Author Topic: 1 post per minute... no edit for 60 seconds  (Read 2018 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
1 post per minute... no edit for 60 seconds
« on: May 17, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »
I know 1 post per minute is a necessary thing, but why does it count editing a post as trying to post again?

Shouldn't we be able to post and edit that same post within that same minute without having to wait 60 whole seconds?
I know its not a long time or anything, but it is when you literally have to count the seconds go by.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:1 post per minute... no edit for 60 seconds
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »
As you can see this has been a problem for a while.

I try to pass the time by staring at your avatar.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE: 1 post per minute... no edit for 60 seconds
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »
These two get my point across better than I did

Originally posted by: Matt
I've noticed that there is a 1 minute delay between posts and edits.

While I realize and like the 1 minute delay between posts [it helps slow down spambots], I am wonering why a 1 minute delay for edits is needed.  Often I would like to edit a post just to fix a typo or something, but I don't bother because the delay slows it down.

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Yeah.  I am famous for editing posts in the first 5 seconds after I posted it as well.  It irritates the hell out of me when I have to wait a full minute to add that extra paragraph I decided to write after I hit reply, or fix the glaring spelling error I made in the last second.

But, you just have to learn to live with it.  FuseTalk is cheaper than PHPbb.  

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »
phpbb is free, FuseTalk isn't, I don't get it...

Besides, I thought PGC just used whatever was provided by the hosting company.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:52:19 AM »
This annoys me too.

The reason we don't use phpbb is that our server uses Cold Fusion and not PHP.  Rick told me recently that he would be uncomfortable installing both because they might conflict.  FuseTalk has been our forum software for so long because it is Cold Fusion-based.

We are soon going to move to a non-Cold Fusion version of the site (based on CSS instead), so there may be an opportunity there to switch from CF to PHP which is also an opportunity to get new forum software.  Please be patient as we don't want to move too quickly on sensitive technical issues.  We are testing carefully as we go to make sure the switchover will go smoothly.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!