Author Topic: Ah... The good ole days.  (Read 2942 times)

Ah... The good ole days.
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »
Remember playing the N64 and thinking it was the most awesome thing ever? That was the best. Anyone still have Battle Tanx: Global Assault? That multiplayer is SWEET. There is nothing like it. Blowing stuff up with tanks. And Zelda OoT? Thats my favorite Zelda to date. I still play it. The graphics were amazing back then. Anyone ever played Perfect Dark or Blast Corpse?
We will rise from the litter boxes, and send humans into the doghouses.          BEWARE!!!!! ....                                    Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Ah... The good ole days.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »
A perfect world is a world without friction
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:25:41 PM »
I got bored with OOt once i got the triforce, but smash bros was the ultimate multi, oh and goldeneye.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »
The good ole days involved playing Balloon Fight and Ice Climber on the NES with my sisters.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
Swinging SNES controllers at my brother.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:Ah... The good ole days.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
The good ole days involved playing Balloon Fight and Ice Climber on the NES with my sisters.
QFT
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »

Originally posted by: MJRx9000
I got bored with OOt once i got the triforce, but smash bros was the ultimate multi, oh and goldeneye.

once you got the triforce???
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »
"QFT"

He probably has sisters, with whom he played video games.  I played video games with my sister on occasion.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 04:19:52 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure

Originally posted by: MJRx9000

once you got the triforce???

Is it even possible?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 05:05:36 AM »
Wow.  I thought everybody knew how to get the Triforce by now.  (Now if you'll excuse me I have to giggle about "Blast Corpse" for a while.)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49:02 AM »
The good ole days was back when you would rent a game and then compare it to the arcade version you played at the mall all last year.  It's a shame that we finally have the technology to have accurate arcade-to-home ports but instead all we get are lazily put together compilations with unlimited credits.  In the old days they tried to make the game actually suitable for home play and would include difficulty settings, a fixed amount of lives, and some special modes exclusive to the home version.  Unfortunately graphics took a hit and sometimes levels or four player support would be missing.  I like MAME and I like arcade compilations but often straight arcade emulation isn't as fun because you just keep putting in "quarters" and it makes things too easy.  It's funny that I hoped for perfect arcade ports as a kid but I failed to realize that once the home hardware caught up arcades would die.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:09:07 AM »
I think claiming he got the Triforce in OOT is a Gannon-ban.

Me? When I got that SNES I thought it was the best thing ever. Too bad I couldn't afford games so I had to live off the few things that fell low enough to fit into my allowance. Never had an N64. Now I've got a Gamecube and when I try to play OOT I get angry at the godawful camera that is the reason for at least half of my deaths, then I get angry at the slow text speed (I HATE THAT) and finally get angry at the stupid day-night cycle. Maybe a bit of anger about the fighting system is in there as well. Zelda didn't benefit from the switch to 3d.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 05:27:39 PM »
First of all, i thought the battle system was awesome, and still think so. Second, the camera angles are pretty good. Also, once you get a certain song, cant remember the name, you can change it from night to day, and day to night. You also get it early in the game. Another thing, one of the reasons its not good for you is because you got the master quest version. Its also on a gamecube control scheme, which it was never meant for. So, try the N64 version. Its better.
We will rise from the litter boxes, and send humans into the doghouses.          BEWARE!!!!! ....                                    Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 04:23:45 AM »
I still want Final Fantasy VII of for the N64, damn SquareSoft bastards.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?