Author Topic: 10 August  (Read 4836 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
10 August
« on: July 04, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »
Mark that day on your calendar, it's when the PS2 port of Melty Blood: Act Cadenza gets released in Japan.

*wants*

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:10 August
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 06:13:55 PM »
I think my cousin had the original on his computer, I don't know why. But I enjoyed it.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
RE: 10 August
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »
Melty Blood started as a PC game and got an add on, Act Cadenza is the arcade version, which has improvements over the PC game. Also most importers don't carry PC games so this is the first chance to import it.

Offline Hocotate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:58:44 AM »
I've had my eye on this for a looooong time. It seems all I ever play anymore are 2D fighters and Nintendo games.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:06:56 AM »
From the main page of that website this looks like a bazaar fighter (possible nudity?).

And what kind of name is Melty Blood?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:30:54 AM »
No nudity, I think the game the characters are from (Tsuki Hime) had nudity but there's none of that in Melty Blood. Never mind that Sony wouldn't allow that on the PS2.

I don't know what a bazaar fighter is supposed to be. :weirded out:

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 04:38:53 AM »
I love 2D fighters.  This game has me excited...except that it is on PS2.  :^(  

My favorite all time fighter is Street Fighter 3.  Perfect Animation, and the gameplay is balanced and simple.

But there is so much other there I know I haven't tried.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 04:57:32 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
I don't know what a bazaar fighter is supposed to be. :weirded out:

Thanks for pointing out that I can't spell...

I meant bizarre...
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
oohhhh.....a Tsukihime fighting game....seems interesting and pretty strange...I'll have to convince a friend to get this one XD
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 08:45:10 AM »
Where can I download the Tsukihimie fighting game?  I tried doing a search for it...and I guess it isn't out yet.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »
Erm, you realize that Melty Blood is the Tsuki Hime fighting game?

There used to be a demo for both Melty Blood and the ReAct addon (one featuring Arcueid vs. Sion, the other being Arcueid vs. Ciel) but I can't find links for them now. The link I had in the conversation with the guy who requested the Sion model for UT2004 no longer works, either.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 11:41:54 AM »
umm..  I guess the obvious answer is no I didn't realize that.  

Thanks for the help...I will continue searching.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
Sounds like a good game, but it's the dumbest name I've heard in a long time.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 12:51:41 PM »
August 11th is when DragonForce plays in Atlanta, GA.

whooo!
I'll shut up now...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 04:42:15 AM »
13 August and it still says "on preorder"...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 12:28:13 AM »
I just got my copy. But the DVD necessary for playing imports stopped working somehow after I started it once (this was the first time I used that DVD). Great...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 04:09:34 AM »
Hm, seems to be working on and off, worked once again and not after.

Either way, enough about my problems, the game's just what you'd expect from the name. At least if you know the previous games :p. If you're worried about Aoko being playable, don't be, she got a heavy nerf and no longer shoots barrages of projectiles with every attack. Story mode is gone, each character has only one character specific boss now (at stage 5) and bosses no longer have infinite Heat, probably to prevent them from spamming supers. I played through it once starting with Aoko and after losing continued and switched to Kohaku (which reset me to stage 1 I think). The game ended with White Len, who got a few new tricks up her sleeve so she's no longer just a recolor of Len with infinite Heat, at stage 10 and I got the ending (in ReAct you only get the ending if you play through on one credit and beat Aoko in the end). Kohaku's mid-boss isn't Arc-Neco this time which I'm gratious for. No idea where Arc-Neco went, possibly either the one-credit ultimate boss or unlockable, in the latter case I'd hope for a nerf, in the former I'd say that's a perfect fit.

There's a couple new stages like Satsuki's stage abandoned factory, Kouma's stage burning forest and "Dr. Kohaku's lab" (not the underground lair) where she's building all those robot clones of her sister (and appropriately the stage you fight Mech-Hisui on). Not that stages influence the gameplay but at least they make nice backgrounds and come with their own music. Blood Heat seems to last longer and is now triggered with A+B+C (L1 by default) instead of down, down, down, D. There's some new features like the circuit spark but I have yet to find out what that does.

The AI now tries a throw opening, i.e. if both players are too close when the match starts it'll try to grab and throw you, with more characters (previously only did so with the smaller characters) so keeping a minimum distance is advisable now. That AI's got some mean reflexes.

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 06:55:12 AM »
I still need to get this game... but I still need KOFXI as well >< And Wii is right around the corner..... so many games all coming at me at once...
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that it seems to have gotten a graphical downgrade in places, some of the background effects have gone AWOL like the waving of the grass in Classic (Aoko's stage) and the vortex on Sabbath. The smoke effects for Kohaku somehow look worse and have 16bit banding effects on them. Some animations appeared smoother to me but that may just be me incorrectly remembering them since I never used the characters that I thought got them (Sion and Hisui).

And throw is now forward/backward+A+D, not direction+C.