Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: FINALE  (Read 36208 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
There were only three Koopas left, two Troopas and Koopa Jr.  They all sat in the basement of King Koopas castle, deliberating as to who would be the new Godfather.  They pointed at one another for a few hours, until it was clear that one of the Troopas would be elected.

"I shall do my best" said the Troopa.  He was a new recruit to the Koopa army, and felt honored being given such a prestigious task. 

Later that night, they showed up at the nightly Mushroom Kingdom meeting, hoping to blend in as usual and gather some new intel.  It wasn't, however, going very well.  In the end, nickmitch was asked to come onto stage. 

"Well, Nickmitch, do you have anything to say in your defense?"

Nickmitch didn't answer; the sweat was pouring down his brow."

"Nickmitch, you are formally charged with the murder of Luigi Mario, hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and winner of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th annual high jump competitions.  Please drink the potion."

Nickmitch drank the potion, and within a few moments, was an expired Koopa Jr.

The other two mafia members ran up to gaze upon their fallen comrade, seemingly unaware at how guilty this made them look.  It was too late anyways.  From the crowd, a small black object ran toward them, a vial on the ground next to it.

[KA-SPLOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!]

Stratos, AKA Bob-Omb had been convinced by the Mushroom Kingdom to sacrifice himself for the team.  The two remaining Koopa Troopas, Mop_It_Up and RABicle never saw it coming.

With all of the Koopa Mafia dead and gone, the Mushroom Kingdom celebrated it's cured status, and it's safe grounds!

THE END

-=*=-

RESULTS:

Nickmitch (Koopa Jr.) was voted out.

Mop_It_Up (Koopa Troopa - Godfather) was asploded.

RABicle (Koopa Troopa) was asploded

Stratos (Bob-omb) asploded himself.

-=*=-

Congratulations to the townies!  The winners of Mafia XXXII are:

Stevey - townie
Plugabugz - townie
pap64 - townie
ShyGuy - townie
ThePerm - Wario
insanolord - Townie
Gylldas - Townie
SirSniffy - Mario
DAaaMan64 - Townie
Kashogi Y. Stogi - Peach

-=*=-

Wow, that ended way sooner than I expected.  Not to discredit the townies, but was the game that unbalanced?

I hope you all enjoyed the game.  I had a blast running it.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
That was pretty nice of Stratos to sacrifice himself for the townies.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
No it wasn't unbalanced, we just found out who was who very quickly and got an alliance going.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
This game was a strange game.  I will not say it was unbalanced by design.  By I do question some choices made by a few individuals.

Khush tried out a new strategy as mafia, and it didn't work well.
Maxi turned on his own Mafia, because they turned on him.
The Bomber Role once again choosing sides to go with the townies.

There was very little places for the mafia to hide this game. 

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »
Maxi turned on his own Mafia, because they turned on him.

Well, Maxi was never Mafia to begin with.

In other games, the "mole" role is not activated until a certain point in the game, not right off the bat.  I wondered if having a mole from day 1 was going to be a problem, and I think it might very well have been.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
I think Mario just handled business.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »
Mario's investigations were incredibly well placed.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
Strange how things could have turned out differently. On Day 1 my plan was to hit ThePerm if nothing better came up, however Maxi told me to hit Pale. I hadn't heard his reason, but I obliged because I figured that Khush had told Maxi that Pale had a role or something. That was wrong, Maxi did it becuase Pale was suspicious of him. Had I known that I would have never hit Pale because that would most certainly out him as the mole amongst his mafia mates, which it did.

Day 2 was strange, Maxi had been outed through the Pale hit and our time was numbered. Khush was trying to strike up a deal between us and the mafia. Which I was against, all the plan would do was help out the mafia, we were as good as done for. Through a lengthy explanation Khush deduced that hitting decoyman was the way to go, I regrettably obliged again. However I supposedly let Khush know too late that we were going along with the plan and so you see the hit for Maxi on Day 2. That may have been their plan all along, I don't know. My plan was to hit GP so the mafia wouldn't be able to make a hit that night, and try each day to get a real mafia member voted out each day and hit one at night until Maxi was the last one left. Try and muscle our way into power, but I doubt it would have worked, so I chose the decoyman route.

If only I had hit the Perm we would have taken out both Wario and Luigi on the first night, and we wouldn't have been so easily outed as the Hammer Bros. Oh well.

But yeah, the lesson I have learnt is to not blindly follow Maxi's lead without some sort of explanation. He tends to get anxious and panickly easily and that leads to him spilling roles and whatnot to people. He's not a bad player, he just needs to relax a little.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:54:02 AM by Dasmos »

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »
Stratos really was the superguy here. It was Startos guidance which helped me to identify the townies, and I only investigated a few folks. I investigated nickmitch first, and RABicle second...Stratos told me who everyone else was through his PM-ing. Add to that taking one for the team...Stratos was the winner here...clearly. My red hat off to you Stratos!

Khush, GP, Rab...they all were a bit too vocal about things. They just gave themselves away I feel. Good game DrewMG...you did an awesome job, and I had a lot of fun.  I might actually illustrate this Mafia game in cartoon format...that's how much it made me chuckle.  :D
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
Glad you liked it.  I'd love to see it as a cartoon/comci.

I think my writing got a bit lazy toward the end, as I'd already used up all my good bits in the first few days.  Oh well.  I still had fun writing it.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
Great game, I don't think it was unbalanced... the main thing that unbalances games is when people don't play their roles to win. Nothing against you, Stratos, you made a lot of townies very happy. But from a game planning and execution standpoint, it can make for some lopsided games.

.... so I chose the decoyman route.

THIS WAS THE WRONG ROUTE, DASMOS. >:(
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
By the way, for any future mafia hosts, I put together a pretty useful spreadsheet to keep track of everything.  I'd be happy to share it if you think you'll get some use out of it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:02:23 AM by DrewMG »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
I have to agree that Stratos is a great player. He said in the sign up thread that he played this in real life before. As far as I know this was his first forum Mafia game.Great game Stratos.

I think the thing that done it was that every mafia member except 1 voted on Day 1. While Spak was asking me about who I was on Day 1 he said something important.He said that I was stretching the vote to vote out Vudu. This would prove important later. On Day 2 because I voted for Vudu last that was Suspicious in everybody eyes. Had the vote gone through it would of put a bullseye on my back.My bro hits were not thought out well.
Day 2 started. I was looking at the votes and myself and Khush were getting votes.Khush was a Mafia member.I had to make a choice. I PM and emailed Dasmos.The email was so that people wouldn't see me talking with my bro.I had done this in previous games namely Peanuts Mafia. I would PM Khush,Email Drew MG,and Wiimail GP in that game. Anyway Dasmos said it was over. So I voted Khush.I included that I would be killed by the Mafia that night.I am sure that GP saw this and PMed her action. After I voted for Khush I sent PMs to Vudu,Decoyman,and Stogi. Only one of those survived. I told them to look at the Day 1 thread and I told them that only 1 mafia member didn't vote. This would be important later. I got lots of people voting for Khush.Some people thought that Khush was the Bomber.Namely DMan and Stogi. Later in the day Khush comes back. I tell him that I told my role to 3 people.The plan was for the Mafia to kill Vudu,The Bros hit Decoyman and Vote out Stogi. That is why my vote was for stogi. Khush informed me that Stogi was Peach.Later he came up with the BFS vote. We know how that ended. I get hit. The bros get out of the game. Had the Mafia hit Vudu that night this game could of turned out differently.Vudu would be dead.My target on my back would have been bigger. Since GP hit me. Vudu got away and posted about the Day 1 vote on Day 3.We would find out that Vudu would be killed that night and Khush with the vote.The clues left from those deaths I think were vital. After that the Townies and Stratos kicked butt.

Oh Khush remember that PM I sent you after my death. I was just very angry at the time. No hard feelings.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:22:08 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:26 AM »
So, I was wondering... why'd you want me out of the game, Khush? Did you think maybe I was the bomber based on my silly response back to you? And that if you got the Hammer Bros. to hit me, you'd kill twothree birds with one stone?

If so, it was a cunning tactic. Flawed, but cunning.

edit: I want to see this "lengthy explanation" that Dasmos was talking about. :P
Twitter

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Here you are decoyman and lol sorry about hitting you. I had absolutely nothing against you.

Well look at the way things are shaping.

Tomorrow, after we kill two dangerous townies, Vudu on our hit, Decoyman on your hit, we start a vote against Maxi. Most everyone knows he is the double agent at this point. The point is, if we all vote for Maxi. You and the mafia. That will be 6 votes against him. Now, doubtless there will be other votes against Maxi but I have a hard time believing it will be everyone playing. Once people see it is a runaway, they will either not vote or just cast a throwaway vote to keep up appearances.

Maxi will vote against me for slander and saying he is the mafia mole. This may split the vote further. Stevey, for instance, will vote against me. And after no mafia losses, I would expect others to do the same. Even if the vote is split even by the remaining players against Maxi and Me, that means there would be 9 votes a side. If the Hammer Bros and the Mafia all vote together at the last minute and change our votes to a known townie to avoid the bomber, we will have 7 votes. This should give us a majority vote. And the other bandwagons will have lost major support except for the bandwagon against me, more likely. Again, I'm assuming the runaway bandwagon will keep everyone from voting or caring. Especially on a weekend night.

If we win that vote, and make another two kills, we own the vote as we will make a large voting block. Now, there is a chance things might not work out this way. RAB might not show up. That could put us down a member. I may face the reaper yet or lose the vote. That's another person down. Then there's a chance the mafia could hit the bomber which would put us down another member. In which case, we would rely on you further to survive.

You're likely right that at this point, you probably won't be able to win. But it was doubtful in the first place. But, you could try and make a run for it if you want to work with us. Or you could kill a townie as a sign of thanks for trying to do something for you.

Here was Khush's elaborate plan. I guess it didn't go too much into the reason for hittng decoyman apart from listing him as dangerous.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
Khush while that was a good plan as far as I know at that point the bomber wasn't known at that point. You could have blown up your entire team with a vote like that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 11:16:06 AM »
LOL GG
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
Good game DMan!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »
Is this the largest number of winners for a single game of Mafia thus far?

Edit: Nope, Mafia XXI had 20 winners.

This is in second place with 10 winners.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:32:18 AM by DrewMG »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »
I was looking for that info Drew yesterday.The Calvin and Hobs Mafia had 20 townies left in the game. There was lots of roles and people playing the game though.With 10 townies left in this game it is the biggest by how many roles there was.If I recall correctly there was 14 roles in the Calvin and hobs game.This game there was less roles than C&H.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:23:52 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
This is the first game (of the four so far) that I've been involved in that ended in a townie win.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »
I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix, Mop_it_up and nickmitch.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:35:06 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
I felt as though there were a few Mafia members not pulling their weight. I don't want to name names but if I had to say anyone I'd say Maxi, Khushrenada, GoldenPhoenix and nickmitch.

ahaha, you were playing pretty hard at the end. I admired your efforts, even though I knew you'd been investigated already. :P

The good thing about that, though, was Koopa Jr. There was always a tinge of doubt left, even after a successful investigation (of which SirSniffy had several great ones, nice job!), that what he was being fed was actually true. I like that dynamic a lot.
Twitter

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »
Heh. I'm being facetious but I'm definitely gunna play it differently if I'm ever one a side with Maxi or Khushrenada again.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
I think maybe the reason the game was so short is because the role with the most power/information went to the player who talks the most. :)