Author Topic: IS nintendo really worth so much?  (Read 5200 times)

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
IS nintendo really worth so much?
« on: March 01, 2003, 06:14:44 PM »
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=3382

this is an old  article i dont know if it's been posted before but il post it neway

here it says MS was trying to buy NINTENDO before they made the box, and it says MS was willing to give 25 BILLION!!!! for nintendo, OMG i couldnt beleive when i read this article, how can a game company be worth so much...dain i guess they dont lie when they call N gamegiant a SUPERGIANT i should say.....
anyone else knew N was worth so much?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 06:31:05 PM »
Nintendo has 7 billion in the bank.  They are also the biggest and most profitable gaming company on the planet.  25 billion isn't that much.  It certainly isn't enough to force Nintendo to sell their souls to Microsoft.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline greenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 06:53:48 PM »
Well, 25 billion would have definitely been worth it to MS for a couple of reasons.
1, The Xbox's biggest competitor this gen wouldn't be around to take sales from them.
2, Obviously Nintendo's games exclusively on Xbox would be a big boost for MS and a major minus for Sony.
3, One word...Gameboy. I'm sure MS would have been drooling at the possibilities of what they could do with the Gameboy name.

Offline Blade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 07:01:25 PM »
Nintendo is the most profitable company in the gaming industry. They also make the best games; I'm not going to bother saying arguably the best because while companies such as Sega produce AAA games consistently.. Nintendo makes the most and their quality peak is higher. Nintendo also has the Game Boy line established.. as well as connections with important 3rd-parties. I'd say that Nintendo would be the best company to buy if you had 30+ billion dollars and wanted a solid place in the industry..
Blade
"Disney announces th' Lion King II: Simba's Pride.. now with EXTRA subliminal sexual innuendo! Yippee!"

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 07:19:47 PM »
best buyout by WHO? NINTENDO can literly not be AFFORD by anybody!that price even makes MICROSOFT's 40 billion in cash look like scrap(ms wil cut its fortune by 2/3  by doing that purchase)...even the great INTEL CANT afford N  so basically no OTHER COMPANY can afford IT......

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 11:26:03 PM »
That's correct.  That is exactly why we will never have to face such a day as Sega fans are facing these days.  (At least not in the near future)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 12:19:16 AM »
Nintendo will Never Sell Out!
Microsoft wanted to buy Sony Playstation too didn't they?
That failed and now X-Box is here.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 12:30:43 AM »
DARK LINK!!! IVE NOTICED IN ALL YOUR POSTS YOU YELL A LOT!!! THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF AND IT ISNT NECESSARY!!!! SO PLEASE STOP YELLING IT JUST MAKE YOUR POSTS HARDER TO READ!!!!!!

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 03:49:54 AM »
sorry mario.....il try not to do it next time

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 04:32:53 AM »
The thing about buying out Nintendo for 25B is that it may look like a great deal more than the liquid assets, but it also would've included all of the franchises, the development kits, and the talent.  Not to mention that Nintendo's assets are always moving -- they're not just sitting on money, they're paying their staff well, expanding, and STILL making money.  A very successful company with a liquid 8B in the bank is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 05:03:16 AM »
Before any of you talk about this issue atleast read the book, it is kind of funny listening to you guys throw darts at a quarter in a pitch black room.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 05:28:08 AM »
And use the force to magically guide our darts to bullseyes! hehehe!