Author Topic: Nintendo Fusion Tour Dates Revealed  (Read 9275 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Nintendo Fusion Tour Dates Revealed
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »
What's this?  A sneak peek at the Wii?

NINTENDO NEWS: NINTENDO ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR FUSION TOUR    

July 28, 2006 - The Nintendo Fusion Tour promises to be one of the hottest tickets of the year. The cross-country tour, produced by Live Nation, will be headlined by Hawthorne Heights and will include up-and-comers like Relient K, Emery, Plain White T's and The Sleeping. In addition, each location will showcase the best new and upcoming Nintendo games, including a sneak peek at Nintendo's amazing Wii console.    

The tour schedule is below. Information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date information about the Nintendo Fusion Tour, log onto nintendofusiontour.com.    

Sept. 27 Columbus, Ohio
 Sept. 28 Indianapolis
 Sept. 29 Detroit
 Sept. 30 Cleveland
 Oct. 1  Covington, Ky.
 Oct. 4  Philadelphia
 Oct. 5  Worcester, Mass.
 Oct. 7  Pittsburgh
 Oct. 8  New York
 Oct. 9  Norfolk, Va.
 Oct. 10  Winston-Salem, N.C.
 Oct. 11  Myrtle Beach, S.C.
 Oct. 12  Orlando, Fla.
 Oct. 13  Atlanta
 Oct. 14  Jacksonville, Fla.
 Oct. 15  Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
 Oct. 17  Jonesboro, Ark.
 Oct. 18  New Orleans
 Oct. 19  Houston
 Oct. 20  Dallas
 Oct. 22  Phoenix
 Oct. 24  Anaheim, Calif.
 Oct. 25  Los Angeles
 Oct. 26  San Francisco
 Oct. 27  San Diego
 Oct. 28  Las Vegas
 Nov. 2  Spokane, Wash.
 Nov. 4  Denver
 Nov. 5  Kansas City, Mo.
 Nov. 6  St. Paul, Minn.
 Nov. 7  St. Louis
 Nov. 8  Milwaukee
 Nov. 9  Des Moines, Iowa
 Nov. 10 Champaign, Ill.
 Nov. 11 Chicago

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Fusion Tour Dates Revealed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »
I live near Seattle, Washington. Being 15 years old and without a license, I would have to have one of my parents drive me across the state to attend. I do not see why Nintendo would choose Spokane versus the highly-populated Seattle area (which Nintendo is located in). I guess they wanted to choose a location that would be within resonable distance for multiple states. Still, I don't think I will be making it. Here's to hoping Wii will be released before November 2nd.
Thanks for listening.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »
friday night in detroit, I think I just may be there.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:20:10 PM »
Damn Nintendo for choosing such craptastic bands for their Fusion Tour, now even the Wii isn't enough to make me show up.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
RE:Nintendo Fusion Tour Dates Revealed
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
Damn, I knew this would happen. The closest they are coming to me is New York City, which is a 6 1/2 drive away. Guess the only chance I will get to try the Wii is when the kiosks start appearing.

Why can't Nintendo bring their promo events to Buffalo? That would only be an hour away from me.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Famicom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 01:37:54 PM »
Gah. Why Chicago last??? I'd think kiosks would be in Best Buy or Walmart by then.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
No Love for Tennessee.  Also I was hoping for the Kiosk to start in September since they are so big on that you have to play it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack
Damn Nintendo for choosing such craptastic bands for their Fusion Tour, now even the Wii isn't enough to make me show up.

my sentiments exactly.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »
Anyone ever been to one of these?

How easy is it to just try the games and avoid the emo squad?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »
I posted this in the other Fusion Tour thread this morning, but I'll post it here too

"Do they usually complete tours before system launches, or would they launch during a tour?"

That could be the clue we are all looking for towards when the Wii will launch.  

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
Well, it's comming to New Orleans. If the Wii isn't out by then I'll try to go, but then again it's a wednesday. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 03:59:46 PM »
ugh, I'd have to drive all the way out to philidelphia.  I would be there if it came to DC or Baltimore.  Oh well.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 04:00:26 PM »
Spo-Compton. Oh snap. I will be checking this out unless the Wii has already launched by 11/02. That way I can skip the emo music. Although Relient K isn't bad.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

How easy is it to just try the games and avoid the emo squad?

Depends on the location I would presume.

I remember the fusion tour before the DS launch.  There was one Nintendo DS behind glass.  I bet the same for Wii.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »
Here in Canada we get nothing and continue to suck our thumbs waiting patiently (not really) for the Wii launch.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky I remember the fusion tour before the DS launch.  There was one Nintendo DS behind glass.  I bet the same for Wii.

Umm, f*ck that, then. I'll wait for the kiosks to come out in stores.

I remember that, around the time of Cube Club, the kiosks WERE arriving in stores for the Cube so I expect the same for the Wii, if not sooner because this system, as Nintendo thankfully realizes, needs to be played to be understood.

I can only imagine that they'd look to get kiosks set up ASAP so they can start collecting Wii preorders in all stores. If they release the Wii SKU at the same time as the kiosks, they could probably break the preorder records.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 07:21:35 PM »
Who's down for Nintendo Power Tour revival?! That is still (Until I get to go E3 I'd wager) the best videogame related event of my life. I must have played SMB3 like...4 hours that day. I rememebr my cousin winning a poer pad 100M Dash race against someone and getting something (A T-Shirt probably, memory isn't 100% clear). I will nevr forget that day as long as I live. Even if it's just one memory of that day I will latch to it..

Ah...it was wall to wlal games. If I knew then what I know now...I would have freaking cried! POWER TOUR 07 NINTENDO! WE REMEMBER!
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Neodymium

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
I don't care if it's in Cleveland and Columbus and Pittsburgh.. the music is too terrible to justify a trip to get a "sneak peek" at Wii before its launch.

Why can't Nintendo have a power metal tour?
The Mighty Pirate formerely known as PS2stinks..

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »
Cube Club was a big let down.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Cube Club was a big let down.

All I wanted from Cube Club was the chance to play SSBM and I got that.

If this Fusion Tour doesn't even offer the chance to play the games, there's absolutely no point.

Oh, and considering the demographic which will be at these concerts, Nintendo should introduce the razorblade game where you use the Wiimote to slash your wrists.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »

Originally posted by: MarioAllStar
I live near Seattle, Washington. Being 15 years old and without a license, I would have to have one of my parents drive me across the state to attend. I do not see why Nintendo would choose Spokane versus the highly-populated Seattle area (which Nintendo is located in). I guess they wanted to choose a location that would be within resonable distance for multiple states. Still, I don't think I will be making it. Here's to hoping Wii will be released before November 2nd.

You could just visit NOA HQ. The only difference is that it would be all videogames, and no crappy bands. And that they'd more likely toss you off the property than let you in (just like a REAL club).
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 03:04:21 AM »

Gah. Why Chicago last??? I'd think kiosks would be in Best Buy or Walmart by then.

Agreed : (

Yes, am I the only one that has lol?  I went when they had a decent band called My Chemical Romance :P.  The way it runs is that they have two main large rooms.  One for gaming and the other a Concert hall.   In the gaming room it was like a mini E3 there were cube kiosks everywhere filled with some of the best Nintendo Party games I.E. Smash, Fzero, Mario Kart, etc etc.  There were Nintendo Booth babes carrying strap on GBA's offering you to take them on in random games that were coming out that christmas season.  AND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY at the top of a large stair case in a glass case with a spotlight on it was the DS.  This was the september before the DS launch.  I will never forget the Nintendo rep asking me about the Ds and I could name all of its specs, date, and all of its functions.  They were completely blown away because they did not even know about it, which indeed saddens me.  . . . WHY DOES NINTENDO HIRE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THEM YET DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THEIR OWN FREAKIN PRODUCTS. . .  Any of us could do a damn better job.   But anywhoo back to the concert thing, you are free to go between rooms at all times saving you from listening to any band you rather avoid which in this case might be ALL of them . : (  I had no problem goin from game to game YET you guys might since it is a Wii event.  I am sure people are going not even for the bands and just wanting a chance to play wii, regardless tho the positive thing here is that it wont be E3 like lines.

Do not forget to ask the PR people for free Nintendo stuff they usually are giving it out .  

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »
Darkheart said it.  PGC people should stock Nintendo events.   I drop my job to go touring for a while.

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 12:53:07 PM »
If the system indeed launches in October, it'd probably hit my city, Houston, well after the fact...

Unless they show demos of some games that wont be releasing of the time, Smash Bros. Brawl is a possibility...
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »
I almost went to the last fusion tour just to play Zelda again...  Then I saw the tickets were 50 bucks.  Eesh.

Also, the system is going to launch in November.

I will remain on this campaign until they annouce the actual launch date and prove me right

:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 05:19:42 PM »
eh.... i dunno about this tour. i'd love to go if there was any chance to play Wii games, even if it was simple demos. if all they do is a Wii behind a glass case then i'll pass. the money isnt the issue cuz my job can reinburst me for concert tickets, and location isnt either since getting to nyc only takes about a half hour.

i wish they would just tell you if the wii will be playable or not. i hate this "sneak peak" crap. even if you hate emo as much as you say you do (and im with you on that one) you know you couldnt resist playing wii games before launch. the only issue would be money for some of you if that were the case.

just imagine how much more revenue they'd create if they marketed the tour towards the gamer population with "COME AND TRY Wii BEFORE IT LAUNCHES. PLAYING = BELIEVING", as well as an emo concert for emo kids. besides, i'd imagine it hard to play any video games with tears in your eyes, hair in your face and slit wrists
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
Ugh, a Monday in October?  I have classes.  I hope by October they have them out to play anyway, seeing as "Playing is Believing."  Failure to do as much would be pretty stupid on Nintendo's part; it would be undermining their very slogan!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure i wish they would just tell you if the wii will be playable or not. i hate this "sneak peak" crap. even if you hate emo as much as you say you do (and im with you on that one) you know you couldnt resist playing wii games before launch. the only issue would be money for some of you if that were the case.

Same.

I'm betting that we'll see Wii kiosks as early as Sept so it makes this tour a moot point for me.

And Wii kiosks will CERTAINLY be in stores by Oct 5th when it the tour comes to Boston so I'd just as soon play it in stores than endure emo nonsense.

Also, the system is going to launch in November.

You have an NDA signed, a leak, or are you just really confident about this?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 05:04:43 AM »
Man, I knew this owuld be a mistake now that I'm staff.  I don't know anything.  I'm just basing it off of the facts that are out there.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »
Fair enough. I just think that most people agree that launching too close to the PS3 and allowing it to steal some of the Wii's thunder would be an incredibly idiot mistake.