shoot? I know each episode is dang expensive!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:31 AM »
Wow what an episode.

Unfortunately circumstances did not allow me to watch the episode until just now.

This isn't the first time Hiro has gone to an apocolyptic future, perhaps he can still go back and save everyone? Or perhaps the show will just pick up from Hiro's current storyline, that would be pretty awesome.

I'd be disapointed if subsequent seasons didn't deal with at least some of the main characters of this season (mainly, Claire, Peter, Hiro, and Nathan). If the Petrelli mom has powers, then it is likely that Linderman also does. So far everyone with powers has been below in Nathan and Peter's generation or younger. Perhaps Linderman really is Peter and Nathan's (or even just Nathan's) father and that's how she knows so much(and how their children and grandchildren have powers, but then do Nathan's legitimate children also have powers? We haven't seen them in awhile). Maybe the Petrelli mom is working against Linderman with her own organization! Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I want this show to go on forever. Can no one see the potential of differing plots? Why does it all have to be about New York City blowing up? Is NYC the only major city in the world? Are there no other problems that can be faced? Can no new powers be created, the potential for a show like this is nearly limitless. As long they continue to do things in the manner in which they are currently doing them I see no reason for the show to continue until the inevitably "jump the shark". This is just like X-Men, what if they had decided oh well they stopped Apocalypse, let's stop now. No Phoenix saga, and all the other amazing things that took place during the series, people coming from the past and future to effect differnt mutants in various manners engaging in different arcs and stories all entertaining and flowing nicely within the main story.

I'm with the thought that Peter won't be able to completely to heal the wound that Sylar is about to give him, perhaps because of the intensity of it, or merely because Sylar will be able to do something to prevent him from healing it. I'm hoping for a showdown of the proportions of the nuclear episode with Claire having to inject the nuclear dude with the tranquilizer. I don't mind the breaks too much as long as they result in the break between seasons being shorter, giving the series a more continuous feeling.

As for the PS3 showing up, not surprising. They showed the original Gameboy then the PS3. Hiro and Ando were driving a Nissan Versa, the Haitian and Claire were in a Saturn Ion. Different sponsors get different things I suppose.

Edit: Clarified a thought.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »
I didn't even realize they were playing a real game...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.