Author Topic: Yay! No more Discover Card!  (Read 3635 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Yay! No more Discover Card!
« on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:33 AM »
Whoo!  By the end of the day (when my payment goes through) my Discover Card will be paid off!  Whoo!  Only two more cards to go!  Yay!

You know, Nintendo... If I didn't keep spending my money on your crap, I could use that money to help pay off my credit cards.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Yay! No more Discover Card!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:54:52 AM »
You paid your Discover off at Sears right right....
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »
Eh?  no, I paid it online....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »
I have 4 credit cards so I spread my stuff around.  I know when the periods start and end and use that to my advantage when I order stuff.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Yay! No more Discover Card!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 07:33:36 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Whoo!  By the end of the day (when my payment goes through) my Discover Card will be paid off!  Whoo!  Only two more cards to go!  Yay!

I share this same joy with you as of yesterday afternoon. After I forget how many years I finally paid off my Discovercard and my American express (well there is less that $50 on either so its close enough) & today I paid off John Muir.

Now I only have two more cards and Toyota to go!!!! I finally feel like I am making progress, it is such a good feeling.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 08:58:36 PM »
i paid off my house in only a few hours!!!

but im talking about animal crossing. i don't have any credit cards because i'd be too afraid of buying every nintendo product put in front of my face.

congrats to both of you, i could probably never do what you've done
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:18 PM »
Yeah, Paying off credit cards is great. I subscribe to the Dave Ramsey method of personal finance.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 05:38:29 AM »
I listen to Mr. Ramsey... but I don't follow his advice as much as I should.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 05:39:48 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Yeah, Paying off credit cards is great. I subscribe to the Dave Ramsey method of personal finance.
What is this method of personal finance that you speak of?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »
Dave Ramsey is a radio host and author, he wrote a book called Financial Peace.

Let's see if I can remember it all. basically, you go through several steps.

1.You get mad enough to do something about it.
2.You put away enough money for an emergency fund.
3.You start paying as much as possible on your highest interest rate debt, paying minimum on the other debts.
4. After you pay off one debt, you move on to the next one in priority list, and repeat step 3.
5. Eventually you get it down to the largest debt (mortage, student loan) and you put all your payment money towards it.
6. After you are debt free, you save cash to make your other purchase, rather than putting them on credit cards or taking out a loan.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 07:14:30 AM »
He gives good advice but I can't really stand the man sometimes.  He just reminds me of Televangelists to much.  If you want to get out of debt his steps are about as good as any.  It makes sound sense and it's been proven.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »
He sounds the same as Suze Orman.  She expounds the same advice as every other financial "expert," but since she's charismatic and somewhat attractive, she gets TV shows and infomercials and Emmys and everything.  (Supposedly, she's the most powerful lesbian in New York, but I don't know if that's true).

Anyway, I only have one credit card, with a rather low credit line, and I pay off my balance in full every month.  I've never once paid any interest on anything I've bought, which is good for me, but bad for the CC company, because they don't make any money from me.  But they keep raising my limit in the hopes that I'll spend more and more.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »
They make money off of you.  When you pay for something with a credit card MC and Visa take something like 1.9% off the total.  Discover takes slightly less, if memory serves.  American Express takes more (which is why lots of stores don't take American Express).

So they make money off of you; just not as much as if you had to pay interest.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »
I get money back from the CC company.  They're probably still making a profit in the end, but whatever, I love that money back card.  My only debt is my big 'ol mortgage.

Edit: Congratulations Unclebob!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »
They wouldn't have those cash-back programs if they didn't make money off of them.  Those programs are to encourage you to make all your purchases with the card so that they'll get more money from transaction fees.