Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:x-men
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
No X-men 4 but Magneto and Logan get there own movie. Confirmed!!

They already signed on actors for a 4th and 5th. They stated they would make more if this one was succesful, and seeing as hot it has enjoyed the 4th largest opening ever there is no way Fox is going to pass up making more.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: x-men
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »
I actually liked the sequence with Juggernaut and Kitty Pryde.  My main gripe is how Magneto can have a couple hundred guys under his command while there are only six X-Men - half of whom are underage.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »

but it was alright as an action flick, if a bit melodramatic, even for a comic book movie.

Agreed.  About the melodramatic part, I mean.

I hope they make more, this one would make for a pretty lousy finale.

basically, he threw all the ethics through the window......

Oh? I don't think Xavier ever said he thought doing such a thing would be immoral...  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 10:39:46 PM »
I have a possible scenario for a sequel that would return those that are presumed to be dead.
A whole lot of whiat if's:What if professor Xavier isn't actually dead but is just using his intense psychic powers to channel himself through the comatose patient und Dr. Moira's care.

What if everyone that was semmingly obliterated was actually transfered or teleported to an alternate plane of existence that is somehow still connected to ours. That would cause a loop-hole allowing them to not only return civilains to their families, but bring back Cyclops and Prof. X.

Now I just got back from the movie and I can honestly say that it was alot better than I was expecting. Some nice action and intense scenes, but a lot of missed opportunity to really highlight some of the other mutants that played a role, such as Multiple Man & Collosus for example. The scene with Wolverine vs Phoenix at the end was very nice, but I think we all know Phoenix must rise from her grave and walk this earth again under the control of Jean Grey. X4 WILL happen, its just a matter of when, not if.

Anybody know the whole story between Singer leaving for Superman and (actor that played)Cyclops leaving too?

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

basically, he threw all the ethics through the window......

Oh? I don't think Xavier ever said he thought doing such a thing would be immoral...
he didn't say it (rembember that he was interrupted before he could answer the question), but he did imply it if I recall correctly....

in any case, the discussion of that action can be really long (maybe that's why they left it out of the movie XD).....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

Anybody know the whole story between Singer leaving for Superman and (actor that played)Cyclops leaving too?

The original Superman movie was the reason Bryan Singer got in the movie business. I do not have a link to that info, though I'm sure I read about it on IGN. So Bryan turned down X-Men 3 for Superman for obvious reasons. James Marsden just has a tremendous amount of respect for Bryan and was offered a job on Superman.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala
he didn't say it (rembember that he was interrupted before he could answer the question), but he did imply it if I recall correctly....

I thought his position would be that it would be wrong, and an abuse of power, and all that, before he was interrupted...but , the ending made me change my mind. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would go against his own morals.

I suppose it's what you'd expect from the elite amoral hollywood liberal media empire. It's okay to kill people who are in a brain dead coma! Homosexuality isn't really a disease! And to think this film is marketed towards children.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:35:10 PM »
Damn it, Bryan Singer and the old scriptwriters should have been doing this one. I liked X1 and loved X2, and in comparison to those, this fails on so many levels. They basically gutted the heart of the story and replaced it with a bunch of unneccesary SFX mumbo-jumbo. Did they really have to set Worthington Labs on Alcatraz? Or even involve Angel in the plot at all? Not to mention that whole stupid, pointless scene with the Golden Gate bridge.

Meanwhile, Jean, whose SUPPOSED to be the star of this show, does basically nothing except get angry once in a while. The movie's explanation of what the Phoenix force is is inconsistent with itself and rings hollow, and was CLEARLY dumbed down for the general populace. The movie score and production design were generic at best. Character development is basically nil. Don't get me started with the inconsistency of the character deaths with the end of the movie - which send conflicting messages and leave us without closure. The only strong suit in the movie is probably Wolverine, and the previews (for Superman Returns...let's see what he'll do with that one.)  
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 04:44:55 AM »
Homosexuality isnt a disease :|

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 07:28:02 AM »
Aw man, weren't not going to start this again are we?

BTW, from what I understand, Nightcrawler tells Prof X. he doesn't want to stay with the team because he is a pacifist, so he leaves.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »
bah thats so discouraging, the best sequence in all the three movies was Nightcrawler breaking into the white house. With that explanation they basically cut him off for good.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

Homosexuality isnt a disease :|

That was sarcasm.

Aw man, weren't not going to start this again are we?

We need a TY's Serioushouse to discuss pressing issues!

...no, seriously, that part wasn't sarcastic.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 08:59:27 PM »
Take your sarcasm to the DS sales thread ya n00b!

What I don't get is if Nightcrawler is a pacifist, why is he beating people up in the game?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
thtas hella lame if you play thru an x-men game with nightcrawler only to have him tell prof. x he's a pacifist and quits...ugh!!!

anywho, i saw the movie a second time becuase...well..the Omen was sold out. i sat thru the credits this time to see that extra scene but i noticed something (in the credits). pyslocke(sp?) was in the movie...who the hell was she!??!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 09:53:29 AM »
lol, I was thinking the same thing
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2006, 08:46:40 PM »
From what I got, the only appearance of her showing her powers is she being camouflaged against a wall and poping out at the doctors who were running away of the mutant attack to alcatraz, and the guy with the spines and the other mutant with the waves thing also showing behind them.

Im not a follower of the comics, but I kind of suspect thats not what pyslocke does.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 06:36:28 AM »
ugh...thats who i figured it was but i was hoping it was something cooler that i missed so i wouldnt be so dissaopinted. seeing it a second time just infuriates me more lol...damn you new director guy!

edit- i didnt follow the comics like a diehard fan or anything, but i read them on occasion and was really into the x-men at one point when i was younger, loved the cartoon adn all that, but its been awhile. i had to look up a lil bio on her just to make sure they screwed her royally, and yeah...they did.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2006, 08:36:07 AM »
List of X-Men Characters

For those that want to read a whole hell of a lot on the many x-men characters, and stuff about them.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?