Gaming Forums > General Gaming

3rd Annual NWR Four on Four

<< < (4/5) > >>

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on April 30, 2023, 09:24:56 PM ---Mario Galaxy 2
I played two of the green star mission then after that decided hell nah, that's going to be incredibly tedious. The green stars seem to be designed for kids in 2010 who had nothing else going on.

--- End quote ---

So it isn't just me that feels that way.

--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on April 30, 2023, 09:24:56 PM ---Twilight Princess
I think this game is flawed.
Then the rest of the game is filled out with a shallow assortment of other gameplay types. Like horse combat, wolf combat, fishing, sumo, tears of light sections, herding goats, snowboarding, jousting, canoeing, chasing skull kid around the woods. They went for variety and succeeded, but these gameplay types aren't deep or even especially fun. It's there to pad the game out a bit before the next dungeon.

--- End quote ---
I have not played the Wii U HD version yet. Did you use the Gamepad or Wolf Link amiibo? Did you play that extra dungeon? If so, let me know what you thought of those

--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on April 30, 2023, 09:24:56 PM --- Resident Evil 4 Original
So fun from start to finish. The combat is satisfying and there is real growth as you learn when and where to use all the weapons. The inventory system is constantly forcing you to make choices and it feels incredible when you decide to spend your money after saving up.

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed this as well, though I have only played the Wii version. I want to play the VR port but I have have a Quest (not a Quest 2). Of course I have a copy of RE 7 to play with PSVR and then there is RE 8 to get to when I get a PSVR 2 so there is plenty of REVR available without a Quest 2.

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Evan_B on May 01, 2023, 03:08:22 PM ---Well, I failed miserably. I made it rather far… in the wrong Picross. I’ve been chipping away at S7 and the later levels hurt my brain at times. I also put no work into Master Blaster thanks to Xenoblade 3’s DLC and just generally enjoying Harvestella much more.

Man, I tried popping in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and played about two levels before abandoning it. I just do not get the hype for that game, the cylindrical planetoids in particular irk me. But I just can’t stand the way the game feels in general and it doesn’t make me want to play any more.

--- End quote ---

Well, I am looking forward to your review of Future Redeemed.

Did you manage to play any of Ratcheteer?

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: M.K.Ultra on May 02, 2023, 10:01:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on April 30, 2023, 09:24:56 PM ---Mario Galaxy 2
I played two of the green star mission then after that decided hell nah, that's going to be incredibly tedious. The green stars seem to be designed for kids in 2010 who had nothing else going on.

--- End quote ---

So it isn't just me that feels that way.

--- End quote ---

As someone that actually 100% Galaxy 2 back in the day, I'm going to have to push back.  Yes a good amount of Green Stars are just find the star hidden somewhere in the stage, but a lot of them are also in plain sight and require either doing tricky platformer challenges or climbing up area's you wouldn't even think you could in the base game.  It made replaying the game again as Luigi more interesting since his higher and longer jumps were put to good use in getting them.

For the month of April, I did get at least 4 games crossed of my backlog, but they were all on the Switch.

Astalon: Tears of the Earth

Now this was an amazing Metroidvania game.  Unlike a lot of the indie titles that just follow the IGA formula of copy and paste long hallways with some vertical rooms with platforms, this castle is filled with so many unique rooms and layouts.  Definitely something more people should try.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

I beat the game on Normal mode last year and found it pretty meh.  Decided to play it again on Hard mode to see if I might enjoy it more.  Nope, it's actually worse since the sluggish controls and terrible hitbox detection, now combined with harder hitting enemy and bosses that all take more hits to kill, a truly miserable experience.  I looked up Youtube video's to see how people actually played this **** and of course they just grind to max out their souls early on to curbstomp everything.  Pretty much proves what I was thinking when I played it last year, this game was pretty much made for the IGA vania fans who love to grind to completely negate any challenge, while anyone that doesn't like to grind will be stuck with a mediocre to outright terrible action game.

No More Heroes 3

Well that was pretty fun, probably my favorite game in the series.  Story had me laughing most of the time and a lot of the boss fights were actually pretty good.

Another World

Played Flashback back in 2021 and really loved it.  Now I thought this game came after but it turns out this was the one that came before.  So yeah it was a shorter game that lacks the gameplay variety of Flashback, but it was still pretty fun.  For a game that I've seen many consider pretty hard, I did pretty good.  I played for a few hours before finally hitting a part that I had to look up, and when I looked it up it turns out that was literally the last puzzle of the game.  It's funny since I did the same with Flashback, where I managed to go through the game without having to look anything up, until I finally hit a puzzle that I just couldn't figure out and in both cases, the ending was literally about 5 minutes away.

TOPHATANT123:
I agree with Evan that there are sometimes control issues with planetoid gravity. Especially in 2D sections. I found it confusing when you would press right to move from 0 degrees to 90 degrees, then if you let go of the stick you need to press up or down instead.

--- Quote from: M.K.Ultra on May 02, 2023, 10:01:38 AM ---I have not played the Wii U HD version yet. Did you use the Gamepad or Wolf Link amiibo? Did you play that extra dungeon? If so, let me know what you thought of those

--- End quote ---
I didn't get to check that out. Is it focused on Wolf Link fights? If so there's probably not much of value there.

Evan_B:

--- Quote from: M.K.Ultra on May 02, 2023, 10:04:00 AM ---Did you manage to play any of Ratcheteer?

--- End quote ---
I did! It’s a neat little game, and although the first item you receive doesn’t make terribly good use of the crank, there are more items and dungeons that have unique properties. I do love the soundscape, as well, which really does lean into the GB/Link’s Awakening vibes. Didn’t finish it though.

--- Quote from: TOPHATANT123 on May 02, 2023, 09:28:23 PM ---I didn't get to check that out. Is it focused on Wolf Link fights? If so there's probably not much of value there.

--- End quote ---
It’s essentially a Cave of Trials, but exclusively for Wolf Link. I think you get the biggest wallet as a reward? Not really necessary, but it did give me a bit of trouble during Hero Mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version