Author Topic: Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?  (Read 25043 times)

Offline Riotamus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2003, 03:06:26 PM »
Tapdancing is a real 'HURT' of a thing to try, avoid at all cost.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2003, 06:16:15 AM »
what really hurts starfox is it saves it at the last boss...and you cannot go back, you can go back in zelda and find the secrets...there are secrets in starfox, but it is not worth almost beatign the game just to see wha tthey are.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2003, 10:03:46 AM »
That was my main problem with Starfox Adventures...total linearity.  My first through, it was pretty cool, and I had fun.   Now, looking back, though, it is so stupid how, in a game fashioned after Zelda, there are no secrets, no puzzles, no real substance, just a mediocre story and sweet graphics.  I could almost say the game was relaxing, as there was no real pressure to do anything, just follow the instructions.  I don't hate the game, but I hate Rare for taking three freaking years to make a game with no secrets.  What happened to the whole Ice Key thing from Banjo-Kazooie?  Huh?  A waste of three years of programming, if you ask me.  I would give it a 7.5, in retrospect.  (It was still pretty fun).  

And it is totally impossible to have every item in Animal Crossing.  Some items require you to be in a certain day, and the game hasn't been out for a year.  Then there's the secret NES games (Mario and Zelda), the E-reader items that haven't been released yet, etc., etc.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2003, 01:40:08 PM »
Lemme make myself more clear on what i said about Animal Crossing.  I originally left something like this
"5. Getting every item in Animal Crossing" on the list.  I meant exactly what it says-every item IN the game.  I meant every item you can get while playing the game, not every item from passwords, e-readers, etc.  It would probably be impossible to get every item because some glitch passwords and the such may never be found.  Just wanted to clarify that
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2003, 10:28:36 PM »
I have just completed story on timesplitters 2 on HARD, and now I want my 10 tens of my life back. That Damn Robot Factory was a royal pain in the ass and the space station with not nearly enough time. I found out that the exchange rate for buying time with health is very, very steep. I believe it goes 10 seconds for most of your health. Never visiting there ever again, bunch of rip-offs

Now on 92.7 % I got to go get more Golds. 7.3 % more to go Baby!

Now to go check if I have enough sanity to complete WAR! on perfect...
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2003, 01:13:48 AM »
i think TS2 is friggin hard
i havent played single for ages, but back then i couldnt even beat Chicago on normal
i guess after all the multiplayer i should easily do it
but IMO the single player in TS2 is pretty crap
nothinm motivates me to try again
LZ 2005

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2003, 01:44:04 AM »
I can sort of see why you do not like it as the mission sturcture of each level tends to be too linear. GE had a more open way as too which objectives you completed first. And yes TS2 is friggin hard. Any way, why can't you get pass chicago no normal? It is a harder level with all the long range combat, but it is also one of the levels which has far more varity of objectives thn the other levels. the first couple levels are we designed. Not the Noterdame one though. Then it falls off a bit. Neo Tokyo is a well designed, if not linear level.

The last level on hard, is well designed if you are playing on hard as it really gets your blood pumping as every second really does count and it really brings up a very strong sense of urgency in your actions. Even though it was more of a "Run the Gaunlet" level, you do feel proud of completing it on hard.

Anyway, you need to complete more levels on normal and hard to open up more Mplayer levels, unless the mapmaker statifies you well enough.

Mind you though, I would not have tried this hard to complete the game if it had long load times and long restart times like Turok. Although I did complete that too. I laughed. Have not played it since. (Note, I did not buy Turok, it was given to me.)
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?