Author Topic: Tribute to Mr. Rogers  (Read 5900 times)

Offline Alliedrally68

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« on: February 27, 2003, 07:26:15 AM »
Mr. Rogers, the popluar host of the long-running children's television show, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, died early this morning due to complications with his stomach cancer.  If any of you grew up watching his show like I did, you can understand that his shows opened up a whole world of imagination while at the same time, instilling moral values that will be used throughout life.  He will be sorely missed.

R.I.P.

Fred Rogers
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline Tman

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 10:19:03 AM »
Indeed, the human race is now less for this loss.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 12:06:21 PM »
Oh sad, i was jsut thnking about how he had quite the longevity. He looked really young at his age..... I used to watch that as a kid as well...thats sad to hear. Its strange, i always find out about celebrity deaths on thse forums before anywhere else. God bless Mr. Rogers.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 12:52:45 PM »
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 01:20:09 PM »
I remember when I was younger I used to watch his show all the time.  He used to teach me almost everything.  That man is one of the best people in the world.  He taught a lot of people and he still will.  May god let his sould rest in peace,

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »
God knows I loved King Friday the thirteenth. It is truely a sad day when we lose such a noble man, may god bless his soul.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 07:20:25 AM »
MR. ROGERS........I SALUTE YOU.....  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 03:32:57 PM »
He taught me how to tie my shoes.  Thanks Mr. Rogers.  I also salute you.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 04:54:31 PM »
In another board, what I was expecting to see here SOMEWHERE, I would've seen: some loser being irreverant and disrespectful about Mr. Rogers, exercising his "rights of speech."  I don't see this here, I'm very happy to announce.

I thought the guy was great, frankly, and at the very least he was a much better counter to crap like Barney if only because he treated kids like kids, not idiots.  And he was human, which Barney is not.

But more than that, he was just a good man, I think.  I watched him a lot growing up, and he just always had a nice, pleasant show, and sometimes you even learned a little something--but it never felt like "education," thankfully.  It was just nice.

May he rest in peace, and may his family be proud of him and consoled that he did so much good.

And Ace, this may sound very weird, and maybe I'm just going through a twentysomething mid-life crisis, but reading that he taught you to tie your shoes actually got me a little bit.  Seriously, that's really something, isn't it?
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 02:51:19 PM »
Mr rogers i grew up on him. from "speedy delivery" to "lets c how they make toothbrushes,to high frank i like u to meet my telivision neighbor.  MAN I LOVED THAT GUY.    
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 02:56:19 PM »
I want the trolley back!

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 03:00:43 PM »
DONT WE ALL.  HECK I WANT THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE BACK
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Tribute to Mr. Rogers
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 06:39:14 PM »
I loved Mr Rogers.  I work at the Airport and that is all anyone has been talking about.  Almost every customer that comes up has said "Did you hear that Mr. Rogers died?"  Its amazing how many lives have been affected by him.  My friend said that her Step-father actually lived in the same neighborhood as Mr. Rogers when he was I kid.  I just find that funny how Mr. Rogers always says "Won't you be my neighbor?" and my friend's Step-dad actually was his neighbor.  Mr. Rogers was  the epitome of what our generation should be.  Ask anyone about their earliest memories and I bet they name "watching Mr. Rogers" as one of them.
it was time for a change.