Author Topic: Nintendo Monopoly on the Way!  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Nintendo Monopoly on the Way!
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »
Is Termina Bay the new Boardwalk?

THE WORLD OF NINTENDO CONVERGES IN ALTERNATE GAMING UNIVERSE  -Popular Video Game Icons Unite in MONOPOLY: Nintendo Collector's Edition -    

CARLSBAD, CA - June 2006 - Watch out Mario brothers!  Run for cover Donkey Kong!  Fans of Nintendo video games will be battling it out for sweet revenge when they play the new MONOPOLY: Nintendo Collector's Edition.  This highly anticipated game features characters from seven of Nintendo's most popular game franchises like Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, Metroid and The Legend of Zelda.    

Nintendo fans will enjoy the ultimate challenge of trying to outsmart their opponents as they buy trade and sell their favorite video game icons in hopes of owning it all in the Nintendo universe!  Under license from Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc (NYSE: HAS), MONOPOLY: Nintendo Collector's Edition is designed to appeal to Nintendo fans of all ages.  Featuring timeless characters like Mario, Yushi, Kirby and Star Fox, fans can enjoy the thrill of deal making, risk taking and owning it all in the Nintendo video game world.      

"As someone who grew up with a Nintendo controller in his hand, working on this game was like a dream come true," said Derek Stucker, Game Designer, USAOPOLY.  "Throughout the games development I tried to include as much for the old school Nintendo players as the newer ones, from faded back screen shots on the game board center of the original Donkey King, Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda games, to the integration of the original NES controller as one of the tokens.  Whether you're someone like me who grew up glued to the original Nintendo Entertainment System, or a young kid just picking up a Nintendo DS or Wii for the first time, you're sure to have a blast with this game."      

All components for MONOPOLY: Nintendo Collector's Edition are customized for the ultimate Nintendo fan.  The game features collectible pewter tokens such as Mario Hat, Koopa Shell, Donkey Kong Barrel, Hylian Shield, NES Controller and Link's Metal Boots.  Let the play begin!    

For more information about MONOPOLY: Nintendo Collector's Edition and other themed MONOPOLY games, contact USAOPOLY at 888-876-7659 or visit www.usaopoly.com.  

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline SlayerZero

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Monopoly on the Way!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »
May I be the first to say... Wat the f@#k!? Why does this thing exist? Why would they choose to release the iteration of Monopoly now? It all just seems very strange to me...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes.
When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours.
That's relativity."

Offline Mr Bloober

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo Monopoly on the Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:25:56 PM »
Haha, Yushi.

Offline Aussiedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »
The gamecube version of Monopoly was unplayable. The NDS version was actually very playable but has MAJOR bugs in the software logic which resulted in lockup (endless loop). So both of these were returned to EB.

Dont have much hope for this version unless Nintendo is the developer. I love Monoply and the NDS version would have been perfect if they actually got rid of the simple bugs. Simmilar bugs are also present on the PS2 version apparently.

Will Wii Win?  

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Aussiedude
The gamecube version of Monopoly was unplayable. The NDS version was actually very playable but has MAJOR bugs in the software logic which resulted in lockup (endless loop). So both of these were returned to EB.

Dont have much hope for this version unless Nintendo is the developer. I love Monoply and the NDS version would have been perfect if they actually got rid of the simple bugs. Simmilar bugs are also present on the PS2 version apparently.

Actually, judging from the quote talking about pewter pieces at the bottom, this appears to be the board game, and not a video game.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:22:38 PM »
Here's the web site's link to the board game.  I want to see what Park Place and Boardwalk are! But they say that you buy and sell your favourite Nintendo characters, which to me sounds very dumb...but in that case Park Place and Boardwalk are probably, like, Super Mario or Metal Mario or Bowser.  Or the two Mario Bros.  Sheesh.

With all the Nintendo locations possible (Smash Bros. arenas already cover some of them), I would prefer those to characters as properties.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 03:37:57 PM »

Hahahahahaha!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »
Yeah it is a REAL version of monopoly, not digital. I personally can't wait to get my hands on it, I love monopoly and I love their special edition ones like Star Wars!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dryden

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »

...screen shots on the game board center of the original Donkey King

Yushi and Donkey King.  Miyamoto must be rolling over in his grave.
... or rather, rolling over in his bathtub of money...
Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 04:28:22 PM »
The didnt even put Nintendo locals as properties, they put just characters :|

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 05:50:55 PM »
I made a post about this in the off-topic forum many many weeks ago.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »
But now this is the official statement.

images here

The figures are nice, but the monopoly itslef its not, it even has tha art of Ocarina, which I particulary don't like.

EDIT:

wait I didnt noticed the "prototype" watermark before, maybe theres hope for a monopoly with real fictional locations instead of just characters.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 06:13:57 PM »
well the pictures may be marked prototype, but the site makes it sound like the game is backordered... meaning it's out, meaning *someone* should know what's used on the board.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »
The figures are indeed very, very nice.

But, yeah, this is clearly a rush job. I'll still be getting it, though.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »
Those are the greatest game pieces ever made.  
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:15:08 PM »
Talk about milking your characters. I'll pass. Regular Monopoly is good with me. Maybe if you made it digital. And,

The gamecube version of Monopoly was unplayable.

You're talking about Monopoly Party, I assume, since that's the only Monopoly I see for Gamecube. What was wrong with it? I have the Xbox version, and thought it was a pretty good digital version of Monopoly. Let me guess, you tried the party mode where everyone rolls at once, and didn't bother to find out that you could switch it to a normal game of Monopoly where you take turns? Or maybe you're talking about the AI, which I wouldn't know too much about since I usually play with humans?

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »
Digital monopoly? Never any good. You can't steal from the bank!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 07:59:10 PM »
They shoulda had the MasterSword in the Stone.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »
So, from those pictures, Mario is Boardwalk...

Interesting, yeah... but does "Yushi" = raw dinosaur?
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 04:08:43 AM »
Judging by the pictures, it seems the characters are sorted by colours - Zelda ones being green, Mario ones being red, Metroid ones being orange...  Looks like the Wario Bros. are the first two properties and the Mario Bros. are the last two.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »
"The 'Princess Zelda' is $300."  
It's like Bangkok all over again.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Mario323

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »
Score!  I love Monopoly and I sure as hell love Nintendo!  Its only natural to combine them!  Dayam!  Its like Cherry Coke!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 11:16:20 PM »
Sounds like IP Monopoly. Can you file lawsuits against the other players?

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 01:11:22 PM »
What are the Chance? cards going to read?

"Philips has made another Zelda game.  All Zelda properties lose 20% of their value."
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »
ha.

"For your next system, you decide to use cartridges instead of CDs. Loose 1 billion dollars."