Author Topic: Time for complaints.  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Time for complaints.
« on: February 22, 2003, 05:33:35 PM »
The off limit topics bother me. That list encompasses almost everything I find interesting about people. Why not just ban talking about yourself and other people in the forum, it'd be easier. Are you afraid of a flame war? Suck it up, it happens everywhere else. I have to say that this forum is WAY too up tight. Just ban people who get too far out of line instead of not allowing people to talk about that for fear of a flame war.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline penguincube

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Time for complaints.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 05:17:51 AM »
Well, I understand both sides.  At other forums I visit, Religion threads get locked 99% of the time, not because they aren't allowed, but because 99% of the time, they DO turn into flame wars.

All of those subjects are touchy, and I do understand why they banned them, however, like you said it does take away from intelligent discussion.  There truely is nothing like a good political discussion or anything else overly thought provoking on a message board.

However, though, while on PGC, I will respect those rules.

--penguincube

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Time for complaints.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 06:49:07 AM »
Those topics weren't always off limits.  That list grew as people in this forum proved to immature to have an intelligent conversation about them.  Don't blame us, blame the others that ruined it.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153