Author Topic: Action Repley Codes?  (Read 2723 times)

Offline AceRazer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« on: March 01, 2003, 05:39:11 PM »
Does anyone know if you can make your own codes on Action Replay similar like you could do with gamesharks in the past?  Thanks.  
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline Tael

• View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 11:26:30 PM »
Yeah, you can.  I'm pretty sure GameShark was just what Interact called the Action Replay when they distributed it in the US.

Offline CapVersion1

• View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 01:39:36 AM »
Is The action replay out yet?
I have'nt seened it  anywhere yet.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 04:35:48 AM »
It ships from EBgames.com on the 2nd (today).  

And yes, it's just a hacking device, so you can both make your own codes or modify someone else's codes to see what happens.  You'll probably have to wait a while, though, while people figure out HOW it does its hacking, and then let them release guides that explain how it works.  Until then, it'll be mostly trial and error, but there are certainly codes not available yet that'll be added in the future, both from the developer and from users.  It's the nature of these things.

I think it's really cool that they incorporated the Freeloader technology with the action replay

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 05:04:19 AM »
Does the Action Replay screw up your game like the gameshark did to my N64 games? I like what the codes do, but whenever I use them, I get weird side effects, and sometimes my game doesn't work right, and sometimes permanently.
Animal Crossing info:
Name: (space)Adam
Town: Animtown

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
Action Repley Codes?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 05:26:27 AM »
Well it's a hacking device, so yeah there are usually side effects when you alter the code the game uses

But since the games are saved on memory carts, simply make sure you have a "backup" memory cartridge that you use for codes/modified games, and a main one that you use for non-modified data.

Since the gamecube hardware/software is unchanged, and the game data is stored on disc, you'll never "permanently" have an error/side effect.  Since you're directly modifying the game data, though, you could corrupt your data, so it's best to not do it with your precious gamesaves.

Another reason why removable memory is better than a HDD!