Author Topic: Mario Basket 3v3  (Read 5330 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mario Basket 3v3
« on: October 09, 2005, 05:47:37 AM »
I seem to be the only one on this board really excited about this game.  I think the dribbling mechanic is a great addition to basketball games, and I'm sure there will be other new play mechanics.  The game looks fantabulous, prettiest DS game to date (this and FF3).  I just hope Square has the sense in them to create a team or player manager single player mode...Mario sports single-player modes tend to suck.  
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Basket 3v3
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 06:22:06 AM »
I'm interested in it, however i'm not confident of Square-Enix's ability to incorporate gameplay in a videogame, so i'm not getting too excited yet. It does sound cool in premise though, hopefully they can pull it off. If it's fun i'll probably get it because it's online.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:05:33 PM »
If SE is able to make it so that there can be 6-player online, that would be great...As for actual gameplay, I'm pretty optomistic considering the game is SE's idea...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 02:39:17 AM »
I suspect S-E is relying on Nintendo's expertise in Mario Sports games--one of the reasons they went to Nintendo.  They're trying something new, and are "using" Nintendo as a teacher of sorts.  At least, that's my take on the whole thing.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:46:48 AM »
I hope Mario Rad Racer springs forth one day.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 09:11:31 PM »
Famitsu have some new info on the game, from IGN,

The control scheme Square Enix has come up with is one of the more interesting aspects of the game. The D-pad is used to move your player around, with the stylus used for dribbling, passing and shooting. To pass, you swipe the screen left or right with the touch pen. To shoot, you swipe the touch pen up. Dribbling requires that you tap the screen. Based on the speed of your tapping, your character's speed will increase or decrease. Also, you can make your character rotate by dribbling in different parts of the screnn.

Color me pleasantly surprised! It actually sounds fun, this might be the first Square-Enix developed game I buy! Finally an interactive basketball game.

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
RE:Mario Basket 3v3
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:29:46 PM »
This game having a team consisting of Mallow, Geno, and maybe even Croco or Booster, would make me really, really happy.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 05:50:35 AM »
Who?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 05:57:26 AM »
They're from Super Mario RPG....now that would be pretty cool having them. Although somewhere Toadovsky would have to be included....
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 03:57:48 PM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber
I suspect S-E is relying on Nintendo's expertise in Mario Sports games--one of the reasons they went to Nintendo.  They're trying something new, and are "using" Nintendo as a teacher of sorts.  At least, that's my take on the whole thing.

Actually, they should go to Camelot...and maybe Camelot can learn something about making a next-generation RPG...like a REV Golden Sun...hehehe

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 04:43:35 PM »
Except it should be the other way around, SE is the one that has something to learn.....

Golden Sun > Final Fantasy

And yeah, I have no doubt that we'll be seeing a Golden Sun Rev, probably closer to launch than one may expect.  I'm personally very excited to see what they can do with out-of-battle psyenergy with the Rev controller
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 01:13:02 AM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber

According to the IGN article S-E started developing it without the mario licence but the style fit so well that they asked Nintendo if they would be interested.

And/or they realized that it would sell a hell of a lot more with "Mario" in the title.

And/or they just wanted to spread Mario out even more to piss off Ian.

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 10:20:55 AM »
More screenshots. More good graphics.  

http://dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=748

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile