Author Topic: Australian DS Lite Date Announced  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Australian DS Lite Date Announced
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
Australia gets something before the US?

NINTENDO DS LITE RELEASE DATE    

Melbourne, Australia May 5th 2006 – Nintendo Australia is pleased to announce the new member of the Nintendo DS™ range, the upgraded Nintendo DS™ Lite, will be available in Australia on June 1st, at SRP$199.95.    

Nintendo DS Lite, launching in Polar White, features brighter screens, is approximately two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and about 20 percent lighter. It also features a larger stylus and repositioned button layout, all the while maintaining all of the original Nintendo DS features, as well as screen size.    

“We love the Nintendo DS and the new experiences it has brought to gaming," says Rose Lappin, Director of Sales and Marketing. “the super stylish Nintendo DS Lite adds a touch of class to the unit and the brighter screen is remarkably vibrant. Expect some fantastic software products in the coming months to take advantage of this."    

In Australia, Nintendo DS continues to sell through at a higher rate than all other handheld systems, and remains the best selling handheld console, since its release just over a year ago.    

The Nintendo DS Lite has experienced phenomenal success in Japan. Since its launch earlier this year, Nintendo have struggled to keep up with incredibly high consumer demand.    

With a series of exciting and innovative software releases, Nintendo Australia aims to continue this trend:    

• The highly anticipated Metroid® Prime Hunters is scheduled for release May 25th. Blast your way through six ferocious bounty hunters in adventure mode, take on up to four friends wirelessly or battle online using Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.
 â€˘ Twenty years after Nintendo's biggest franchise was born, the Mario Bros.® return in a dazzling, all-new platformer sure to set players' fingers twitching. New SUPER MARIO BROS.™ arrives June 8th.
 â€˘ Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training™: How Old Is Your Brain?, releasing June 15th, is designed to keep people's minds active with fun mental workouts that incorporate the user-friendly voice-command and touch-screen capabilities of Nintendo DS. Brain Training also includes more than 100 sudoku puzzles.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Australian DS Lite Date Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:44:12 PM »
Clearly its  2 reasons:
1. Mario Brothers DS launch, proberly will have a lite + mario $250 buck deal
2. lower shipments then USA, proberly only have to ship 50k in first month (only takes 10k to be top selling game in Aus)

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:52:29 PM »
Is this bizarro world?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
Well so much for the date EB gave me.   No complaints here though.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:19:47 AM »
EB are clowns, havent you learned? I was told TP had been cancelled.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:42:52 AM »
I have now believe me.  Well it was a nice surprise anyway.  

Offline Guy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 05:48:22 AM »
I feel pretty good right now--like I've performed some charitable act.  Enjoy the DS Lite, Australia!  I let you have it before me!

Offline ssj4_android

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 10:44:51 AM »
So, this is around $150 US? How much was the original?

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 12:43:50 AM »
At the moment you can get original DS and Mario Kart for A$200.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE:Australian DS Lite Date Announced
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:10:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Guy
I feel pretty good right now--like I've performed some charitable act.  Enjoy the DS Lite, Australia!  I let you have it before me!

Thanks Guy!