Author Topic: Did anyone get EGM yet?  (Read 6829 times)

Offline BoMbErMaN123

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« on: March 04, 2003, 05:29:17 PM »
I still havent gotten the April issue of EGM. I would like to know if anyone else has, and if you have please tell me when you got it. Thanks
". . . And you shall shed tears of scarlet." Vicious, Cowboy Bebop

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 06:25:49 PM »
I got mine surprisingly early this month!

I got it around march 26-29th.   Maybe because i live in California???
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 06:19:55 AM »
My friend got one and I read it. In the April edition, they always have an april fool's trick. Was the april fool's trick the one with the code for dead or alive volleyball?  
Animal Crossing info:
Name: (space)Adam
Town: Animtown

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 07:28:22 AM »
how the heck did you get it on March 26-29.  For one, last i checked it was march 5, and there's not even 29 days in february this year.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline Cashcow

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 09:22:19 AM »

I got it around march 26-29th.   Maybe because i live in California???

That's funny, I didn't know Californians could travel through time. Or maybe I'm mistaken. Hmmm...
<(0_________o)>

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 02:36:43 PM »
In response to the question about the april fools joke, i think it was dead or alive beach volleyball code.  i havent actually played the game and tried out the code, but there is code for see-though swimsuits.

See through swimsuit:
Play as a girl with the Gimlet (Helena), Emu (Leifang), Carnelian (Christie) or another suit with a transparent part. Also wear a transparent visor. Go to the pool and allow your girl to lay on the chair until the menu disappears. Move the camera so that you are looking at the girl's body through the visor. The swimsuit will not be visible through the visor, but the girl's skin will. Small stars can be seen censoring her body. Each girl's stars appears different.

Since there are censor stars here, it would seem kind of foolish that there would not be any on topless mode like EGM said.  I swear i got this code from somewhere else, im not perverted or anything like that to actually play this game.  I swear.  I mean, honestly, who actually plays it for the intense volleyball action?  
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 03:45:56 PM »
k i meant february something.  and forget about the 29th day.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 06:27:42 PM »
hahahaha and was that code real, or an april folls joke?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 05:27:09 AM »
the code that i posted is real, but im pretty sure the topless mode in EGM is an april fools joke.  But i'm not totally sure.  Did anyone try the code in there?
- General George Patton

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2003, 11:56:40 AM »
It's fake.  I can tell.

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 03:44:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm 99% sure that this code is fake.  Some of the things that you have to do sound kind of wierd and strange.  but if some of you actually want to try the code, here it is:
1.  Start a new save file with any girl and pick your partner as Lisa
2.  Travel only to island locations with no other people.  As soon as you arrive, exit the area.  At the end of the first day, you are forced to play volleyball.  ASAP hit pause and choose "Give Up"
3.  From day two onward, keep going to island locations with no other people and exiting the areas quickly.  End each day by sleeping.
4.  Do this for all 14 days and let the end credits roll without even playing any volleyball.
5.  Now you go back to the save file and make sure it has a time of 0:13 or less.  (I'm assuming that they meant 13 min. but it never really specifically says.  Then EGM goes on to say that you activated topless mode, woohoo, etc, etc.)
6.  Now you continue that save file with any girl.
7.  Open up the item screen, go to the swimsuits, press the Y button on an already equipped suit, and "W" (wear) will change to "T" (topless).  Note: This only works with two piece suits Im assuming since it is only topless.
8.  Now when you start the game, all competitiors in two piece suits will be topless (or so it says).

Let me know if it worked for you (if you even want to try it).  Idk, the two sets of guns in the magazine look kinda similar to me.  Anybody else see this?  
- General George Patton

Offline nintendofan

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 01:12:06 PM »
i bought it from the store and it says april but it is always one month ahead, they wanted to do that. i think the code was real because it is actually the march issue,it just says april. the may issue is going to have the joke. get it?

Offline FFantasyFX

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2003, 09:04:15 PM »

Originally posted by: nintendofan
i bought it from the store and it says april but it is always one month ahead, they wanted to do that. i think the code was real because it is actually the march issue,it just says april. the may issue is going to have the joke. get it?

Nope, because every year we have the usually whiners and complainers in the June issue moaning about the fact that EGM plays its April Fool's Joke one month early.  EGM has its April Fool's Joke in the April issue even if the April issue comes out in late February/early March.  And, I'm pretty sure the DOA:X Volleyball code is the culprit this year.  Although, I'll bet my bottom dollar that EGM will get at least one ignorant fool to write in a letter who thinks that the GBA SP is the April Fool's joke.  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 12:15:26 AM »

I got it around march 26-29th. Maybe because i live in California???

Or maybe because your from the future Anyways, are you people talking about the same magazine that only gave Wind Waker a 10,10,9.5! I spit of thier crappy mag, 9.5 my ass...

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
Did anyone get EGM yet?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 06:53:41 PM »
Good grief, man!  Relax!  If that is Hsu's opinion then that is his opinion.  Anyone who has played the game would know how great the game really is.
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!