Author Topic: Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?  (Read 25010 times)

Offline AceRazer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?
« on: February 23, 2003, 06:35:37 AM »
I was wondering what the hardest thing to in a Gamecube game is.   Here are a few tough things.  If you have any others in mind just post them, and let me know what you think is the hardest.  

1.  Getting Master on Super Monkey Ball 1
2.  Getting all the trophies on Super Smash Bros. Melee
3.  Getting Everything in Metroid Prime (100% complete and all four parts of the image gallery)
4.  Unlocking and beating Ace Mode on Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2:  Rogue Leader
5.  Getting every item in Animal Crossing
6.  Getting the best rank and house in Luigi's Mansion
7.  Getting every shine sprite in Super Mario Sunshine
8.  Unlocking and Beating Master Extra on Super Monkey Ball 2
9.  Getting a platinum medal on every level in 007 Nightfire
10.  Getting all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 06:39:16 AM »
Getting all 180 emblem thingies in Sonic would definitely be harder than the SSBM trophies. . . I'm only one away from having all of those.

Gads, Gamecube games have so much extra stuff to do.  I've been debating with myself whether or not to try to get the best ending in Metroid, and I've decided to do it when I get a new television.  I can't see jack crap on the one I have now. . . it's too dark.  The onl way I could see in Metroid Prime was because I played it on vacation, where there was another television.

But yes, I'd say those are just about the hardest things. . .
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 06:44:09 AM »
you could adjust the brightness on your TV... or even in game (via the pause menu)
I'll shut up now...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 07:36:23 AM »
Oh believe me, I've tried.  Metroid Prime and my television are on full brightness, and I still can't see anything.  It's just the television is old and dark.  I need a replacement.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 08:33:14 AM »
Getting everything in Animal Crossing... Man...that's crazy.....  
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 08:36:09 AM »
I havent gotten everything in Timespitters 2, thats hard crap IMO.
LZ 2005

Offline AManatee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 09:41:25 AM »
CRAP just beating TS2 on HARD is one of the single hardest things to do, this side of trying to do a real live  "morph  ball" move.

Nearly broke my back on that.
"Gimme gimme gimme. I need, I need."

Offline PeRFecTIoN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 09:47:41 AM »

Originally posted by: AManatee
CRAP just beating TS2 on HARD is one of the single hardest things to do, this side of trying to do a real live  "morph  ball" move.

Nearly broke my back on that.

and i thought i was the only one...hmm......

Ne wyas...i think not getting bored of mario sunshine would be the toughest....i try and try to stay interested in sunshine..and yet i keep going back to my mario 64 kart
w.e...

Offline grap3fruitman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 09:47:48 AM »
11. Getting a warezed Gamecube game to boot.  

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 10:50:38 AM »
Playing 2004 series sports games.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 11:10:20 AM »
The single hardest thing to do would be to burn GameCube games. I used to burn Playstation and Dreamcast games. I still can't figure it out although I bet in the future someone will.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline MarioFoxZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »
I think the hardest thing to do would have to be    to play a new Rare Gamecube game on your Gamecube. Yeah that would be pretty tough.  
what

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 01:04:12 PM »
I have to agree with Rogue Leader. Its the only game that I looked up cheat codes just because I couldn't beat it.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Calibretto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 02:24:11 PM »
I would have to say getting everything it Rogue Leader.  Beating every difficulty and getting everything in Time Splitters 2 is insanely hard also, but with Rogue Leader I can not even envision it a possible to get all the golds.  I am sure people have, but it was way too hard to even begin to be fun for me to try and get every gold.
"This makes the master of the Gun-Katas an opponent not to be taken lightly..."

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2003, 03:47:11 PM »
the hardest thing other than getting ignorant xbawx/ps2 fanboys to even try playing a gamecube?
hmmmm
well i would go with either getting all of rouge leader done, i only just bought the game, but a friend of mine who got his cube at release date with rouge leader still hasn't done it

all the trohies on smash bros melee isn't easy either, i still have 1 or 2 of those to get..

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2003, 04:04:08 PM »
The hardest thing to do in a GameCube game?

Dance.
I know if I was stuck in a GC game, I'd find it very hard to dance, I mean, c'mon; the discs are so damn small! I couldn't swing a cat in one of those. Not that I do anyway.

*Looks around, puts cat down*

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2003, 04:32:35 PM »
Rogue Leader is definately the most difficult challenge on GameCube.  It was all I could do to get silvers on every stage.  I have a few golds, but not even half the levels.  And I won Golds in every level of Rogue Squadron, so I am no newbie to the genre.  It's just insanely hard.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 04:40:45 PM »
bump mapping.

oh, as in most difficult feat for a gamer to attempt. I'd say #4, beating Ace Mode on RL.  
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 04:59:43 PM »
sorta off topic, but my gf has EVERY item in Animal Crossing.  She plays everyday at least an hour since launch.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 07:44:37 PM »

Originally posted by: rodtod
bump mapping.

WTF is this bloody obsession with bump mapping?   It's no harder to implement on a GameCube than on a PC.  And there are just as many GameCube games that use it as PC games.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2003, 07:53:31 PM »
I'd say beating Resident Evil on Hard mode is one of the most difficult things to do on Gamecube.  Well, that and having the patience to beat Eternal Darkness three times through.
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2003, 01:51:57 AM »

4. Unlocking and beating Ace Mode on Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader

Damn you guys must be lazy or something. Unlocking Ace mode is the hard part. But Ace Mode itself? Piece of cake. All you need to do is dogde a sh1t load more than usual and your home free. The thing with ace mode is that the laser fire is not more accurate or anything, just more of it. From light rain to horizontal rain. Enjoy
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2003, 09:00:55 AM »
I'd say the hardest thing to do on Gamecube is wax Gracie's car in Animal Crossing good enough to get a Gracie original design shirt.  I jam on that A button as hard as I can and I've never been able to pull it off.  My brother has managed to do it only once.  The "test of strength" in SFA is also ridiculously hard and again I had to have my brother do it for me.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about in both situations the only way to win is to press the A button as fast as possible.  They both rely entirely on button mashing and any sort of skill doesn't play any part at all.

The hardest overall game I've played on Gamecube is either Rogue Leader or Super Mario Sunshine.  Probably Mario because you have to beat numerous hard parts just to beat the game while Rogue Leader only becomes super tough when you try to get medals.  Plus Rogue Leader is more "fun hard" while Mario is more "frustrating hard".  Isn't Mario Sunshine supposed to be suitable for kids?  Why did they make it so difficult?

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2003, 12:27:57 PM »
Bump maping is everyones favorite catch phrase, half don't even know what the hell it is.

I would say that SMB and RL get the top two slots.

Offline Razex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2003, 02:42:57 PM »
I'd have to say unlocking and beating Ace Mode in RL, because I have absolutely no idea how to do it.(I guess get all golds?) I haven't even gotten silvers in all the levels, or maybe I have...I'm not sure. But getting any gold is so insanely hard...I never even felt like trying. SMS I did not think was THAT hard, I got all 120 shines. The only slightly hard thing was getting all the blue coins...but I liked searching every part of each level to find them. And Master Mode in SMB 1 and 2...maybe I'll go back one day and try to unlock it and beat it in SMB, I don't know about SMB2, I just don't like the levels as much. Getting all golds in all the challenges and arcade leagues in Timesplitters 2 is pretty hard too. But I've actually gotten a few platinums. I haven't even started story mode yet. I think the challenges and arcade leagues are just pure fun, but those pare in comparison to the multiplayer, which is unbelievably fun.

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2003, 03:28:21 PM »
I'd imagine it would be really hard to cook an egg on my GameCube.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Uncle Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2003, 04:41:31 PM »
Wait for the new griller expansion Windyman, it also hooks up to the GBA SP and is required to use in Animal Crossing 2.

Hardest Single Thing to do? Have fun with Simpsons Road Rage, hahahahaha...
Playing it Bogart.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2003, 09:52:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I'd say the hardest thing to do on Gamecube is wax Gracie's car in Animal Crossing good enough to get a Gracie original design shirt.  I jam on that A button as hard as I can and I've never been able to pull it off.  My brother has managed to do it only once.  The "test of strength" in SFA is also ridiculously hard and again I had to have my brother do it for me.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about in both situations the only way to win is to press the A button as fast as possible.  They both rely entirely on button mashing and any sort of skill doesn't play any part at all.

Hey, I'm the king of rapid button mashing. I mean I can get over 110 on Domination in Mario Party 4 no sweat. And I consider that a true "skill".

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2003, 10:00:05 PM »
Dealing with the tiny D pad in fighting games.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2003, 10:01:58 PM »
Hardest single thing to do on a Gamecube?

Stop playing it.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Vegetendo101

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 10:22:35 PM »
For me the hardest from the games i own has to be getting all 180 medallion things on Sonic 2. I usually tend to finishe a game beginning to end before i start another, and Sonic Adventure 2 is the only game whiche i havnt finished completely yet, that i dont play with anymore. Not to brag or anything ,but i consider myself a more than average gamer, I was given a god like talent when it comes to video games,ahahahaha! well compared to anyone i know. ^_^.

Rouge leader wasnt hard, just that last stage were u have to beat "Wave after wave of imperial planes". Oh god, i went brain dead a couple of times. Getting all SSBM trophies wasnt hard either, just got the list of the thing i had to do and went to work. Those Blue coins in Mario sunshine was just time consuming, not hard just had to look and look and look. Luigi's mansion was a breeze,lol, why even mention it. Metroid Prime i just tackled all at once and got everything except the Fusion suit cuse i dont own a gba or fusion. And with Animal crossing, well I just got it at the begining of this year, so im far from nearly collecting everything in it.

Or how about this:
-getting all the gold Skulluta spider coins in OoT Master quest? I just passed the game but only have like 30!. Good grief.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2003, 03:38:26 AM »
Seriously though, any game that requires you to get medals or some such thing is an impossibility for me. I have Nightfire and Rogue Leader, and I just can't get any better than I already am. I mean, take Rogue leader. You CAN'T go through Battle of Endor, Imperial Academy Heist, Ison Corridor and Raid on Bespin without the targeting computer. And Strike at the core is just crazy. I as soon as I get shot down (about 3 seconds in), the cut scene immediately shifts to see the Falcon/Wedge getting shot down without even giving me a second chance at trying it. Another thing is that Factro 5 should have done done just that little bit more homework on the ships. The Y-wing is just too slow. Screw the great shields. Beign that slow, you can get hit a million times over before you hit the ground. But the worst ships are the Falcon and Slave 1. The are undoubtedly the coolest ships in Star Wars, but in the game, they are slow as an ant carrying a jumbo jet, and their shilds are worse than the A-wing. It's crazy.

Sorry. I love the game, but there are just a tad too many faults in it then I'd like.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2003, 04:33:33 AM »
true its not super acurate to starwars but they do have to ballence it for the games sake, the Y-Wing is pretty much what i expected it to be but it does't have the option of fireing your ion cannons like regular lazers which would hae been nicer (more acurate too)
but still, im having fun with it  

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2003, 08:47:47 AM »
Hey, Factor 5 did the Falcon and Slave 1 accurately enough.  Ever read the novels?  It's pretty obvious that those aren't starfighters, and thus can't be expected to compete with them in terms of speed and maneuverability.

And if you want to talk hard, how about beating Resident Evil on Invisible Enemy mode?  Yeesh.  I don't even want to think about it.

And really, Mario Sunshine was hard, but I didn't have any real troubles getting 120 shines.  Did it in a week and a half, as a matter of fact.  Now, my skills with Time Splitters 2 are another story...my friends regularly destroy me, even though I've made it halfway through on hard mode.

Rogue Leader?  Hard, but not impossible.  I have something like 7 or 8 golds, and the only reason I don't get the others is becuase they are so frustrating: play a 10-minute level, find out your accuracy was 2% too low, do it again, ad infinitum.  But really, I never used my targeting computer, I just kind of thought of it as a crutch.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline Mr. McBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2003, 06:24:49 PM »
Hardest thing to do on 'Cube? Save a sports game's season without like, 90 MC59's

Damn memcards are too small. Even the mighty 251 is almost entirely gone when and NCAA Football 2003 season hits my 'Cube...

As for actual hard things in games, the hardest thing I've taught myself to do is beat each and every "void" level straight in SMS without dying once.
[Mr. McBlack:]
-America's FAVORITE GameNikki reviewer

Visit GameNikki.com The BEST gamesite with the letters "I", "G" and "N" in it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2003, 03:32:53 AM »
What's wrong with you guys? Unlocking and beating every level in Super Monkey Ball is the hardest thing to do  surely. I mean you have to pass 30 levels without dying to get Advanced Extra and 50 levels without continuing to get Master.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2003, 05:17:55 AM »

Good question, the hardest single thing to do (and mind you Ive tried like a jackass) on the Gamecube is stage a rock concert.

Theres just no room for the drummer, dammit.

-----
2003 = The Year of the Fund Q

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2003, 05:43:05 AM »
All right Ian Sane there is a way to get Gracie's shirt everytime without cheating,  simply technique.  I get it everytime and I will almost all games that have the fast moving button thing like that with this.  Alright well when your pressing that damn A button, vibrate (sorry this is the only way to describe it.) your entire arm don't just use your thumb and try to press fast just move you entire arm fast.  You'll know it is working when your muscle's get tighter.  It works evertime and brings out an awsome shine.  Tell me if it works for you.
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2003, 07:21:58 AM »
I was told gcn couldnt do fur shading....then starfox came out.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2003, 07:24:39 AM »
for speedy button pressing use your index rather then your thumb...it moves and presses the button way faster with more accuracy and better results.

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2003, 07:46:39 AM »
RABicle, you are right about Super Monkey Ball.  It took me a long time to get Advanced Extra.  Out of all the ones i put on this list, I would have to say this one is the hardest for me, and this is the only one i haven't done with the exception of nightfire because i just got the game a week ago.  But ive gotten expert extra 3 times and keep dying on level 9.  Hardest. Level. Ever.  Anyways, I never got master yet, and there are very few people on this planet who can say they have as you have to beat Expert and Expert Extra with only one continue.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2003, 07:49:55 AM »

Good question, the hardest single thing to do (and mind you Ive tried like a jackass) on the Gamecube is stage a rock concert.

Theres just no room for the drummer, dammit.

HAHAH!  Actually, I was going to say "tap dance".  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2003, 08:34:06 AM »
very funny approach

i really hope Soul Calibur 2 has a ULTRA EVIL HEFTY SPANK MODE thats almost impossible to beat, actually, only possible to beat if your eyes are genetically enhanced or something.
LZ 2005

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2003, 08:36:45 AM »
From what I understand, playing an all chain game of Ikaruga is damn near impossible.

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2003, 10:16:34 AM »
LOL I just got an error from this site that said:
Es wurde keine ID übergeben!
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2003, 11:20:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Vegetendo101
For me the hardest from the games i own has to be getting all 180 medallion things on Sonic 2. I usually tend to finishe a game beginning to end before i start another, and Sonic Adventure 2 is the only game whiche i havnt finished completely yet, that i dont play with anymore. Not to brag or anything ,but i consider myself a more than average gamer, I was given a god like talent when it comes to video games,ahahahaha! well compared to anyone i know. ^_^.

Yes, getting the complete collection of medallions in SA2 is a nightmare. I can't do it, and boy, have I tried..
Hunting down each and every animal in every level is insanity. What's worse is that I really want the secret level you unlock when you've done it, a 3D version of the original Sonic's Green Hill Zone *Cries self to sleep*

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2003, 03:01:08 PM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
sorta off topic, but my gf has EVERY item in Animal Crossing.  She plays everyday at least an hour since launch.

Yeah, right, ask her is she has the PunchOut game. I play every day and I'm not even close to having everything.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2003, 03:06:28 PM »
I don't know how you guys coulda missed it but heres one hard thing to do.  Play through Starfox Adventures without getting bored.

Offline Vegetendo101

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2003, 07:12:34 PM »

What's worse is that I really want the secret level you unlock when you've done it, a 3D version of the original Sonic's Green Hill Zone *Cries self to sleep*

LOL, A pain I know too well. And all i need is 8 more "A" rankings and I get to see that dam legend of a stage.

Play through Starfox Adventures without getting bored.

Come'on now, it wasnt boring. It just had no replay value what so ever. I dont think ive touched that game since the day I passed it, whiche was like a week after it came out.

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2003, 02:04:37 PM »
I also got bored pretty quick in Starfox Adventures.  I thought it would be better and thought it was a bit over rated.  It was still a alright game and all, just not a great game.  I hated having to chase down all those items.  I would have liked a classic Starfox better.
- General George Patton

Offline Riotamus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2003, 03:06:26 PM »
Tapdancing is a real 'HURT' of a thing to try, avoid at all cost.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2003, 06:16:15 AM »
what really hurts starfox is it saves it at the last boss...and you cannot go back, you can go back in zelda and find the secrets...there are secrets in starfox, but it is not worth almost beatign the game just to see wha tthey are.

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2003, 10:03:46 AM »
That was my main problem with Starfox Adventures...total linearity.  My first through, it was pretty cool, and I had fun.   Now, looking back, though, it is so stupid how, in a game fashioned after Zelda, there are no secrets, no puzzles, no real substance, just a mediocre story and sweet graphics.  I could almost say the game was relaxing, as there was no real pressure to do anything, just follow the instructions.  I don't hate the game, but I hate Rare for taking three freaking years to make a game with no secrets.  What happened to the whole Ice Key thing from Banjo-Kazooie?  Huh?  A waste of three years of programming, if you ask me.  I would give it a 7.5, in retrospect.  (It was still pretty fun).  

And it is totally impossible to have every item in Animal Crossing.  Some items require you to be in a certain day, and the game hasn't been out for a year.  Then there's the secret NES games (Mario and Zelda), the E-reader items that haven't been released yet, etc., etc.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2003, 01:40:08 PM »
Lemme make myself more clear on what i said about Animal Crossing.  I originally left something like this
"5. Getting every item in Animal Crossing" on the list.  I meant exactly what it says-every item IN the game.  I meant every item you can get while playing the game, not every item from passwords, e-readers, etc.  It would probably be impossible to get every item because some glitch passwords and the such may never be found.  Just wanted to clarify that
- General George Patton

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2003, 10:28:36 PM »
I have just completed story on timesplitters 2 on HARD, and now I want my 10 tens of my life back. That Damn Robot Factory was a royal pain in the ass and the space station with not nearly enough time. I found out that the exchange rate for buying time with health is very, very steep. I believe it goes 10 seconds for most of your health. Never visiting there ever again, bunch of rip-offs

Now on 92.7 % I got to go get more Golds. 7.3 % more to go Baby!

Now to go check if I have enough sanity to complete WAR! on perfect...

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2003, 01:13:48 AM »
i think TS2 is friggin hard
i havent played single for ages, but back then i couldnt even beat Chicago on normal
i guess after all the multiplayer i should easily do it
but IMO the single player in TS2 is pretty crap
nothinm motivates me to try again
LZ 2005

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2003, 01:44:04 AM »
I can sort of see why you do not like it as the mission sturcture of each level tends to be too linear. GE had a more open way as too which objectives you completed first. And yes TS2 is friggin hard. Any way, why can't you get pass chicago no normal? It is a harder level with all the long range combat, but it is also one of the levels which has far more varity of objectives thn the other levels. the first couple levels are we designed. Not the Noterdame one though. Then it falls off a bit. Neo Tokyo is a well designed, if not linear level.

The last level on hard, is well designed if you are playing on hard as it really gets your blood pumping as every second really does count and it really brings up a very strong sense of urgency in your actions. Even though it was more of a "Run the Gaunlet" level, you do feel proud of completing it on hard.

Anyway, you need to complete more levels on normal and hard to open up more Mplayer levels, unless the mapmaker statifies you well enough.

Mind you though, I would not have tried this hard to complete the game if it had long load times and long restart times like Turok. Although I did complete that too. I laughed. Have not played it since. (Note, I did not buy Turok, it was given to me.)