Author Topic: Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?  (Read 25038 times)

Offline AceRazer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?
« on: February 23, 2003, 06:35:37 AM »
I was wondering what the hardest thing to in a Gamecube game is.   Here are a few tough things.  If you have any others in mind just post them, and let me know what you think is the hardest.  

1.  Getting Master on Super Monkey Ball 1
2.  Getting all the trophies on Super Smash Bros. Melee
3.  Getting Everything in Metroid Prime (100% complete and all four parts of the image gallery)
4.  Unlocking and beating Ace Mode on Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2:  Rogue Leader
5.  Getting every item in Animal Crossing
6.  Getting the best rank and house in Luigi's Mansion
7.  Getting every shine sprite in Super Mario Sunshine
8.  Unlocking and Beating Master Extra on Super Monkey Ball 2
9.  Getting a platinum medal on every level in 007 Nightfire
10.  Getting all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 06:39:16 AM »
Getting all 180 emblem thingies in Sonic would definitely be harder than the SSBM trophies. . . I'm only one away from having all of those.

Gads, Gamecube games have so much extra stuff to do.  I've been debating with myself whether or not to try to get the best ending in Metroid, and I've decided to do it when I get a new television.  I can't see jack crap on the one I have now. . . it's too dark.  The onl way I could see in Metroid Prime was because I played it on vacation, where there was another television.

But yes, I'd say those are just about the hardest things. . .
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 06:44:09 AM »
you could adjust the brightness on your TV... or even in game (via the pause menu)
I'll shut up now...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 07:36:23 AM »
Oh believe me, I've tried.  Metroid Prime and my television are on full brightness, and I still can't see anything.  It's just the television is old and dark.  I need a replacement.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 08:33:14 AM »
Getting everything in Animal Crossing... Man...that's crazy.....  
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 08:36:09 AM »
I havent gotten everything in Timespitters 2, thats hard crap IMO.
LZ 2005

Offline AManatee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 09:41:25 AM »
CRAP just beating TS2 on HARD is one of the single hardest things to do, this side of trying to do a real live  "morph  ball" move.

Nearly broke my back on that.
"Gimme gimme gimme. I need, I need."

Offline PeRFecTIoN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 09:47:41 AM »

Originally posted by: AManatee
CRAP just beating TS2 on HARD is one of the single hardest things to do, this side of trying to do a real live  "morph  ball" move.

Nearly broke my back on that.

and i thought i was the only one...hmm......

Ne wyas...i think not getting bored of mario sunshine would be the toughest....i try and try to stay interested in sunshine..and yet i keep going back to my mario 64 kart
w.e...

Offline grap3fruitman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 09:47:48 AM »
11. Getting a warezed Gamecube game to boot.  

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 10:50:38 AM »
Playing 2004 series sports games.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 11:10:20 AM »
The single hardest thing to do would be to burn GameCube games. I used to burn Playstation and Dreamcast games. I still can't figure it out although I bet in the future someone will.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline MarioFoxZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »
I think the hardest thing to do would have to be    to play a new Rare Gamecube game on your Gamecube. Yeah that would be pretty tough.  
what

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 01:04:12 PM »
I have to agree with Rogue Leader. Its the only game that I looked up cheat codes just because I couldn't beat it.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Calibretto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 02:24:11 PM »
I would have to say getting everything it Rogue Leader.  Beating every difficulty and getting everything in Time Splitters 2 is insanely hard also, but with Rogue Leader I can not even envision it a possible to get all the golds.  I am sure people have, but it was way too hard to even begin to be fun for me to try and get every gold.
"This makes the master of the Gun-Katas an opponent not to be taken lightly..."

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2003, 03:47:11 PM »
the hardest thing other than getting ignorant xbawx/ps2 fanboys to even try playing a gamecube?
hmmmm
well i would go with either getting all of rouge leader done, i only just bought the game, but a friend of mine who got his cube at release date with rouge leader still hasn't done it

all the trohies on smash bros melee isn't easy either, i still have 1 or 2 of those to get..

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2003, 04:04:08 PM »
The hardest thing to do in a GameCube game?

Dance.
I know if I was stuck in a GC game, I'd find it very hard to dance, I mean, c'mon; the discs are so damn small! I couldn't swing a cat in one of those. Not that I do anyway.

*Looks around, puts cat down*

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2003, 04:32:35 PM »
Rogue Leader is definately the most difficult challenge on GameCube.  It was all I could do to get silvers on every stage.  I have a few golds, but not even half the levels.  And I won Golds in every level of Rogue Squadron, so I am no newbie to the genre.  It's just insanely hard.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 04:40:45 PM »
bump mapping.

oh, as in most difficult feat for a gamer to attempt. I'd say #4, beating Ace Mode on RL.  
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 04:59:43 PM »
sorta off topic, but my gf has EVERY item in Animal Crossing.  She plays everyday at least an hour since launch.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 07:44:37 PM »

Originally posted by: rodtod
bump mapping.

WTF is this bloody obsession with bump mapping?   It's no harder to implement on a GameCube than on a PC.  And there are just as many GameCube games that use it as PC games.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2003, 07:53:31 PM »
I'd say beating Resident Evil on Hard mode is one of the most difficult things to do on Gamecube.  Well, that and having the patience to beat Eternal Darkness three times through.
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2003, 01:51:57 AM »

4. Unlocking and beating Ace Mode on Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader

Damn you guys must be lazy or something. Unlocking Ace mode is the hard part. But Ace Mode itself? Piece of cake. All you need to do is dogde a sh1t load more than usual and your home free. The thing with ace mode is that the laser fire is not more accurate or anything, just more of it. From light rain to horizontal rain. Enjoy
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2003, 09:00:55 AM »
I'd say the hardest thing to do on Gamecube is wax Gracie's car in Animal Crossing good enough to get a Gracie original design shirt.  I jam on that A button as hard as I can and I've never been able to pull it off.  My brother has managed to do it only once.  The "test of strength" in SFA is also ridiculously hard and again I had to have my brother do it for me.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about in both situations the only way to win is to press the A button as fast as possible.  They both rely entirely on button mashing and any sort of skill doesn't play any part at all.

The hardest overall game I've played on Gamecube is either Rogue Leader or Super Mario Sunshine.  Probably Mario because you have to beat numerous hard parts just to beat the game while Rogue Leader only becomes super tough when you try to get medals.  Plus Rogue Leader is more "fun hard" while Mario is more "frustrating hard".  Isn't Mario Sunshine supposed to be suitable for kids?  Why did they make it so difficult?

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2003, 12:27:57 PM »
Bump maping is everyones favorite catch phrase, half don't even know what the hell it is.

I would say that SMB and RL get the top two slots.

Offline Razex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2003, 02:42:57 PM »
I'd have to say unlocking and beating Ace Mode in RL, because I have absolutely no idea how to do it.(I guess get all golds?) I haven't even gotten silvers in all the levels, or maybe I have...I'm not sure. But getting any gold is so insanely hard...I never even felt like trying. SMS I did not think was THAT hard, I got all 120 shines. The only slightly hard thing was getting all the blue coins...but I liked searching every part of each level to find them. And Master Mode in SMB 1 and 2...maybe I'll go back one day and try to unlock it and beat it in SMB, I don't know about SMB2, I just don't like the levels as much. Getting all golds in all the challenges and arcade leagues in Timesplitters 2 is pretty hard too. But I've actually gotten a few platinums. I haven't even started story mode yet. I think the challenges and arcade leagues are just pure fun, but those pare in comparison to the multiplayer, which is unbelievably fun.