Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 79846 times)

Offline Jirachi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2003, 11:05:32 AM »
I do like Gamecube, its shiny. I just love xbox more.

Offline T-Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2003, 02:45:08 PM »
I think some nintendo gamers don't like the sound of a rookie (MS) coming in and getting all the glory...but thats just my theory...

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2003, 03:41:36 PM »
There is no winner between xbox and gamecube. At this point its like saying an P4 is more powerful than XP. At this point they are at the same power, except for the fact that P4 run at a much higher mhz rate. There are thousands of 'benchmarks' and each one says something different. The fact is that nintendo and microsoft in a dead heat. No one is losing.

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2003, 04:45:42 PM »
I'm glad to see that this debate is still going on. Wait, not really.

I've given the Halo-Box a big chance to change my mind. A few friends keep bringing it over, I've put all kinds of hours into it, but the fact is that the games just aren't there yet. It's still the Halo-Box. Even my friends that have the Halo-Box agree, and that's something like six or seven casual gamers. The supposedly "hardcore" gamers I know lost all credibility when they insisted that GCN was a kidde console and that Sony was going to be buried. When the Halo-Box comes out with something spectacular, and does so until it numbers more than five spectacular games, I might buy it. Until then...

The comparison of multi-platform games being better on Halo-Box than on the other two consoles is entirely inaccurate, because most of them are developed for the PS2 first, on PS2 development kits. That means that their peak performance is what a PS2 could handle, theoretically. The only differences come in at loading time and anti-aliasing, which GCN and X-Box both have the same amount of. In short, if you're getting a game that is multi-platform, you don't get it on PS2, as both GCN and Halo-Box run it a little bit better than the PS2 and the same as each other.

The acquisition of Rare is also a non-issue, since Rare's prized workers have long left the company, and the company blows anyway. Look at the work they've got done in recent years... Dinosaur Planet? Thoroughly mediocre at best. Then they ruined Perfect Dark with its new anime style. Much like Halo 2, I doubt Perfect Dark will ever see the light of day in this generation of consoles. Good work Microsoft. You bought a swell company (while Nintendo laughs their way to the bank).

Party games not being for older gamers is one of the dumbest things I've read in this arguement. The party games are huge, especially on college campuses. When I go on campus or visit other schools to see friends, speak at a lecture, etc., you never see a Halo-Box. You always see a GCN with at least three multiplayer games (always Smash Bros. and usually Mario Party and Timesplitters 2) and two Wavebirds. That's where the fun is. There are also the single-player games like Metroid, Mario Sunshine, and Eternal Darkness, but that's not the point. If you're going to talk down to the party games, you've obviously never played them with a group of friends. And sorry, but it's impossible to "play out" Smash Bros. unless you're one of those people that is constantly taking games back to the store after you beat them. Either that, or at least one member of your party sucks at it or is really boring.

And yes, you're on a board made for Nintendo fans. I don't think you realize how bad you look spouting off nonsense and then belittling the community with "I should've expected this." You come off as someone that has nothing better to do with their lives than to go onto a board to badmouth it. I don't want to hear the "I own a GCN, (insert snide comment here)" arguement, either.

I love Nintendo, but I also love other systems. I bought a TG-16 everyone was "Sega" and "Nintendo." I still play my Dreamcast and a PS2. As a gamer, I just can't say that the Halo-Box is worthy enough to sit on my entertainment center shelves. Not yet.
Mode 7: The Filthy Mutie

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2003, 10:21:27 AM »
Saying the phrase "halo-box" isn't just irritating to here, but it really doesn't help your credibility.  

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2003, 02:53:51 PM »
Because you can't take a joke, it hurts my credibility?
Shucks. I really care about what people think of me, too.

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2003, 03:14:29 PM »
No, just reading it over and over again, it worn out its funiness. Plus you complaining about other people saying gc is for kiddies is stupid, yet that isn't...

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2003, 04:54:42 PM »
hrm, i wonder what nintendo would do if they were developing for the xbawx? an eerie thought no doubt. i agree fully with mode 7, the xbawx doesn't warrent my money just yet,neither does ps2. partially because of my budget, partially cause of my taste in games

Offline yrrab436

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2003, 04:34:44 PM »
Saying the GCN is exclusively for "kiddies" is, by definition, stupid.  All you need is one example of an adult that likes a GCN to prove that statement wrong.  Not that the whole Halo-box thing is much better though.

As far as the "debate" goes, people might as well argue about whether apples or oranges are a better fruit.

Offline Army_F_body

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2003, 07:45:25 PM »
I won't let my dislike of Bill Gates and the Windows OS cloud my opinion of the box.  I will, however,  focus my attention on Seamus Blackley, co-creater of the X Box.  He promissed a machine that would change our concept of video games and that the X Box would not be just an upgrade in the graphics and sound department.  That's all it's been, an improved sound/graphics consule.  All the exclusive titles they have don't really inspire.  Also, 3/4 of the games on the Box are mere ports of PS2 games, with graphic and sound quality of the PS2 intact.  Theres nothing out there to back up Blackely's claims at all.  It was created with good intentions, but has seriously fallen from grace.  Nintendo really opened my eyes.  I hav'nt been really into Nintendo since the 80s, but the Gamecube brought me back to those days.  It's a fun system, and that's what counts.  If fun to you is spouting off the superior stats of your X Box to total strangers then good for you.  To me, fun is playing good games.  Nintendo simply delivers.  So to Seamus I say, maybe you should have pitched your idea to the guys at Nintendo, Sony or even Sega.  It seems that Micro$oft totally bastardized your vision.

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2003, 10:49:56 PM »
"Seamus-Box" has a nice ring to it, too.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if he left it all behind to make yet another company with a bunch of co-conspirators. It seems to be the trend, even for company founders.  

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2003, 02:15:31 AM »
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much??? This is why:  

Forum Link Click It
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2003, 09:28:49 AM »
"Sorry, we were unable to locate the object requested.
Error Code: 102"

That's why Nintendo fans hate the X-Box so much?

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2003, 12:56:41 PM »
Good grief, everyone!  Look, we all know that the Nintendo and Microsoft have different philosophies when it comes to what matters in a game.  We know Microsoft focuses on attracting the older demographics and Nintendo tries to reach all ages.  The games they make will be bought by those who have distinct tastes.  No gamer is wrong in their choice of what game he or she wants to play.  Let's put aside our differences and let the love come in...
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2003, 03:33:45 PM »
That link was for a thread that wsa just recently deleted because it was so idiotic. It was an Xbox fanboy ranting about how immature and kiddy we are and how "we would never have the balls to play a childs game made for men like the Xbox" yes sadly that is what that idiot said. I hope most X-box owners aren't like this and I expect they aren't o well it was really stupid. I know a few of you out there saw it.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2003, 12:06:31 PM »
I remember someone nintendo fanboy saying xbox was stupid for having a built in coaster. I think it came from an oxm magazine saying something about you could potentially put a drink on the green jewel.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2003, 09:31:28 PM »
hahah thats an interesting idea ehehe, except like if you spill your drink [krusty the klown voice] BZZZZZT sizzle [/krusty the klown voice]

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2003, 07:48:05 AM »
halo-box has a way to go before u can say its the best console.....
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2003, 10:13:38 AM »
So does kiddie-cube (because you wont give up) before it is the best. You can have your own opinion on whatever console, but please stop witht he little name jabs.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2003, 09:37:50 AM »
Most of the people here who hate X-box are game cube fanboys, simple as that.
Most have never played an x-box and base their judgement on Microsoft and their uniformed hatred for them.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2003, 10:54:06 AM »
I don't know who manunited is, but I've had enough with the kiddie bullshit (sorry about that, but it's necessary).  It's not good to call it Halo-box either, but at least that's semi-accurate.

I've played Xbox a good bit.  It's fun, but Gamecube supercedes it easily.  There are many games on cube better than Halo, and that's by far the best xbox game I've played.  Also, among all the people I've met, internet or otherwise, that have all three systems, they generally prefer gamecube, followed by PS2 and then xbox.  Out of about twenty, one liked xbox most, five liked ps2, and the rest liked Gamecube most (except for two or three that had a tie between GC and ps2).  Twenty people is a good bit.

I've also played PS2, but I don't know whether I prefer xbox or ps2.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2003, 11:26:11 AM »
You proved my point. Objectively I can say that both of those stereotypes are atleast somewhat correct, and I did it because I was just getting tired of hearing Halo box. No one likes to hear it, so the point was to get you to drop it.

Once again, if thats your opinion that is fine, but xbox is a good console, as there ae good gmaes in different categories, that different people will like. If its not you fine, but your opinion does not make something bad.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2003, 01:57:26 PM »
But Gamecube is not a "kiddie" system.  That's just an ignorant comment made by Xbox fanboys.  Xbox is not only good for Halo, but it is certainly one of its best games.  It'd annoy me if they called GC the Smash Bros Cube or something, but not nearly as much.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2003, 02:17:28 PM »
"But Gamecube is not a "kiddie" system."

And the XBox isn't just a "Halo"-box. Manunited was proving a point- you could just as easily call the Gamecube a kiddie-cube as you could call the XBox a Halo-box, when neither are very true. Manunited was saying that these little name jabs are stupid and pointless.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2003, 03:02:22 PM »
I distinctly remember saying calling it Halo-box was dumb.  More accurate than "kiddie", since Halo is a game on the Xbox, but still dumb.  Note my SSBM-cube comment.