Author Topic: Whats up with all these people saying Tommy Tallarico hates Nintendo?  (Read 18342 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Whats up with all these people saying Tommy Tallarico hates Nintendo?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2004, 09:09:58 AM »
What does that video prove except that he likes to do damage control? His job is not to tell us whether HE likes it, but whether the game is GOOD. If he has certain points he doesn't like about games (like, for example, random encounters) he should pass on games that include these points because his judgment is impaired in such a situation. That's why there are usually multiple reviewers in any group and often the guy who likes the game or the genre the most has to review it, putting a strategy gamer on Serious Sam will of course not yield usable results.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2004, 11:10:29 AM »
"If that's true I'm glad AM took over. I haven't played it but Tube Slider got very average reviews so we likely ended up getting a much better F-Zero out of the deal. "

Here's the way I think it went down.

Nintendo+NDCube: Dum dee dum F-Zeeero...

Sega (Nagoshi):  Hey guys!  OMG Is that F-Zero?!  Hey we were thinking... How about you let us make F-Zero?

Nintendo: I dunno...

NDCube: Yeah I'm not sure.

Sega: Wait guys lemme show you.

*shows clip*

Nintendo:  Wow.

NDcube: Really...

Nintendo: Ok you guys can do it, and take some of these guys with you. *points at some ND Cube guys*

NDCube: Wll, alright, but what do you want us to do with this *points at unfinished F-Zero code*

Nintendo: Ehh...  Toss it.

NDCube: Alright.

*tosses* *NEC is walking down on the street, catches it*

NEC: SCORE!
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Whats up with all these people saying Tommy Tallarico hates Nintendo?
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2004, 01:36:23 PM »
I dunno about that conspiracy theory, Nintendo went in and did the Triforce Arcade Board with Sega And Namco to get them to develop the titles for the Cube, etc etc.  Any why are people using the term "you got served", didn't that become popular from a horrible teeny bopper volleyball movie?  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2004, 03:49:03 PM »
LUEshi, so since you have left the G4 forums, why did you decide to grace us here?  

For anyone who wants to know more about him:
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00002838

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2004, 04:16:10 PM »
The History of LUE

IMO, this entire website is required reading before even considering trying to speak with someone calling themselves "LUEshi".  
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2004, 05:09:58 PM »
Lol even if Tommy wears a Nintendo shirt it doesnt change how bias he is on nintendo games and most nintendo games on his misses is cutesy game, even Vic on some episodes says that Tommy should appreciate games on what they are.  And yes I think hes too bias do I care he has a studio named after himself, NO!   He mostly rags on how cutesy games are and if theres no voice overs which require reading and if theres MIDI in some games. Hell I bet if Nintendo brought some games to his studios, the studios would most likely screw up the sound.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2004, 07:05:52 PM »

Originally posted by: joeamis
I dunno about that conspiracy theory, Nintendo went in and did the Triforce Arcade Board with Sega And Namco to get them to develop the titles for the Cube, etc etc.  Any why are people using the term "you got served", didn't that become popular from a horrible teeny bopper volleyball movie?
Close, it was a horrible movie about break dancing

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2004, 06:30:13 AM »
UGTSVDFGT

ahem.

I don't know this Tommy fellow, In australia we only get a video game program called Game Freaks. Except it's cancelled now, also It was a half an hour long advert for Pentium 4 chips (featuring Hyperthreading technology) and AFL 2004 by acclaim or someone or other.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2004, 10:51:17 AM »
eh, well tommy has his own opinions. He likes certain games and not others. He can get on peoples nerves because sometimes he goes on crazy tirades over some insignificant detail which will hinder his enjoyment of a game. And there are tons of xbox fanboys....ack! In fact there are so many crazy attacks on boards outside of this one its not even worth it for me to post on other boards because theres nothing but flames by xbox or ps2 fanboys. But yeah he has a tendency to avoid things rather then embrace them. It must be hard to be Tommy Talarico. There has to be something he enjoys. My guess is he is extra harsh just because he thinks games could be much better, he also doesnt like cute things.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2004, 05:54:22 PM »
Hay Zoidy, Tommy did the EWJ 2 music. ;__;

Anyway, what's this about him putting crap on GX because it didn't have licensed music? F-ZERO GX HAS THE BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC EVER. The end.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2004, 06:02:25 PM »
Hate to put myself in a corner, but I didn't think EWJ's music was all that great...Of course, the gameplay made up for it...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2004, 06:31:09 PM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
eh, well tommy has his own opinions..... But yeah he has a tendency to avoid things rather then embrace them. It must be hard to be Tommy Talarico. There has to be something he enjoys. My guess is he is extra harsh just because he thinks games could be much better, he also doesnt like cute things.

He must have one fugly-ass girlfriend then. muwhahahahaha....  

All kidding aside, isn't he the person who can't reach the big O unless he sacrifices a dog or something?

500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2004, 10:11:18 PM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix
The History of LUE

IMO, this entire website is required reading before even considering trying to speak with someone calling themselves "LUEshi".

That was surprisingly interesting.

Makes me wonder how a "history of the PGC Forums" would be.  Oh, wait, thats simple.

It began!
- some boring stuff happened-

Golden Age:
Syl_Aran, SuperPokExpert and TheBigN  days with Rickgod raining surpreme judgement.

End of golden age.
-more boring stuff happened-  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2004, 04:14:42 AM »
LUEshi IS TOMMY!!!

Someone change his title!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2004, 09:12:16 AM »
If he's Tommy then Tommy uses aol (lol)

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2004, 05:43:39 PM »
"Anyway, what's this about him putting crap on GX because it didn't have licensed music? F-ZERO GX HAS THE BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC EVER. The end."

He stated that Nintendo should have made the game more like Wipeout.  Because, you know, Wipeout came out before F-Zero, rite?  Am I rite?

And I believe he also said the obligatory "OMG NO WEAPONS" complaint.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2004, 07:11:56 PM »
cool, i like talking to industry people. There was once a day when i thought about abandoning my ninty roots just so i could get in the biz through ms's garage dev program....so really anyone involved with gaming is cool to me.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2004, 06:09:44 PM »
Tommy Tallarico is a hypocritical ass. Thats pretty much it. As i understand it, he got fired from Retro, thats mostly what i think causes his Nintendo Hate.

Hes fine bashing anything Cel Chaded, Cartoony, non online on the Gamecube but praises similar games on PS2/X-Box. His whole reasoning is, judging from his comments on the Tech TV boards, is I make Money. I drive a Ferrari, so Im right your not...  Big Deal. Hes an idiot. Good for him.

Plus Adam and Morgan are way better anyways. X-Play>Judgement Day  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2004, 07:19:50 AM »
If anyone here is around 26-30 yrs old, then they can confirm my reasoning.  If you recall, Tallirico was working with Sega, or on a game exclusive to the Genesis back in 90/91.  He was talking sh!t then about Nintendo, and frankly, he has never stopped.  He disguises it under "I'm not a blind Nintendo fanboy, so that's why fanboys hate me"  If you look at his scores on big time Nintendo games over the years, they are perennially lower than everywhere else.  Not to mention, I believe he was fired off a Nintendo project as well.  He has an absolute bias towards Nintendo.  He may not hate them, but he sure don't like them.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates